[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>drag out season with filler and cheap cliffhangers >finally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
>drag out season with filler and cheap cliffhangers
>finally introduce long-awaited character
>put in enough delays before anything happens to make even a reality show proud
>do the most unsatisfying ending of a season in the last decade of television
>gloat on Talking Dead about how perfect you think it all went

I think people will genuinely stop watching this show after the season 6 fiasco.
>>
>talk to someone about it
>I LOVED IT
>Talked to another
>That was the most nervous i've ever been

Face it, anon. This was perfect. Why would you end by giving the fans a death? When did The Walking Dead EVER end on a finale where someone who mattered died anyway (don't say Andrea)? This was a smart decision and the butthurt will not overrun the rampant fanboyism for a shit tier television show. The Walking Dead's only getting started. Normies are immune to the nonsensical nature and bad execution/acting of the show. I know because I was one of them for 3 seasons, I literally could not see how bad the acting was/execution until I took a step back after Season 3 when nothing happened and realised "oh wait, its a bowl of shit."

A lot of people don't have that ability or simply refuse to let you realise what they're watching is shit. They immediately put up defenses like "IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT WATCH IT" or "I'M ENTITLED TO MY OPINION." Enjoy what you want man and not to get too deep into it but i personally believe there's two common traits of people who watch this show, and its gorefags who are usually unable to admit they're gorefags because they're casuals or people who've never come face to face with their fear of death because their natural armour is too high.

tl;dr: THEY'RE TAKING IT LIKE A CHAMP!
>>
>>67869125
Everything was fine until they rolled credits instead of showing a mush face THEN credits. Maybe another shot of ricks dead eyes.
>>
>>67869125
The finale was shitcanned by all the press and a majority of fans, dude. Say what you want, but what happened here was a genuine slap in the face to the fans in a desperate attempt to make the season 7 opener have higher ratings.

We all know it'll be Abraham anyway. They cheated his death to take the doctor so that they could orchestrate this to begin with. THey knew nobody would care about Abraham dying, so they let the audience fear it was a chracter people actually liked.
>>
Shame on you op, i droped after s3
>>
>>67869238
>all the press and a majority of fans, dude

Overall it's a minority to how popular the show is, they won't drop it. I mean not saying you're one of these fans but you ended your post discussing who it is when that's exactly what they want. People will be doing theories and video fan bullshit of "WHO IT WAS" for months. Would they rather have that or kill someone and have the Tumblr bandwagon shit on the show for 6 months?

They ALWAYS do this with the opening. Most fans are simpled and conditioned to accept it, whether they complain or not, they'll be the faggots yelling BEST EPISODE EVER come season 7.
>>
>>67869125
But it WAS fucking great until the complete cop out ending which deflated the entire episode.
>>
>>67868989
>I think people will genuinely stop watching this show after the season X

Thats what everyone on /tv/ say but they keep watching.
>>
>>67869320
These fucks can't keep a secret. The spoiler over who was killed will be out by mid summer at the latest. This whole fucking finale was already leaked last month, you know. Google it.

>>67869327
It wasn't great, it was drawn out to sell commercials. Did you watch it on TV? Did you see just how many commercials were happening? The frequency, the duration? It was a disgrace.
>>
>>67868989
mate, i stopped watching after season 2. only idiots stuck around this long without realizing the show really, really sucks. which is okay. the world needs idiots.
>>
>>67869408

I don't care enough to google, it was kinda obvious what the finale was anyway, you didn't need a leak. They replicate the comics by 90% pretty much.

Also does it really matter who dies? Who honestly gives a fuck. "OH GLENN DIED" ...Yeah, so? That's the problem with the show, it's just a depressing slog where you wait for your favourite character (if you even have one) to die. There's no reward, there's no ending. It should rely on drama and good acting/scenes and it literally doesn't even have that. So who gives a fuck who Negan bats?
>>
>>67869408
I didnt watch it on TV, never do. Im not American and after watching a few eps on your channels in the past the adverts drove me to distraction, how the fuck does anyone enjoy ANYTHING with the amount of ads you have, it just constantly deflates the inpact of whatever you are watching every 5 minutes. In northern Ireland we have 1 ever 15-20 minutes. I wouldnt watch anything I actually felt invested in on TV at all to be honest, it ruins the experience.

With that said I enjoyed this episode, probably more so because I didnt have to put up with the obnoxious ads, it shit the bed with the ending though.
>>
>>67869528
...did you watch it? Did you even read about it? Of course the finale was Negan. But that's not why people are upset.

>>67869589
Being stupid enough to watch it live is part of why it was so aggravating. I should have just downloaded it like I normally do and fucked them out of watching the ads.
>>
>>67869651
>...did you watch it? Did you even read about it? Of course the finale was Negan. But that's not why people are upset.

Yes, I'm some sort of retard that had no idea that Negan was going to show and bat someone at the end of season 6. Leak or not, it was obvious they'd cliffhanger it. Why would they ever show it?
>>
>>67869528
This.

Best ending would've been to bat everyone and terminate the show.
>>
>>67869958

I was kind of hoping TWD went for a subtle ending of Negan hitting the camera with the bat and killing the show. Best ending.
>>
The writers probably haven't even figured out who it is yet. Too bad HBO didn't pick this show up, they could afford better writers, have given it a huge budget, kept Frank Darabont who would have done a much better job than Gimple.
>>
>>67869238
Has there been a death people truly cared about/were affected by since Hershel? It really feels like Hershel was the last time the show really pulled off a death with longlasting impact.
>>
>>67871199
Beth, Nathan, The Mayor lady from Alexandria
>>
I hate how killing an entire compound of ~40 people makes absolutely no difference, just like how ammo never runs out in the world.

it's the mark of bad science fiction when writers ignore any consequences of the characters' actions
>>
>>67871783
>Beth
I didn't give a shit. The hospital arc was a waste of time.
>Nathan
Who?
>The Mayor lady from Alexandria
I felt a bit sad over her death but that's it.
>>
>>67869125
The episode was the best one i've seen in any show in years, i felt so tense watching Rick getting more and more scared is just that they fail to deliver at the end

Is worse than something bad, it's something that was great and then it got ruined because the writers are pussies
>>
>>67871924
>felt so tense watching Rick getting more and more scared
This, Andy Lincoln's acting was surprisingly great in this episode. It was the best acting he has ever done in The Walking Dead.
>>
>>67868989

I'm more annoyed that Negan has a beard in the tv show than anything else
>>
>>67871901
Noah is who I was thinking of. Tyrese and the little girl that Carol killed were others that had an emotional weight.
>>
The acting really saved the shit writing.
>>
JDM is the best thing to ever happen to this shit show.
>>
>>67872200
>Not Darabont
>spot the pleb.
>>
Can you imagine if GoT had pulled this shit with the Red Wedding?
>>
>>67872200

David Morrissey as well 2bh
>>
>>67872228
>the pleb

nigga, I was hyped after the first batch of comics and the announcment of the show...then dropped that shit after episode 1.

Only Rick and that no-acting Boondock faggot ass dying will save this trash.
>>
>>67872099

Nothing saves shit writing anon my friend.

My gf who loves this show, can't get enough of it. I watch episodes that she fawns over on dvr so I can basically skip 35 to 40 minutes of bullshit drama and commercial to see if anything interesting happens .

It's all good thou. I literally told her if there were any cliffhanger bullshit, and I would not be able to see someone ACTUALLY get their head bashed in, I would never watch the show again. So that's that for me broseph.
>>
File: happy_pangolin.jpg (195 KB, 600x371) Image search: [Google]
happy_pangolin.jpg
195 KB, 600x371
>mfw season 7 is a prequel
>>
>>67872359
>implying season 7's plot isn't going to be "who did negan kill" and show it in the season ending
>>
>>67871886
To be fair, they haven't made it clear whether even Negan knows about the bikers, the satellite dish outpost, and Paula's group at the safehouse. He knows that several of his men got killed at the train tracks, then another several that he sent over for retribution also got killed right by a car exactly like the ones outside Alexandria.

Though, it makes him look like a fucking goober when he's trying to put on a big show and act tough by making Rick's group pay for killing like 10 of his men, unaware that the other 40 were killed by Rick's group too.
>>
>>67869234
My bet is someone like Rick or Daryl dies and they wanted to keep their fans until next season
>>
>>67869469
You actually missed out on some great television dipshit
>>
>>67869469
Care to explain why you don't like the show with your own words? I'm really curious to know what someone who has watched the show and doesn't like it thinks about it
>>
>>67872723
If it was Rick that'd be so ballsy i'd love it.

Even the dialogue of "cut the boys eye out and feed it to his father" does not exclude Rick from the beating cause Negan adds a "and THEN we will begin"
>>
>>67872359
fuck season 7, i want a show on that thing
>>
Im almost certain that they're going to kill a minor character like Eugene or some shit and then in the following episodes have Maggies baby be zombified or some shit and eating her from the inside out causing her to die
its been hinted at in interviews that something weird is going on with her and that no "character" is safe
>>
>>67872666
I'm sure Negan knows. The writers just wanted some filler before Negan showed up that made it seemed like an overwhelming victory on rick's part.

That's what I hate about it. The writers already determined before hand how many people Negan will show up with, so however many filler saviors Rick kills doesn't matter, it's all variable.

if Rick killed 1000 people that simply means there were 1000+x saviors in the first place.
>>
>>67873185
They say no character is safe, but if it's not Glenn rick Carl or Daryl that got their he'd bashed then tall prove they are extremely fucking safe
>>
>>67871199
Beth maybe. She was the only somewhat shocking one since Hershel. Noah's was comically over the top so I couldn't really feel for him. He didn't even make an attempt to get out of the crowd , just let himself get torn apart. Taras sister dying off screen and her later talking about how she just gave up and let them eat her I thought was depressing and underrated. Literally lost everyone and boned/liked a psychopath unknowingly. Jesse and her son dying was retarded and so easily avoidable (pick up the little retard and hold his mouth shut) but its still always sad for a mother to see her kid die especially so brutally. Her freezing up and just not caring was another underrated believable scene. I feel like Ron could have gotten a better ending or even become a better character/villain, but was still great finally seeing Carl lose his eye. Deana dying I don't see how anyone could care at all; I'm just disappointed it wasn't more brutal. Merle was before Hershel but that one was good and heartfelt. Bob maybe? I don't know if anyone liked him, but he was one of the hopeful optimist characters. Went out like a boss though. Well his tainted meat scene anyway, him and Sasha talking wasn't anything spectacular. Tyreese should have been a way more tragic death but I don't know. It was so sudden and stupid that it never really registered. Best thing was we got more beth and governator. Those two girls dying was pretty messed up and probably stuck out to a lot of people. Honestly the dude I feel the most sympathy for in the whole show is the stoner dude rick and carol find with the limping chick who dies and then later ends up on the terminus kill floor. He was so likable and friendly and just got fucked over and over
>>
>>67868989
>Daryl
Reminder this is all Daryls fault for letting the Dr go with them. Then trying to avenge her.
>>
i didn't like the ending of this season but i'll stick around to see more jdm
>>
>>67874126
This tbhq familia, they already cucked me at least i want to know who died and then just YouTube the action scenes in the future
>>
>>67869408
>watching cable

just wait a few hours for it on the Internet
>>
>>67871199
just Noah
>>
>>67871980
I still loved his THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY or his ME??? in Alexandria.
>>
>>67869125
beth died in a finale.
>>
Bullshit ending aside, Season 7 is going to be pretty good with the All Out War storyline.
>>
Here you go boys: http://carl-greyems.tumblr.com/private/142035415291/tumblr_o4xdeaiypi1v88mdc
>>
>>67872228
Darabont is overrated desu. He was definitely a better showrunner than Mazzara and Gimple but that isn't saying much. The show has always been heavily flawed, the only thing that could've made it truly great is if HBO had picked it up and hired some top notch writers.
>>
The episode was shit but goddamn, JDM is fine as fuck.
Acting was top notch despite the lack of f bombs.
>>
>>67874438
Mid season finale wasn't it
>>
>>67874526
This. JDM and Andrew Lincoln deserve an award for their acting in the finale.
>>
>>67868989
>tfw season 7 will be a whodunit about who did Negan kill and it'll take all season to figure it out.
>>
>>67874496
Was this in the show last night or did it leak?
>>
>>67869408
The "90 Minute" episode was actually 1 hour and 4 minutes, and 26 minutes of commercials. That's what fucking pissed me off the most.
>>
File: 1457485804723.jpg (100 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1457485804723.jpg
100 KB, 720x720
>>67874526
>Acting was top notch despite the lack of f bombs.

>You have a second version of this scene with Negan-like cursing, right?

>We had to shoot two versions — we had to shoot the Blu-ray version, which had a lot of the swearing and a lot of Negan’s colorful language, and then we had to shoot the broadcast version. So when you get the DVD or the Blu-ray version, that will have the full Negan speech from the graphic novel.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/04/walking-dead-season-finale-greg-nicotero-negan
>>
>>67868989
I've only been legitimately fucking pissed at a television show twice. The ending of Dexter and now this. I didn't get to watch it until this morning and I was so excited to wake up and watch it. I've been a comic book fan for years so I've been waiting for this moment since issue 100. Everything was great up until they didn't fucking show it. This would have been their stand out episode and the one people talk about for years to come. I mean introducing a great villian, him giving a great speech and completely changing the groups world, only to end it by him killing one of the main characters who was there from the start with a smile on his face. That would have been perfect. but they had to fuck it up. I don't get passionate about shit like tv shows or movies or video games like a lot of people but this has made me fucking furious. I'll only pirate their shit from now on.
>>
>>67872359
Guaranteed S7E01 will begin with a flashback and won't show who died til the very end of the ep
>>
>>67874740
That is the case for every "90 minute" finale on a channel with commercials.
>>
>>67874782
If I still watched it I would feel the same way, seems really fucking dumb.
>>
>>67874782
I feel the exact same way. It's amazing how stupid AMC is.
>>
>didn't end with carol coming out of nowhere and 360 no-scope all of the saviors despite being miles away and with a stab and 2 bullet wounds.

3/10
>>
>>67874774
>literally buy the bds for the f-word
Fucking why?
>>
>>67869125
yes it was GOOD until the last 30 seconds then it went downhill faster than a spacex rocketship
>>
File: 1458273775453.jpg (52 KB, 887x1097) Image search: [Google]
1458273775453.jpg
52 KB, 887x1097
>>67874740
>26 minutes of ads
>>
File: 4L_U2C0o3gN.jpg (152 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
4L_U2C0o3gN.jpg
152 KB, 1024x768
Based abe was the only one to stand up to negan and stare him in the face.

That's why he'll obviously be the one to get the bat. You're delusional if you think they're going to ever kill off one of the main characters.
>>
Does Steven Ogg's character have a name? Or is he just going to be Trevor for the next six months? Either way he was definitely my favorite part of this episode. Much more entertaining character than Negan desu senpai
>>
Can they redeem it by showing the beating from the beginning in third person in the first episode of S7? I just want the iconic moment to be recreated.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 533x462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 533x462
>>67875126
This. Fuck this show. Wish theyd have just killed the gook or daryl instead.
>>
>>67868989

LOVED SEASON 6

LOVED THE ENDING

SECOND BEST SEASON SO FAR IMHO

CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON 7

FUK THE H8ERS
>>
>>67875320
Hello Chris Hardwick.
>>
>>67875320
The first half of Season 6 was great, I'll agree.
>>
>>67875126
i really dont think glen is that important in the show

in my line of main characters it would go something like this

Rick>Carl>Daryl>rest
>>
>>67875418
Daryl hasn't done shit besides get stuff stolen from him and got shot.
>>
>>67872723
Rick is the entire show, they're not killing him off.
>>
>>67875475
That episode which on paper looked great where him and rick go on a supply run and meet jesus was the fucking worst. At moments i was like "this actually was considered good enough as a final cut"
>>
>>67872723
Rick and Carl will never die
>>
so is it confirm that psycho carl is coming back?
>>
>>67874916
because they can't broadcast that

don't blame them for it
>>
>>67872046
it's a pretty kick ass beard
>>
>>67875992
My only problem with JDM as Negan is that he's really small. Negan is pretty bulky in the comics.
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 800x826) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 800x826
>>67876087
>MUH COMICS
>>
File: 1451732490849.jpg (114 KB, 640x497) Image search: [Google]
1451732490849.jpg
114 KB, 640x497
You'll still watch next season
>>
>>67868989
No people will see the comic book spoilers and get hype again. You think they didn't just go on the wiki and look up who died as a reference point?

Just like GOT and bookfags you have the comic book fags standing in periphery, hyping up the next "pinnacle of hype" moment

>if you guys think the governor was bad wait for negan!
>if you think negan was crazy wait for the war
>if you think that was crazy wait till the whisperers
>>
>>67876289
Of course i will, the only thing that was bad about this episode was the ending, take away the cliffhanger and you get one of the best episodes of any series in recent years, sadly that one thing left a bad taste in my mouth

All i can do to take revenge is giving it a bad rating on review sites, and i fucking will, and i will also watch the season 7 premiere when it comes out and come back to shitpost here, because i like to be sheep god damn it
>>
I watched it with my dad and he really enjoyed it. Loves Negan already.
>>
>>67876364
Naw the comics have meandered since issue 100. Nothing will top it and as a comicfag this was the last great scene to play out. kirkmans out of ideas.
>>
Hey guys, please help an anon

I don't watch TWD but it was on the TV as I walked past someone watching it yesterday. It looked like the finale apparently but it was a sort of recap/montage of deaths. Hoping to get a lead on where I can find that piano piece, thanks
>>
>>67874774
> Greg nicotero says 'even the writers didn't know who died'
>>
>>67869125
Your superiority complex is astounding! You've really got the world figured out based on your experience with a tv show. Kudos, man. I have no doubt you're going straight to the top.
>>
I had to watch it with my girlfriend's son and he kept calling me dad.

Negan was pretty cool though.
>>
>>67875347
>I know I work for amc, but that was REALLY GOOD!
What a shill
>>
File: AL.gif (467 KB, 250x183) Image search: [Google]
AL.gif
467 KB, 250x183
>>67876467
i dunno about one of best episodes of TWD never mind any show.
the whole thing felt weak to me.

>Downright cringy "I'm coming with you rick" dialogue for everyone on board.
>Repetitive roadblock shenanigans.
>Aimless Carol/Morgan subplot goes nowhere
>Steven Ogg wasted on trite henchmen dialogue that basically amounted to "NO U GONNA DIE"

It was 50 minutes filler
10 minutes of good performances.
Ending with a cheap ratings ploy for maximum shekels
>>
>>67871980
It really was outstanding. His gradual panic is what drove me to mirror it while watching.
>>
>>67875859
I think it's the idea of buying the DVD just for a few lines of inconsequential dialogue that's ridiculous.
>>
FUCK OFF AMC REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#WHOISIT? SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS YOU FUCKING COCKROACHES
>>
West side hptx
>>
>>67876842
Well, different strokes for different folks i guess, the buildup in tension and seeing Rick's group getting more and more scared really made me feel tense, especially knowing that the Saviors were intentionally fucking with them

I think the climax of that episode to me was hearing the whistles in the middle of the night when they were carrying Maggie, is like that moment is when they realize how fucked they are and Rick's face just sells you the whole thing
>>
>>67868989
told my normie friend the whole story, he said he can't see a problem with cliffhangers.
>>
the reason there was no one shown as getting killed , is because AMC is doing contract negotiations with the cast. who ever is agreeable stays. those that dont (the ones AMC dont really need) will be featured as the person killed. None of the cast know who is killed because it's not filmed yet. Once they weed out who isnt getting resigned, they'll pick up where they left off.
Jews gonna Jew
>>
>>67877219
no doubt Andrew did a great job but thats why its so saddening and frustrating.

The actors deserve a better show as much as the audience does.
>>
>>67877313
So then it def wont be daryl or glenn. Rip abraham
>>
I bet they just did this cliffhanger bullshit because they think it'll make people want to watch Fear the Walking Dead more. Everyone will need something to get their The Walking Dead TM on AMC fix until season 7.
>>
What did Negan say to Abraham? The refugees were making my sister moan too loudly then.
>>
>>67876087
Yeah bit disappointing how he didn't fill out that leather jacket
>>
>>67877516
Negan rubbed his own beard and said it was time for a shave.
>>
>>67877409
it's either abraham, aaron or maybe glenn, since he's out filming movies at the moment
>>
File: 1445529697737.jpg (70 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1445529697737.jpg
70 KB, 1024x768
>>67874384

It's more of a good line than strong acting but I always fucking loved him in the

>It's a Rick tells someone he hears Nebraska's nice episode

That and Shane saved season 2 for me
>>
>>67877516
Post pics of Renate, Bernd.
>>
>>67872200

He really isn't that great man, a charismatic actor does a decent Negan but he hasn't sold me in the little we saw of him
>>
File: twd-ezekiel-pic.jpg (529 KB, 1226x1388) Image search: [Google]
twd-ezekiel-pic.jpg
529 KB, 1226x1388
Ezekiel is coming to steal ricks gf
>>
>>67869125
>Sample size of 2 people
This is why anecdotal evidence will ALWAYS be shit.
>>
>>67871199
>Has there been a death people truly cared about/were affected by
Yea, H-
>since Hershel?
Oh. Well a lot of people were kinda peeved at the season 5 deaths, Tyrese, Bob and Beth all got really great character development but I personally expected them to die sooner than they did.
>>
IF MR. WORF FIRE
Happened lastnight, you people would still complain it sucked.
>>
>>67873777
>Honestly the dude I feel the most sympathy for in the whole show is the stoner dude rick and carol find with the limping chick who dies and then later ends up on the terminus kill floor
Holy shit that was him? I thought he got ate by Walkers, man that's shitty.
>>
>>67872354
Good call.
>>
>>67878187
Nah, that cliffhanger worked. We got to see Picard become assimilated by the Borg and obviously they couldn't fit a big space battle into that episode so ending it at "MR. WORF, FIRE!" made perfect sense. With TWD they could've easily shown Negan killing someone but they didn't to bait people into watching the next season. It's the worst cliffhanger I've ever seen.
>>
>>67873777
>Beth
Daryl not fucking her made me hate Daryl and I hope he got the bat.
>>
Been watching the show for a long time.

Will still watch it, but so pissed off by their bullshit, that I won't watch it on TV.

Just gonna stream for free. I dont want those faggots getting any ratings for ad revenue. Not from me, anyway.
>>
>>67878018
Jesus Christ what the fuck is this
>>
>>67878350
I think it was around Beth's death that i got upset at the writing, i coudn't understand the reason why Beth decided to stab a police officer with some scissors and expect to not get shot it was one of the stupidest deaths i have ever seen
>>
>>67878420
anon pls my career is in media buying/marketing, don't steal my shekels
>>
I missed the middle of the episode. My sugar daddy got bored and ordered me to massage his face with my feet. Why was Carol bleeding?
>>
>>67878440
Apparently she went on to do a nude scene. So it all works out!
>>
>>67878436
A tiger that that gives its life to save old king nigger there then gets eaten by zombies
>>
>>67876842
>>Aimless Carol/Morgan subplot goes nowhere
What do you mean? It had a solid climax for what's been happening to the both of them this season.

Morgan finally realized when killing is necessary and Carol's desire for punishment for her sins hit its apex.
>>
File: 1459743401305.jpg (35 KB, 363x541) Image search: [Google]
1459743401305.jpg
35 KB, 363x541
>>67878510
Here I was thinking the comics were less retarded than the show.
>>
>>67878565
>comic series based on zombies, which is an inherently crazy concept
>a tiger raised from birth, who won't attack her human is breaking my immersion

This series isn't for you, and you need to go.
>>
>>67874094
true to some extent
i mean maggie would have still had the pains and they still would have had the trek to hilltop, only thing that changes is negan doesnt have some of ricks group and cant pysch them out with the hair and the arrows
michonne, latina, glenn, and him being in danger is completely on him though
so if one of them dies, he probably goes berserk and blah blah blah revenge redemption arc ending with him killing dwight ( probably by sacrificing himself like his brother)
>>
>>67878497
>like 33 years old with tits smaller than most 12 year olds
>almost literal mosquito bites
So sad.
>>
>>67878730
Wow she's 30 fucking years old? God damnit
>>
I don't read the comics but how would the show version of the Governor had handled Negan?
Remember when he met Tara's family and drove that moving van? What if it hadn't broken down and they drove all the way north and met Aaron?

At the very least, the Governor would've fortified the shit out of Alexandria. He would've learned from how Rick infiltrated Woodbury and make it difficult for a commando attack into Alexandria.
>>
>>67868989
>I think people will genuinely stop watching this show after the season 6 fiasco.

Im a walking dead fantard. Fucking love it. Love the comics, and have been anticipating this event for fucking years. I even gather every week with my normie friends to watch the newest episode as soon as it comes out.

This fucking cliffhanger has ruined it for me...I'm definently going to watch season 7, but every week? Fuck no, Ill come back to it once the show is done and aired to see if they ever got better than this view-mongering shit.

I thought that episode was god near perfect until the cliffhanger.
>>
>>67874914
she was out of bottle rockets
>>
>>67878778
Gov would have been a proto-Negan, but his shit attitude and up-his-own-ass worldview would have prevented him from establishing working relationships with other colonies. Eventually he and his group would fall. Negan's tactics are brutal, but he's got a working relationship with his neighbors. It's keeping all of them alive.
>>
>>67875609
i just imagined benny hill theme music in my head
especially when they lost the truck
>>
>>67878631
>It's about zombies so extra, unrelated retarded shit doesn't matter!

It's not the series is any good to depend with, this is mindless television at its finest. And no, I'm not using "finest" as a compliment.
>>
>>67878896
>mindless
>zombies

Pottery

If this is your idea of mindless TV, there's really not much that would please you. It's on par with any other TV drama. TV is clearly not for you. Perhaps you should stick to the films of Wes Anderson.
>>
>>67878896
whats wrong with a tiger in a world about zombies

pets have been in the series before, and people have tigers as pets irl
>>
>>67878018
so its true then
people told me the comics started going off the rails after the introduction of samurai black girl
and then i heard about negan
now fucking elderly woolie with a tiger? wtf
>>
This could have been red wedding for Twd.
>>
>>67879036
>people told me the comics started going off the rails after the introduction of samurai black girl

Really? Because that shit happened at the start of the book, and the tiger shit happens waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay later on.
>>
>>67878839
Governor's actually less of a proto-Negan and more of a shitty, crazy and evil Rick.

Governor and Rick rule by respect and trust but the former's all built on lies, a charming speech and a smile, while Rick's altruism is real and reliably holds shit together.

Negan rules 100% by fear.
>>
>>67879112
samurai black girl wasnt til mid prison arc anon
>>
>>67874673
Last scene.
>>
>>67879135
And he's got weed and ping pong. I'd kill for Negan.
>>
>>67879184
Yes, which is at the beginning of the book. Issue 19, compared to issue 154 which is where they're up to.
>>
>>67873289
i think that was the point though. rick thinks he's killed loads. he thinks he's got the upper hand.
then final episode negan finally decides to intervene. all the roads are cut off. countless men working for him. they realize these guys are the real deal and shows how powerful negan really is. plus it adds to the whole defeated rick thing
>>
>>67879135

>Negan rules 100% fear
>Not the most intelligent and capable person on the planet at this point

Literally would have been in Rick's position now if Rick didn't act like a bitch and slit his throat when Negan wanted to stop the war and have everyone work together after realizing the violence was pointless now.

Negan's only as scary and domineering as he wants to be to keep loose cannons in line. He's probably the fairest and most reasonable person in the comic series. The Saviors are even a lot less villainous than in the TV show.
>>
>>67879112
just saying what ive heard
>>
>>67879326
my point is you can't really claim walking dead went "off the rails" when it was always like that.
>>
>>67874740
>pay for TV
>watch ads

>pirate TV
>don't watch ads

I feel like something's gone wrong here.
>>
>>67879362
Kirman is literally off the rails: the writer. He does so much shit on a whim, from the tiger to jesus being gay and revealing this by showing him in bed with aaron
>>
>>67879362
yeah but didnt it start of with actual characters. i mean they were pretty much just regular people until that point right?
>>
>>67878839
>>67879135
>>67879319
Okay, what if Woodbury was located in Virginia instead? Governor has all his inhabitants and guys including Merle. Throw in the tank and its operator for good measure.

Wouldn't the Governor try to work something out with the Hilltop and ally against Negan?
>>
>>67869589
It's a ratchet effect. People who don't mind one ad probably won't mind two ads, and people who don't mind two ads probably won't mind three ads. It's jarring to anyone who's gotten used to no or minimal advertising, but the suckers who still watch broadcast TV don't even notice.
>>
>>67875126
>they won't kill off main characters
they kill them off in the comic. The writer even said he plans to kill rick or to just stop showing him altogether because he wants the reader to know that know matter who they are, they are still human and can still die.
>>
>>67878264
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8dkPEnJias

This was brutal as fuck. I've always wondered what the fuck happened with Sam and Ana? How did Ana get eaten by the Walkers and how did Sam end up in Terminus?
>>
>>67868989
The entire scene was done very well but that ending just fucked it all up. All that suspense and build up and then fucking nothing.

Fuck this show. Fuck the actors. Fuck the producers. Fuck the people who will continue to watch. Fuck AMC.
>>
>>67872046
He did remark on how he "needs to shave this shit" after sizing up Abe. He'll come back next season clean shaven.
>>
>>67879517

The Governor doesn't have the numbers, and one tank is nothing to all of the Saviors' man power and equipment beyond a tank. Daryl took the tank out alone, and there's plenty of Saviors who can probably go toe to toe with Daryl or Merle, especially Steve Ogg's character, Dwight, or Negan. In the comic, Jesus is the only person to actually do well in a fight against Negan.

On top of that, the Governor is too much of an enraged madman. He couldn't keep his people together against a small force like Rick's group not once, but twice in the show. They even ultimately turned on him the second time. Negan's good enough to exploit that flaw quickly.

Rick's probably the best individual shot against him, and it takes 2 extra settlements besides his to get the Saviors to agree to a cease fire, not even a victory.
>>
>>67877647
i was thinking this as well. he seemed pretty skinny, which is strange because he looked big in watchmen
>>
>>67879894

He looked much bigger on Talking Dead. He's been bulking since November. He had to film literally 2 days after he was offered the part.
>>
>>67868989
If people are still watching this after season 2 then I can't think of a whole lot that will make them stop now.
>>
I want to believe they killed Rick, and Coral becomes the new main character.
>>
>>67879036
It's a fucking show about the zombie apocalypse. It's not going to be realistic.
>>
>>67880255
I would hate that, Rick is a flaming hypocrite and a bit psychotic but I really like him and I like seeing him adapt to this world. Plus Andy Lindcoln has been delivering surprisingly good performances, Coral's actor is nowhere near as talented as Andy.
>>
Wish they would've gone through with revealing Peewee as Negan.
>>
File: 1458532402756.png (365 KB, 490x852) Image search: [Google]
1458532402756.png
365 KB, 490x852
>hits Michonne with the bat
"taking it like a chimp"
>>
>expecting a giant beast of a man
>we get redneck freddie mercury, scarf and aids included
Disgusting
>>
I hope Lucille doesn't die guys
>>
>>67875126
Scott Gimple suggested some of Carl's comic relationship with Negan might be given to another character, maybe Negan will develop respect for Abraham.
>>
>>67868989
>I think people will genuinely stop watching this show after the season 6 fiasco.

I agree. They lost 4 million viewers from last season. They're going to lose a lot more next season.

Watched Talking Dead. Scott Gimple definitely looked worried. No matter what he said about the ending. He was nervous as fuck.
>>
File: RIP.jpg (53 KB, 625x455) Image search: [Google]
RIP.jpg
53 KB, 625x455
>>67880616
>>
>>67879886
It's a victory, anon. Dwight took over the saviors and surrendered.
>>
>>67872737

Not him but if the first two seasons of a show suck there's no reason to stick around
>>
>>67880848
That would be a very acceptable trade. I am glad Carol is at the Kingdom. For a while I was scared she'd steal Carl moments with Negan. Alternatively what if Daryl sneaks into the Savior's truck to fuck some Sanctuary bitches up just to notice Carl huddled under a mattress with Abe's m16? That'd be fun. Have them light shit up together. Or have it be Abe and Carl. I'm just spitballing
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 400x250
>mfw plebs say "you'll still come back to watch it"

you guys do know there are people here that stopped watching this dogshit seasons ago and just come back to laugh? Just because you don't have the conviction to stop watching a soap opera doesn't mean no one else does
>>
File: vo38du.jpg (38 KB, 490x852) Image search: [Google]
vo38du.jpg
38 KB, 490x852
>>67876087
>>67877647
>>67879894
He only ate a can of tuna a day to lose 40 lbs for another role recently, then he had like 2 weeks notice that he was picked for Negan. He's usually a little girthier. I doubt he'll bother getting back into Watchmen shape, but who knows.
>>
>>67875126
>Abraham
>Not a main character

Michael Cudlitz is credited in the main intro sequence you fuck
>>
>>67868989
How is this shit still around? The zombie fad died two years ago. Why does this refuse to die (lol) with all the other garbage from back then.
>>
Negan
Abe
Eugene

Who else is redpilled? Gabriel?
>>
>>67875126
Tell me about Negan. Why does he only wear one glove?
>>
>>67877313
>In 2010, Lincoln signed up for the show for a potential six years.[33]
Looks like Clutterbuck's gonna negotiate a huge raise, but yeah that definitely makes you wonder what the other actors' contracts are like and how that lines up with season 7.
>>
>>67872723
Negan pretty much confirmed it's not Rick or Carl.
>>
>>67881619
Spoken like a true neckbeard that has never played a sport or held a baseball bat a day in his life
>>
It's Abe. Sasha will try to take down the sanctuary alone and get Holly's death.
>>
>>67882008
It's not Abe. Probably Eugene thio. People are put off by autism.
>>
How would a Walking Dead/Game of Thrones work? It won't every happen, but someone please humor me.
>>
>>67881495
The Walking Dead was, if nothing else, at least smart enough to make it not about the zombies. I mean I guess that's been a staple of the genre since Romero who was always very clear that people were the real danger, but The Walking Dead has entered this weird medieval war/proto-Mad Max hybrid phase with zombies as a backdrop and it's enough to keep people interested. I just wish it wasn't bogged down by too much melodrama and shoddy writing, the premise is great otherwise.
>>
>>67881133
why is it still the #1 show on cable with its spinoff being 2nd place?
>>
File: operator_get_me_doubles.jpg (92 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
operator_get_me_doubles.jpg
92 KB, 1600x1200
>>67882077

It's kind of already happening with the creatures from beyond the Wall.
>>
>>67882066
this
and they made a big scene of him handing over his bullet recipe to rick
which is pretty much all the character has left to do in comics iirc
that an fucking rosita at least
>>
File: piss.jpg (242 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
piss.jpg
242 KB, 2048x1536
What a shitty finale

>Hype Negan up all season long
>Everyone, literally everyone, knows that Negan kills Glen in the comics
>Seriously, this shit has been getting reported on in the mainstream media for weeks now in anticipation of the season finale
>Everyone, not just fans of the comic, knows that Negan is going to show up and cave someone's skull in with a bat in the finale
>Everyone is watching just to see who Negan is going to kill when he finally shows up
>End it on a cliffhanger
>Talking Dead goes full shill and talks about how perfect it was

What a waste of time. I'm done with this show.
>>
>>67882066
Not Eugene. Negan looks to his left when saying that shit "you can cry, etc", there was nobody next to Eugene, plus he has to make bullets. It's Daryl, Glenn or Abe
>>
>>67882189
how the fuck is the spinoff 2nd place. oh god that show is true dogshit. even TWD you can still watch for guys like JDM or Stephen Ogg. but FTWD is just soooooo fucking awful.
>>
If they had so much trouble to complete the season, the writers should've had Negan kill everyone in Rick's crew and end the entire series there. Would've been a 10/10 ending with a real bang.
>>
>>67882271
He gave rick the bullet recipe, though.
>>
>>67882271
I agree that it won't be Eugene, but Negan could have just been looking off to someone in his crew when he said that.

Not a good reason to exclude him
>>
>>67882229
if they were going to cliffhanger it could they have not at least had it fade to black as he was pointing at them and saying eenie, meanie, minnie, moe?
that stupid first person view sucked all tension out of the scene and made the finale pretty silly in retrospect
>>
>>67882362
you might be onto something.
Negan might not have been able to kill off everyone, since he needed them to get him 'shit', but enough of them so the cast thins out
>>
Can we PLEASE talk about the scene where Eugene tells everyone he'll drive the RV alone to distract the saviors? He says goodbye to Abe, the music swells, they carry poor sick Maggie who can't even walk by now, Eugene closes his eyes, and happily accepts his inevitable death, for he redeems himself by sacrificing his life to save his friends. Just when Rick's group was becoming a band of murderers killing sleeping people this scene happens and we realize our heroes have never done anything wrong and they're genuinely good people. Thoughts? Probably the best scene on all six seasons and the greatest scene this year of any show so far.
>>
The guy negan killed is that guy, the new guy
>>
>>67882390
eugene will be captured and used to make bullets for negan, while rick and possibly able make bullets at their base. they are simply setting up for 'all out war'
>>
>>67881993
>wahh my fingy wingy hurts
>wahh lil babby need glovey

Pathetic.
>>
>>67882229
Imagine if that thing burst, now that would be pee pee pants city.
>>
File: exxd.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
exxd.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
>>67882446
Can you PLEASE go back.
>>
>>67879517
>the Governor doing anything sensible

The guy was a fucking baby, if anything meeting the Saviors would just give him an excuse to throw a hissy fit and gun down more of his own people
>>
>>67882362
Been saying this for a while now, actually.

I'm not current on the comics, but I really think the only way to end a series like this is for the whole group, Rick included, to meet their demise.

Of course, TWD is making too much money for AMC right now, so there's no way they would have let Negan kill everyone, but I think that's how this show needs to end. Someone has to take the group out.
>>
>>67882482
i think they did that because their triyng their damnest to make sure every character is a possibility
and the ability to make bullets was eugenes plot armor
>>
File: peepee.png (248 KB, 337x308) Image search: [Google]
peepee.png
248 KB, 337x308
>>67882555
>>
File: 1449528375327.gif (2 MB, 348x323) Image search: [Google]
1449528375327.gif
2 MB, 348x323
>bitchnuts
>we are neck deep up shit creek with our mouths wide open
>>
>>67882611

The Walking Dead is literally AMC's only good show right now. Everything else is just medicore historical dramas or spinoffs like FTWD.
>>
>>67882591
i was just thinking this
> guv'ner rolls up to the saviors
> you assholes think your tough? you think your bad?
> turns around and hardscopes one of his own people using his magic eyepatch
> yeah? what about now?
> saviors look on in confusion as the guv'ner guns down his entire army
>thats what i thought
> proceeds to cut his own hand off and throw it in negans face
>>
>>67869589
We normally just phase out during commercials. Or we just record them ahead of time via DVR and so we can fast forward through them, I rarely watch shows like that without doing that nowadays.
>>
>>67869589
>>67882728

There's torrents of the episodes up on Kickass like an hour or two after they air.

> no ads
> can find subtitle files for any language you can think of
> pick between 720p or 1080p
>>
>>67872666
whoa there Satan
>>
>>67882700
>spinoffs like FTWD.

Come to think of it, having Negan or some other villain kill off Rick's group would be the perfect way to make a new spinoff

>>67882648
This.

Ultimately, nothing is going to come of the "recipe" that Eugene gave Rick. He's going to live and proceed to make bullets as planned. They only did that because they wanted people to speculate as much as possible about who died, and didn't want too many people having plot armor

>>67882711
lold
>>
File: 1431041578012.jpg (10 KB, 379x324) Image search: [Google]
1431041578012.jpg
10 KB, 379x324
>>67882555
>>
>>67868989
>gloat

More like damage control than gloating
>>
>>67868989
if people didn't stop watching this shit show after the first couple episodes they aren't going to stop now
>>
Why is JDM putting on a slight accent, bros? Is it a carry over from that Texas Rising movie. Haven't seen it btw so if he sounds totally different in that too then idk. I have to see more before I fully decide but I think I'd prefer nomral JDM to southern JDM.
>>
>>67882795
I know but The Walking Dead is family night. Come over to my parents house with my brother and we all eat popcorn. Can't do that with a laptop.
>>
>>67874800
There's no way they can start season 7 from where season 6 left off. All of the intensity of the scene died when they decided to make it a cliffhanger. If they started where they left off the death would just be swept under the rug by the rest of th epsiode.

And that's why Season 7 WILL start with a flashback or flashforward. I fucking hate AMC for doing this
>>
plot armored characters:
Rick - story is based on him
Carl - ricks son who will eventually take the lead when rick dies
Michonne - Black Female checks the box for diversity, makes it ok to kill any other minority since she is around
Daryl - hes the mascot of the walking dead. his face is associated with the show more so than rick and he's barely in episodes
>>
>>67875255
No. All the intensity of the scene and pacing went out the window when they made it a cliffhanger.
>>
also, the person who is killed was fading in and out of first person view the whole episode. the person was in the back of that truck looking at the lights from the start of the show all the way until negan pulled them out. so , it's out of daryl, michonne, glenn and rosita

glenn gets the bat
>>
>>67883572
>watching TV is a big event for my family
You are pathetic.
>>
If the season 2 premiere didn't put off the viewers, pretty much nothing will.
AMC will decide when to put this piece of shit out of its misery.
>>
>>67883716
>spending time with your family every week is a 'big event' to you
Continue to resent whatever family you have for being normies and alienate yourself from them all the while you blame faggots and niggers for ruining the nuclear family.
>>
>>67875126
The guy was saying something about choosing the very best.

That makes sense, to kill who you think is the best in your enemy team

Who is the biggest threat from his POV? The big guy, Abraham. Abe looks like the guy who can actually take negan on in a fight
>>
File: jayandsilentbob.jpg (74 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
jayandsilentbob.jpg
74 KB, 1024x576
Will they make a cameo appearance as Saviors?
>>
>>67881619

he's a smooth criminal
>>
>>67882229
see you in october
>>
>>67869125
>When did The Walking Dead EVER end on a finale where someone who mattered died anyway

Beth.
>>
>>67869589
Use the commercial time to take a piss and refill on snacks, reflect on the episode on your way there and back
>>
Maggie - They will not kill a pregnant woman on television
Glen - It's too obvious
Abraham and Sasha - New, blossoming relationship
Eugene - Gotta make the bullets

Hope you don't like Rosita or the guy from Alexandria
>>
>>67871783

>Mayor Lady's death

I love how she was devoured by a horde of zombies then somehow her zombified body in relatively great shape was found wandering around the woods outside of Alexandria.

This show does it all the fucking time with people being ripped apart by zombies only to be found later walking around in one piece.
>>
>>67883908
>someone who mattered
>Beth
top kek anon
she was about as useless a character as you could possibly get
>>
>>67883908
The character was important, but that had to be one of the most obvious write-offs and worst character deaths in TV history

>Hurr everyone showed up to save me. They traded a hostage for me. Now let me attempt to stab this armed police officer, who is probably wearing some sort of body armor, in the chest,with a barely dangerous weapon, in a small hallway, in front of a bunch of people armed with guns

That death retroactively made Beth a shit character. Hope the failed singing career was worth it
>>
File: 1404790973567.jpg (11 KB, 238x250) Image search: [Google]
1404790973567.jpg
11 KB, 238x250
>>67883716
>not having some good time with your loved ones
>>
>>67883943
so your memories really bad i guess?
didnt show her getting ripped to pieces at all
she had that come and get me bastards moment where she started clearing out the hallway
and thatss the last we see of her
it entirely possible she turned before she was eaten.

or merely got away logn enough to turn
the town was overrun so alot of zombies probably got outside the walls whle they were still cleang up
not saying its not convenient, but its not impossible
>>
>>67868989
>Actually sticking around for this hot garbage for 6 fucking seasons
You have only yourself to blame
>>
>>67884011
yeah this
people call out season 3(?) for dragging mandrea through the mud and making her make a shit ton of stupid and retarded decisions to make her death seem like it meant something
but they did basically the same thing to beth
>>
>>67883908
no one gave a shit about beth except pedos and teen girls, she was basically a redshirt who was long overdue to die.

the awkwardly shot death scene was badly done, but she wasn't anything interesting
>>
>>67884080
>actually being autistic enough to come into this thread just to post and make sure everyone knows hes super cool and doesnt watch the show
we only have your mother to blame for not getting that abortion
>>
>>67884096
beth was meaningless
>>
>>67883918
Eugene gave Rick the instructions on how to make bullets
>>
>>67883572
Buy a fucking HDMI cable.
>>
>>67883943
that implied that she went out like a lion after clearing that entire hallway of walkers. its gggreat
>>
>>67884144
yeah? i wasnt disagreeing that she was meaningless, i was merely pointing out the similarities on how they ended the two characters
perhaps it was on purpose, maybe beth was channeling mandrea who as we should recall gave her scissors and told her to go ahead and kill herself
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.