[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can AMC and the writers be so fucking stupid? They ruin the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6
File: AAAAAAA.png (98 KB, 199x227) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAA.png
98 KB, 199x227
How can AMC and the writers be so fucking stupid? They ruin the most memorable moment in the walking dead by making it a shitty cliffhanger. Do they really think this will improve the ratings these stupid fucks? Even the normies are tired of your shit now and you will only lose more people you fucking retards. My interest in twd has become something that is barely there, and i thougt this ep and negan maybe could relight it. Say goodbye to another viewer you stupid motherfuckers. The perfect scene was already written for them 4 years ago and these mouthbreathing retards do the worst thing they could have done the fuck up the whole point of the scene.
>>
Please explain to us non-comic reading normies what happened in the comic but not on the finale that triggered your autism?
>>
File: 3454564567.png (296 KB, 599x264) Image search: [Google]
3454564567.png
296 KB, 599x264
>>67853340
>>
>>67853340
It has the shock of "holy shit a main character just died incredibly violently by this guys hand out of nowhere like he was some jobber, this new guy must be the real deal, an original character hasnt died since the start of the series, the nomarks are always the ones who die and now the main charactera are dying!". Now theyve made this fucking mystery of "who got killed" and the scene has lost all its impact, the next time you see this it will be seeing it for the second time, its not a surprise or shock, you know what has happened, youre just watching to see who it was, and we already know who it was because the comics exist.

Completely fucked it up. .
>>
>>67853340

Emotionally satisfying conclusion.
>>
File: 1454611750308.png (80 KB, 848x465) Image search: [Google]
1454611750308.png
80 KB, 848x465
>>67853340

The whole point of the scene is that Rick and the group isn't the force they believe they are, They are not in control. Negan comes in and says that he's gonna kill one of them. Rick and the group are completely helpless when Negan chooses glenn. Glenn is one of the only from the original group that is still alive and a fan favorite, so you think as a reader that surely rick will find someway out of this like he has done many times before and save glenn. That doesn't happen, you get so see how negan slowly beats glenn to death for no reason at all except that he was choosen. One of the nicest characters gets killed in the most brutal fashion and negan shows that he is a capable threat and that NO ONE is safe.

But when you don't show who gets killed instead of thinking "WHAT? THEY CAN'T KILL HIM HIM/HER I HATE NEGAN" You think "what who gets killed? Fuck i wonder who it is"
The death have no impact on the viewer and the point of the scene dissapears.
>>
>>67853375
comic isn't even in color?
looks poorly drawn tbqh senpai
>>
>>67853598
Is this the part where you defend the poorly done scene of the shitty camera blood?
>>
>>67853650
>cheesy film effects
it's a cheesy comic book, it's not Gone with the Wind.
>>
What was up with Carol and the negro stick-fighter guy? Is this how AMC promotes miscegenation/beastiality?
>>
>>67853575
>>67853507
This.

If they had just fucking gone through with it and killed someone in front of everyone, that would have been great.
The whole point IS supposed to be "guess what rick you giant shitter your balls aren't half as big as you think" and bam a favourite dies and there's no clause or "what if" or crazy antics than can get you out of a bat to the fucking face.

Now it's all about "oh nooo who died :(" and when the next series starts they probably won't even reveal it straight away and when they do it'll just be shit because people who love the dead person will just be pissed off instead of being in shock but then drawn into the show for pulling that shit.

Now it's gonna be "welp, there goes another reason to watch the walking dead anymore. What's this? Another Morgan and Carol episode? Think I'll go watch Better Call Saul instead."
>>
>>67853797
>Doesn't know the name of a character who was in the first fucking episode and this entire season
What
>>
>>67854001
sorry, Charlie, this round-eye's memory decided to didi mao back to the real world
>>
>>67853912
>when the next series starts they probably won't even reveal it straight away
This. They'll have some flashback sequence of the character having happy times with Rick and the others. And then it'll show who Negan Lucilled.
>>
Jesus, I only hear bad things since I stopped watching the show after the first season. I really get the inage of a shonen, one of those Naruto cartoons extended with retard filler.
>>
So Neegan’s whole plan depended on Rick and co. being idiots? He said they spent a lot of time/resources setting up this one day. How did they know they’d be leaving on this particular day to go North? Were they just sitting there every day or waiting and waiting for a car to finally go North?

They should have turned around and went back to Alexandria after the first group, definitely after the second one. Especially knowing that the Saviors knew he killed their men and were out and about.

How could they have gotten the RV to the exact spot where they were going to walk without being really obvious and Rick seeing/hearing it? They could have ventured into the woods at any point and taken many routes, but they just happen to wander into that carefully orchestrated scene? Eugene was obviously captured and knew the plan but unless he happened to know and tell them the mile marker they went into the woods at how would they know what general area to even set the trap?

Even then they weren’t going through the woods with a compass, so I highly doubt they were going in a straight line having to go around trees and brush so they don’t fall. Not to mention it was night, so it would be even harder to keep going in a straight line. The best they could do is go in a general direction but likely would have been all over the place.

Why would Rick even try to keep going to Hilltop? I get Maggie is sick, but they obviously knew where they were going and would have just gone to get them if they’d made it past one of the roadblocks.

Alexandria was obviously the safest place for the group at that point. It would have made way more sense to just be waiting for them at the Hilltop and closed the gate behind them to prevent them from leaving.
>>
>>67853797

>Rick/Michonne
>Abrahma/Sasha
>Carol leaving Tobin because she has jungle fever for a nigger who knocked her on her ass

The Walking Interracial tbqh
>>
File: dj.jpg (52 KB, 366x210) Image search: [Google]
dj.jpg
52 KB, 366x210
>>67855452
>Hollywood race-mixing propaganda is so disgusting.
Jews win.
>>
>>67855323
>How did they know they’d be leaving on this particular day to go North? Were they just sitting there every day or waiting and waiting for a car to finally go North?
The Saviors prolly lurked outside the walls of Alexandria the night before and eavesdropped on their conversations, remember how Aaron did the same thing? Something like that.

>They should have turned around and went back to Alexandria after the first group, definitely after the second one. Especially knowing that the Saviors knew he killed their men and were out and about
Saviors were already at Alexandria. Or, hopefully, they were. In the comics they attacked Alexandria. Having Rick take Maggie to Hilltop during the season seven premiere and when he returned to a destoryed Alexandrian would be good to witness.
>>
>>67853375
Why doea Negan hit Glen with a backhand swing?
>>
>>67853132
Nah normies eat that shit up. I was at the mall the sunday afternoon before the season started and i walked by two separate groups of teenagers talking about their walking dead parties they were going to. I've never heard of shit like before for a tv show...it was like the super bowl and they were excited about their watch parties. Twd is normie phenomenon. Next season premiere will be another ratings record for show.
>>
>>67853340
>>67853507
>>67853575
it's a shit comic so who gives a fuck
>>
>>67856205
>Next season premiere will be another ratings record for show.
I'm pretty sure most normies are legitimately mad about the cliffhanger but I guarantee this happens too.
>>
>>67853132
a dozen season in and you are just realizing this, you are slow as fuck.
>>
Anyone have a video of the scene? I'd like to take another look at it.
>>
>>67853132
Abraham died, the literally held your hand to come to that conclusion the entire last two episodes. It can't be anyone other than Big Red.
>>
>>67856699
I was thinking Abraham too for a little while but someone posted a slightly slowed down version of the bashing and it definitely sounds like group members are screaming Glenn's name
>>
>>67856699
its the nerd one
>>
>>67855452
>>Carol leaving Tobin because she has jungle fever for a nigger who knocked her on her ass

There has literally been 0 romantic interest shown on both parts.

I'm laughing hard at how you autists are just like tumblr shippers when it comes to pairing up black men cause your addiction to blacked.com is out of control
>>
>>67853132
Yeah this pissed off everyone. Normies, show fans, and comic fans all fucking hate it. This was a very bad move and their reasoning is fucking stupid. I saw people saying this could have been their Red Wedding and its true. That whole buildup, Negans intro and speech, then killing off a character that has been there since season 1 would have made tv history and it would be talked about for months building up hype for the next season. Instead people don't know what the fuck to think and it won't have no where near the impact or shock factor next season that it could have had as the last seconds of this season. Fuck them all I won't legally watch any more episodes. I sure as fuck won't participate in ''who wuz killed XD'' speculation threads/hashtags/etc which is what they wanted to happen. Too bad there is more hate than speculation.
>>
This is what AMC get for firing Frank Darabont. He wouldn't have let this shit happen.
>>
>>67855210
Watch them start next season with an entire Neegan episode, end that episode with the same cliffhanger, then not reveal the death until the second scene of the second episode
>>
>>67857347

They won't reveal the death till episode 5 or something. The first few episodes will be Negan's back story kek
>>
>>67857318

Is that why Walking Dead Season 1 and 2 felt better than the rest?
>>
>>67857347
>>67857391
>Kirkman is writing a sixty page Negan origins comic
Gimple is idiotic enough to make the season seven premiere a ninety minute Negan story with flashfowards on how he got the drop on Rick.
>>
>>67857435
Yes.
>>
>>67856887
>>67856929
Nah it's the Mexican bitch. My cousin makes the walking dead he gave me all the details
>>
>>67857391

>Negan's backstory

I'd rather just have previous season from Negan's POV rather than a full on backstory leading up to the line up. We've already got the Image + thing coming out in the summer for Negan's origin
>>
File: ew.jpg (73 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
ew.jpg
73 KB, 550x550
This is less about a cliffhanger and more about contract negotiations.

A typical TV contract is for 7 seasons, which applies to Glenn and Daryl (and Rick), but not Carl or Carol since they were contracted as "supporting" and not "main cast" for season 1.

The cliffhanger exists because contract extension negotiations are still on for Glenn and Daryl. If Daryl new show is a success, he doesn't need to renew with TWD, and AMC would be able to keep his salary at a reasonable level with the new show instead of a re-negotiated one for his Biker show. If his Biker show is a failure, his negotiating power with TWD is crippled, and AMC can keep him on a lower cost vs. Glenn.

tl;dr Cliffhanger is all about how much they're going to have to pay Norman Reedus next year. Too much, and he dies. Not too much, and Glenn dies. Nothing to do with the story itself.
>>
>>67857534

Everyone in this show has gotten a back story, what do you think will make this different?

>POV

Oh yeah that will eat up a lot of time too
>>
>>67857318
Wonder how AMC is handling the backlash of the finale. It'd be surprising if a new showrunner is announced because of Gimple choices.
>>
>>67853598

Why do you need color? Because all your capeshit comics are in color? USA! USA! USA!
>>
>>67857581
Matthew Negrete would take over and he's basically Gimple's writer partner.
>>
>>67857534
>I'd rather just have previous season from Negan's POV

What would that be like ?

>licking Lucille
>beating people up
>rinse repeat
>>
>>67857556
Negan origin story will happen right before All Out War arc. Seeing as flashback stories take place right before a major event.

>>67857534
Most likely this, it'd be a Negan type season premiere focusing on how knew of Rick plans, with a primary focus on Steve Ogg character setting up everything.
>>
>>67857721
Seeing as how Steve Ogg was the lead Savior and primary focus before Negan introduction. An entire hour of Steve Ogg shenanigans cockteasing Rick with a few Negan scenes tossed in of him getting ready.
>Steve Ogg chaining together the Walkers
>Steve Ogg setting fire to logs
>Steve Ogg fellatio'ng Negan and telling him his plan was successful
>Steve Ogg taking Rick and company weapons
>Steve Ogg knocking on Negan's door letting him know it is time
>>
>>67857556

Exploring The Sanctuary and everything from Negan's side would be great. Would give fans a little time to know Negan a lot more. Not to mention they could line up a lot of timelines from last season, like Biker Negan going out to meet Daryl, Sasha and Abe then getting blasted by Daryl.
>>
>watch episode with a bunch of friends
>they go all like "wow, why are the saviours so evil?"
>Chime in with the fact that Rick's group literally murdered a bunch of sleeping people and in a previous episode brutally killed a bunch of women. Rick and Negan are pretty similar characters
>"But that's different, Rick is a good guy and Negan is not"

Fucking normies, I swear to god. No wonder capeshit is so fucking popular.
>>
>Season 6 Part A will be The Savior season
>Line up from this season won't be until the mid finale

We're in for a long, long ride folks.
>>
>>67858144
>>watch episode with a bunch of friends
>Fucking normies, I swear to god

Nigga
>>
>>67858144
>Rick is evil and crazy
when will this meme die, Rick didn't klll those people without reason, they were Saviors and they were oppresing the Hilltop colony for all they had, they literally forced to kill someone's brother as soon as Rick steps into Hilltop
>>
>>67858187
Don't worry, I'm an ugly girlfriendless loser without any passion in life and find everything dull and pointless.
>>
https://clyp.it/51h4si4q

It was Glenn.
>>
>>67853132
>watching the watching shit at all
I will never understand the appeal of zombies. Boring predictable trash.
>>
Glad I stopped watching this shit. Just disappointment after disappointment.
>>
>>67858218
he literally shoots at people he just met without them being hostile (guy they met in the barn). Negan isnt "evil" either, he just does what he has to.
>>
>>67858263

Sounds pretty calm for someone that is getting his skull turned into a puré
>>
File: image.png (368 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
368 KB, 640x960
>>67858263
>>
>>67858144

They probably think there's "good and evil", in GOT too. People do what they have to do to survive in Walking Dead, there's no good or evil like in typical Capeshit you get in Marvel and DC.
>>
>>67858218
>Rick didn't klll those people without reason

My sides @ Rick apologists. He is a literal war lord. He executes people on a whim, and he didn't do it for the Hilltop people out of the goodness of his heart, it's cause he needed food.

What they did raiding that complex isn't any different than what those guys with W's were doing. Season 1 Rick wouldn't do 99% of the things he's done this season.
>>
>>67857435
Lol 2 was shit
>>
>>67855323

They had Michonne, Daryl, Glenn and Rosita not to mention Carol and Morgan weren't back yet. That would have made them come out anyways, them taking Maggie to Hilltop was just a coincidence. They would have gone out to go find out what the fuck happened to the other guys and then that's when the saviors would have done their shit.
>>
>>67858379

Oh no.. not Abraham..... Wait, who gives a shit about him any way?
>>
>>67858285
>he thinks the show is about zombies
>>
>>67857535

Honestly, Anon. You make a lot of sense. I think it was a way to kill to birds with one stone kinda deal, people will bitch and moan about the cliffhanger but they will come back like a battered wife when Season 7 rolls around in October and ratings will probably be soaring through the roof. So, they'll also get the benefit of the renegotiating the contracts and choosing between Daryl and Glenn.
>>
>>67858379
>fans analyzing this hard over an unrelated last name who shared the same first name
Hope she commit suicide once it is revealed it is not Ab.

I think Gimple refered to this >>67858263
Fans trying dichpher the screams and everything.
>>
>>67858285
Zombies are the backdrop.

The Walking Dead is simply a soap opera with human conflict.
>>
>>67858285
What makes the show unpredictable is how dumb the characters are and the stupid situations in which they put themselves everytime
>>
I just dont understand tv writers, they have a source material that cant go wrong. Its already written, basically already storyboarded. Yet they drop the ball so many fucking times, how?

Its not even walking dead either they did this with GOT too. There is a reason why these sources are well regarded, and its not because of forced fucking cliffhangers.

Why cant they take a hint?
>>
>>67859553

Because muh independence and artistic integrity.

Also, the comics are pretty much shite after the prison escapades.
>>
>>67853132
>How can AMC and the writers be so fucking stupid?

They knew exactly what they were doing and it worked. Everyone is talking about the show. Half the threads on this board are about this very episode.

Just admit you hypocritical fucks will watch the next season premiere and get over yourselves.
>>
>>67859818
I probably will, but I will trash the show to anyone who asks if they should watch it. I also pirate it, so they arent getting any of my money or ad space.
>>
>>67859818
How about you stop having your wife's son post for you and kill yourself.
>>
>>67859818
Yeah but I'll pirate it so that's irrelevant.
>>
>>67858036
...Biker Negan?
>>
>>67859553
Because every single bullshit writer has to add something of their own to the script.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.