[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished pick related. What does /tv/ think? I think it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 15
Just finished pick related. What does /tv/ think? I think it started a little slow and silly but I became genuinely interested and thought thr last season was amazing.
>>
>>67681516
The animation is kinda shit, but it's still one of my favorite kid shows. I wish there was a fourth season that focused more on him firebending, it seemed really rushed when he did learn it. The Legend of Korra is absolute dogass in comparison.

I've jacked it to Toph more times than I can count
>>
Awesome universe, awesome animation, awesome characters. Probably the best serialised cartoon in existence. Sad we'll never get anything like it ever again because Nickelodeon loves Spongebob money.
>>
>>67681516
I think it's literally as good overall as the LOTR films. I know that's a bold claim but it actually has better and more 3-dimensional characters. the show gets better and better and until they can get away with self-parody immediately before a finale that is played very straight, an incredible accomplishment. it's probably underrated even in spite of being popular and well-liked.

I also really like season 1 of Korra but boy did the producers get totally shafted not being allowed to do the same kind of long-running plot with 1 strong villain.
>>
>>67681772
>>67681772
korra season 3 > korra season 1 > korra season 4 > korra season 2
>>
>>67681634
I agree with the firebending thing, kinda. I was spoiled that zuko would be a good guy eventually, but it's a little obvious if you've gotten to season 2 in the show. I thought season 2 finale would see him betraying Azula, and was disapointed when he didnt, but then I was glad cause it opened up all the fun slice of life fire nation stuff.
>>
Watched it last year, and was genuinely blown away by how well it was told, the overarching the plot and little mini arcs. Just really great storytelling on every level.
>>
>>67681806
Amon is a better villain than those shitty "rogue benders".

I like to think that if things had gone differently they would have made him the primary villain of the show and used the other villain concepts as secondary antagonists along the way.
>>
>>67682185
Amon was shit dude.

Zaheer and the Red Lotus were actually a team of villains worth being worried about.
>>
>>67681806
3 > 4 > 2 > 1 for me

I really didn't like 1. I was very tempted to not continue on, but season 2 made me glad I did. Yeah Unalaq was shit and all but the animation was a tenfold improvement and it introduce some great characters that would remain for the rest of the series. It also brought back the adventurous aspect of the franchise. Republic City is alright but it's garbage as the sole focus.
>>
>>67681772
>I think it's literally as good overall as the LOTR films

I actually agree with this
>>
Worst piece of shit I've ever had the displeasure of watching. Pretty much synonymous with eating shit.
>>
>>67681516
best kid's show ever made.
>>
>>67682252
>the animation was a tenfold improvement

>studio mir did like 3 or 4 episodes for the entire season
>shitty studio pierrot did the rest of the episodes
>studio mir instead did all the episode for season 1, 3 and 4

How can you say series 2 had good animation? that's literally where all the QUALITY screenshots of shitty korra faces come from.
>>
>>67682231
uberbloodbending is more intimidating than a villain whose power is FUCKING FLYING LMAO
>>
>>67682231
Nah to be fair I was terrified of Amon's ability to take away bending, and the bloodbending was pretty intimidating too. His father almost rekt Aang.
>>
>>67682436
he was also way more interesting with his mysterious charismatic appearance
>>
File: Zuko_redirects_lightning.png (101 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Zuko_redirects_lightning.png
101 KB, 333x250
this is literally the best cartoon out there
>>
>>67682436
how is severing someone's connection with bloodbending good? it almost singlehandedly destroyed the fucking lore that avatar had going for it. bending is done with the spirit, not some weird fucking lever in the brain. also it's fucking dumb that they introduced a character who could just bloodbend willy nilly without needing a full moon.

anyway ozai just had firebending powers. yet he was more intimidating than amon.
>>
>>67682519
Forgot to note I still preferred the Red Lotus. I fucking love Zaheer. But Amon was always more threatening.
>>
>>67681516
For whatever reason, I didn't like season 3 when it aired. But I watched it again recently and it really grew on me.
>>
>>67681516
GOAT, Korra's shit though don't watch it
>>
Water tribe best tribe
>>
File: Wan.png (154 KB, 444x250) Image search: [Google]
Wan.png
154 KB, 444x250
>dat feel when he got literally two best episodes in the entire Korra series
>>
>>67682669
My dick grew on u
>>
>>67682669
I was also iffy about the third season but man looking back over the episode list the majority of them were the best of the series.
>>
>>67682774
>hey wan, you cant do that shit
>really? because i just did!
>>
>>67682798
>>67682669
THE NAME'S FIRE, WANG FIRE
>>
File: shiiieeet boi.jpg (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
shiiieeet boi.jpg
1 B, 486x500
>>67682594
I remember finale being mind blowing, cop-out resolution about the Fire Lord vs Aang notwithstanding.
>>
File: tumblr_m7jpi37kTu1rzinrro1_500.gif (832 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7jpi37kTu1rzinrro1_500.gif
832 KB, 500x200
>>
File: shiiieeet boi.jpg (93 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
shiiieeet boi.jpg
93 KB, 720x480
>>67682885
MOOOT
>>
>>67682957
mad azula is the best azula
>>
>>67681634
>toph will never give you a footjob with her rough and dirty foots
why even live
>>
File: Agni_Kai_entre_Zhao_y_Zuko.png (129 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Agni_Kai_entre_Zhao_y_Zuko.png
129 KB, 333x250
>>67682914
>when zuko learned from his good uncle
that entire redemption arc was so satisfying
>>
>>67681516
I loved this shit. They should have started with the fire nation when they did the movie and worked the rest of it in the side somewhere.
>>
>>67682615
Amon was OBVIOUSLY using bloodbending to physically block people's chakras you NOOB. it wasn't implied to work in the same way as energybending at any point.

now be on your way before I unleash my superior theoryshitting on you
>>
Take it to >>>/co/ faggots
>>
>>67682885
I flipped shit after he got his avatar state back and kick fire lords ass[/spoiled]
>>
>>67682594
That entire exchange between Zuko and Ozai was great,
>>
File: how do you fuck it up so badly.jpg (147 KB, 487x720) Image search: [Google]
how do you fuck it up so badly.jpg
147 KB, 487x720
>>67683116
Well, it technically qualifies. I was actually excited based on the trailers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-egQ79OrYCs
>>
>>67681516
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErmZRsCIUsE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWCOrlHNh4E

Post fantastic scenes
>>
>>67683102
>it wasn't implied to work in the same way as energybending at any point.

but he uses the exact same kind of pose and gesture to remove bending that aang used on ozai
>>
File: 1200.jpg (68 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
68 KB, 1200x675
>yfw
>>
>>67681516
It's fucking based my man, it took 9 months for some of the epiodes to be created.
I've jacked it to Iroh more times than I can count
>>
>>67683299
>dat perfect balancing of comedy and suspense

p-please don't make me rewatch the whole show I have grown up things to do
>>
>>67683370
it's part of his charade
>>
>>67683299
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcsoWKFolbw
>>
>>67683602
And how exactly were we supposed to decipher that from the start? How were people supposed to figure out it was bloodbending? Where was the precedent?

>The only time we have seen someone's bending taken away was when Aang took away Ozai's power, Aang didn't use bloodbending and instead his spirit overpowered Ozai's
>Bloodbending was never shown to be able to block or remove bending in LOA
>Only bloodbenders are the old woman and Katarra, it's a dark and secret technique that barely anyone knows about and it also requires a full moon

>"h-how did you guys not know it was bloodbending! it was so o-obvious! p-please think i'm smart!"
>>
>>67683299
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCXHi0kFucc

This series had some of the best fight scenes in animation, perhaps ever. I think this might be the best but the one with Jet was excellent too.
>>
>>67683729
Also why the fuck does Amon want to remove the powers of every bender when he himself is a bender? Yeah I get it he's a hypocrite but how the fuck did he decide that that was what he wanted to do? Wouldn't it be more appropriate that he would wish to subjugate non-benders with his amazing bloodbending powers rather than fucking trying to liberate them?

At least Zaheer's motives are clear and there's a philosophy to him. Amon was a fucking masked 'evil' villain who is ultimately a fucking rush job. Fucking Steve Blum voices him for christ's sake, how corny can you get
>>
>>67682185
>>67682231
>>67682519
>>67682536
>>67682615
>>67683102
Amon had enormous potential to be a spectacular, terrifying, charismatic, powerful villain. It was criminal what Bryke ended up doing with him. IMO, this old ass deviantart comic was the best possible route that Amon could have taken. Would've been cool as hell, plus Koh is in my top three favorite Avatar character list
>>
File: 1383966935055.jpg (52 KB, 600x535) Image search: [Google]
1383966935055.jpg
52 KB, 600x535
>>67683193
>mfw I actually saw this shit in theaters
>ONG
>SOHKA
>DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR
>>
File: image.png (81 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
81 KB, 333x250
I love how for season 2 they fleshed out Zuko and showed how he was more human but always in his sisters shadow, which made him more complicated, especially when he'll do anything to get back his fathers honor, even betraying iroh after a whole season
>>
> last season was amazing

But Season 2 was obviously the best
>>
>>67683299
Can't find the specific scene but Avatar Roku saving Aang during the Winter Solstice and then sinking the Fire Temple was fucking 10/10

Basically any scene with Roku is gold. The flashback episode with Roku and Sozin is one of the best in the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDmi5ZrIVhM

That fucking voice
>>
>>67683852
Amazing how one fan comic trumps the entire writing of LoK
>>
>>67683852
that's fucking stupid.
>>
>>67683823
>why would someone want to make himself the only element-manipulating wizard in the world

gee whiz that's a hard one
>>
>>67684276
Why
>>
This seems like a good time to post this.

I have done a fair bit of work breaking down ATLA into synopsis-level plot, with the intent of working on a 5 film live-action saga.

At the moment it goes

First film runs pretty much similar to season 1.

Second film is Season 2 up to The Drill.

Third film is second half of season 2, mostly Ba Sing Se and a bunch of Zuko development stuff.

Fourth film is S3 up to Day of Black Sun.

Fifth is the epic finale.

The sticking point is Film 1/S1. Its just not as good as S2 and S3, its too disjointed and needs bulk world building/exposition for the audience to even understand it. Plus going from one end of the world to the other in a single movie doesn't really work. I made some changes to the plot which make it work better, I will post if anyone is interested.
>>
>>67684520
>live-action

THERE'S NO FUCKING NEED

AND THERE'S NO FUCKING POINT

FUCK OFF
>>
>>67684520
>fan fiction

literally wasting your own time and potential

make up your own shitty characters and plots so you can confront real issues with writing and maybe actually learn something.
>>
>>67684615

You are deluded if you think the greedy, creatively challenged head honchos in the film industry won't take another stab at this IP, I'm just trying to get a decent version prepared.
>>
>>67684666

It's not really fan-fiction, just doctoring some of the plot and characters around to make it more streamlined and cohesive.

I'm actually a screenwriter, and have a few original projects that are gathering momentum. But being able to adapt other properties is a very worthwhile skill to practise, and for me, ATLA is an amazing property that is just waiting for a faithful adaptation.
>>
This is a message for all those anons out there whi haven't seen Avatar The Last Airbender:

Sometimes, when a bunch of people on the internet all say that something is good, it's because the thing they are talking about really is good.

Treat yourself: watch The Last Airbender. It's brilliant.
>>
>>67681634
>Toph
mah nigga
>>
>>67681516
best kids show ever
>>
If you were a bender, what element would you bend?

I'd be a firebender :3
>>
>>67682914
LEEEEEAVES FROM THE VINE
>>
>>67685877
Fuck off literal bender
>>
>>67685078
i believe in you, moviebender
>>
Watched it for the first time in college. One of the most solid kids shows of all time I have to say. How the fuck did this ever get made on nick no less.
>>
>>67683852
...I like this
>>
>>67683485
>I've jacked it to Iroh more times than I can count

Truer words have never been said, brother
>>
File: Nux_shiney_and_chrome.jpg (277 KB, 870x790) Image search: [Google]
Nux_shiney_and_chrome.jpg
277 KB, 870x790
>>67682957
the entire fucking finale was the most badass thing in cartoon history
>Azula going insane getting completely btfo by Zuko and Katara
>The rest of the Gaang trashing Ozai's airships like it was nothing
>Ozai gradually losing his shit because he's getting his ass kicked by Aang with zero fucking effort
>mfw the whole thing
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.