[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Joss Whedon hate thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 2316x2886) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 2316x2886
So why do you hate this faggot?
>>
>>67798988
I don't. I just don't think he's a very good writer and believe a lot of his work (like Firefly) is way over-hyped, and it's annoying to hear people praise him like he's some God of geekdom.
>>
HORK HORK HOOORK
>>
Oh hi /tv/. It's me, Joss Whedon. I know, crazy right? Who would have thought I was the one behind most of the Dollhouse and Firefly threads? Don't sweat it, I'm an ordinary human being, just like you.

Anyway, I'd appreciate some ideas for my next stillborn series. As I don't want to upset my fervent fans - love the glau worship, by the way, keep up the good work - that would be nice to use the ideas one would expect to find in my work, like, you know, the same actresses, pretty girls doing random sh- sorry, feminism, my personal fetish- woopsie, sorry again, symbolism, or entry-level psycholog- damn! What's wrong with me? I meant a thoughtful study of deep and complex themes such as consciousness, identity, or what makes us human and unique.

Thank you for your time!

Best regards,

Joseph Hill Whedon
>>
>>67798988

He writes great female characters, such as Season 1 through 5 Buffy (my true Buffy ending is that Buffy died saving the world and went to Heaven - even despite Once More With Feeling) which makes me idolize him, but then I hear stuff like him killing off Cordelia because Charisma Carpenter got pregnant.

Oh, not to mention that his womb obsession has reared its ugly head right onto Age of Ultron. "Ripley LOVES her forced alien pregnancy baby! Black Widow feels like a mutilated woman, no - a MONSTER - because she's infertile! So ladies, you can hack into terminals, shoot the wings off a fly or even know ten kinds of martial arts - but no matter what, motherhood is still the have-all, be-all and end-all of your existence. And this is why transsexuals aren't real women."

Joss Whedon has a mixture of womb envy and womb worship, that's my problem. :/ I want to hate him for all the problematic stuff he's written, but mostly, I'll just stick to all the good stuff he wrote and pretend that his other womb worshipping side just doesn't exist.
>>
>>67798988

He nerfed Cap in The Avengers.
He puts quips everywhere.
He is a feminist.

Fuck this guy.
>>
>>67798988
When will DCucks give up? Whedon is great, and the MCU is better for his work!
>>
Hes not awful, hes a pretty decent writer and director. Hes just not "nerd jesus" as my annoying friend always fucking calls him. He doesnt deserve hero worship hes just a above average writer and director whose done some TOTALLY NERDY LOL shit
>>
Two words: Buffy studies
>>
File: deadly stupidity.jpg (33 KB, 400x448) Image search: [Google]
deadly stupidity.jpg
33 KB, 400x448
>>67800347
There are so many SJW buzzwords in your word vomit that I'd really suggest you kill yourself now before it spreads.

Women are revered because they're able to produce life.

This is why transwomen aren't real women and called transwomen.

I don't even like Joss Whedon stuff, mostly because it's corny as fuck. But you are a retard if you find anything "problematic" about what he writes.

IT'S FUCKING FICTION, NOT REALITY

Get a fucking clue, retard.
>>
>>67799102
I'm sorry your dad died Josh
>>
Because for the most part he doesn't write good characters. He just writes quip bots.
>>
>>67800464
>He doesnt deserve hero worship hes just a above average writer and director

To be fair though, the mean "average" these days equate to total fucking crap. So in comparison to that current average, Joss Whedon is a god. Relatively.
>>
File: 1407435519508.jpg (31 KB, 517x678) Image search: [Google]
1407435519508.jpg
31 KB, 517x678
>>67800531
>"average" these days equate to total fucking crap
>>
>>67798988
Everything he writes that isn't a quip is Kino tier
>>
>>67800500

Ah yes, Tom Whedon, died at 80ish, I so forgot, how rude of me. My condolences to the Whedon family.
>>
>>67800561

Well it does.
>>
File: 1445503579951.jpg (1020 KB, 1025x2949) Image search: [Google]
1445503579951.jpg
1020 KB, 1025x2949
>>67799102
why did you fuck up AoU, I HATE YOU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
People praise him for being able to "write characters" when he can only write one character. Every Joss Whedon character sounds the same. Every Joss Whedon character is a pop culture referencing idiot. Even Captain America, who shouldn't know dick all about modern pop culture, makes pop culture references in the movies.
>>
>>67798988
I don't hate the man, I've just not enjoyed ANYTHING he has made or involved himself in (yes this includes Firefly).
>>
>thinks it's hip to criticize what he views as the establishment and hops on the SJW train
>SJWs turn on him for now being SJW enough
>ragequits twitter

I honestly don't know how his wife's son could respect him.
>>
>>67800493
>Women are exploited because they're able to produce slaves.

Fixed it for you. Better to end my life than to give birth to your retarded offspring.
>>
>>67800645
Not even Cabin in the Woods?

That's the only Joss Whedon thing I've enjoyed.
>>
He turned Avengers 2 what could of been. A great dark and serious film into a film fu of quips and turning a villain into a laughing stock
>>
What I saw with Buffy and Angel is that he needs enough time to figure out what he wants to do and then he's fine. He pretty obviously wants to fuck his female leads though.
>>
>>67800709
If you think women are exploited you live in an upside down world.

Western women are literally the most privileged and protected humans ever to be alive.

If there's a house on fire and people could choose between a boy and a hot looking woman, people would save the woman.

Exploited? Are you for real? If anything, it's men that are exploited and pretty much considered disposable canon fodder.

Please bathe in gasoline and set yourself on fire.
>>
Stop it guys, his dad just died.
>>
how can you not hate a guy with tiny teeth like that?
>>
File: MaiRearuFace.jpg (44 KB, 508x600) Image search: [Google]
MaiRearuFace.jpg
44 KB, 508x600
>>67800709

Aww sugar, you're sweeter than saccharide, honey and HFCS!~ Is this your autistic idea of courtship? Too bad for you that I'm a MtF transwoman and not the "real" woman you think I am. And I don't mean the kind that passes for even an ugly woman either, sorry! I'm 100% Sam Burke-tier male by your standards, babycakes. /kis
>>
>>67800859
Thread already derailed. Did I do good?
>>
File: 1458973753626.jpg (459 KB, 1200x849) Image search: [Google]
1458973753626.jpg
459 KB, 1200x849
I've never watched Buffy or Firefly but both look like total garbage.

My sister watched Firefly and I saw some bits here and there and from what I can remember, it was very visually repulsive
>>
>>67801035

I'm that poster, I actually meant it for >>67800838
>>
>>67798988
Apart from Firefly I'm really not a big fan of his. He's a talented director, but his dialogues grow old quick, especially the contant quiping.
>>
File: cuckcuckton.png (45 KB, 729x367) Image search: [Google]
cuckcuckton.png
45 KB, 729x367
>>
File: 3141413321414.png (116 KB, 644x938) Image search: [Google]
3141413321414.png
116 KB, 644x938
>>67801145
>>
>>67800374
How was he nerfed? I don't read comics.
>>
>>67801145
>>67801175

What a fucking Beta-male turd.
>>
What i found hilarious is how the moment he slipped up even a little the SJW tier retards on twitter and tumblr he liked defending so much turned on him so hard he deleted his twitter.
>>
>>67800347

>And this is why transsexuals aren't real women.

They aren't.
>>
I actually liked FireFly a lot, first Avengers was also pretty cool, but once I saw him falling for the SJW meme and meeting up with the likes of Sarkeesian all my respect vanished. Good thing these types eat their own and he got a taste of his own medicine.
>>
>>67801145
>>67801175
A billion years of evolution and progress and this is what it comes to.
>>
>>67801282
Yes we are. Sexuality is in the brain.
>>
>>67801035
>Is this your autistic idea of courtship?
Only a degenerate would think so.

Reality check:
No matter how close you'll look to a woman. You'll never be one.
The problem with gays like you is that they are so ashamed of their homosexuality that they feel like they have to change to the other sex.

It's okay if you like sucking dick. Except for you, nobody really cares.
>>
>>67801410
It's not because you like sucking dick that you're a woman, retard.
>>
>>67801410

If you were actually transsexual, you wouldn't refer to it as your "sexuality".

You're just a fetishist.
>>
File: so-sorry.jpg (54 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
so-sorry.jpg
54 KB, 500x354
>>67801175
>>67801145

He's like Reddit the person.
>>
File: whaton.png (389 KB, 941x762) Image search: [Google]
whaton.png
389 KB, 941x762
>>67801145
>
>>
>>67800639
Him knowing about the flying monkeys was actually time-period appropriate. Wizard of Oz came out in 39, he probably saw it with Bucky.

Fuck you for making me defend Whedon, though. I hate the way he writes Cap.
>>
I liked Firefly and the Avengers movies. Cabin in the Woods was good too. Haven't seen Buffy, but I've been meaning to for a while. Don't really give a fuck about that feminism crap.
>>
He's a shitty writer and an even worse director.

Whenever something he's involved with does badly, he always blames someone else. Like Alien:Resurrection.
>>
>>67801858
>Cabin in the Woods was good too
Oh yeah, Cabin in the Woods was a Whedon film too. I liked it.
>>
I don't hate him but that Joss Whedon feminism comic is a pretty good representation of why I find him annoying.

Overall tho, i loved Buffy and Angel and Firefly as a kid, I don't dislike the Avengers movies, and I love Cabin in the Woods. So he's ok in my book.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.