[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nostalgia Critic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: strawman.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
strawman.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
So I recently watch pic related after taking a break from NC I stopped watching him after him and his cronies did those autistic skits and I'm surprised nobody mentions this episode he literally strawmans the people who critize him about not using clips and doing shit skits, how can one be a so called "critic" when they themselves can't take it I think I see why NC is such a meme on here
>>
Hello fags
>>
Really as much as this board talks about NC nobody can add to the discussion?
>>
>>72124876
There's nothing to add. The dude is a shell of his former self currently on life support being carried on by his pathetic fanbase who keeps watching him.
>>
>>72123455
Doug is hilarious. If you don't like him, don't watch him. I've always thought Nostalgia Critic is hilarious.
>>
>>72124961
Hi, Doug.
>>
>>72124957
>a shell of his former self

I don't think he had a former self to be hollowed out in the first place desu
>>
File: Snob.jpg (48 KB, 884x838) Image search: [Google]
Snob.jpg
48 KB, 884x838
Literally /tv/
>>
>>72124983
Not Doug, just a TGWG fan. Like I said, if you don't like it, this thread isn't for you. Stop talking about him if you don't like him.
>>
>>72125006
Tried watching his Daredevil review.

His housenigger was doing some skit where he was playing "moody superhero man" or something that got unbearable.

NC is so shit he can't even make fun of Daredevil in a non cringy way
>>
>>72124961
>Don't like don't watch
Fuck off with that pathetic argument
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 233x217) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 233x217
>>72125071
I'm happy the cute chick got the fuck out while she still could
>>
>>72125114
>I have to watch things I don't like

No you don't. You're pathetic.
>>
>>72125023
He hasn't been the same since he got nuclear cucked
>>
>>72125114
it's not an argument. it's common sense for everyone except belligerant nerds.
>>
>>72125027
The OP literally starts off the thread by saying "I see why he's a meme"

Maybe you're new here, but the OP tends to suggest the overall tone of the thread. OP is at best critical and at worst dismissive of Doug.

In short, this EXACTLY the thread to talk about disliking him, you are the one who should leave if that doesn't suit you.
>>
Someone got the tgwtg screencaps?
>>
>>72125129
Was that the one where Doug deleted her final episode or something?
>>
>>72125183
>watching stuff you don't like

Maybe I don't understand it because I'm not pathetic enough to partake in that kind of stuff. I watch things I like, like a normal person.
>>
>>72125235
yes he's a dumb ass
>>
>>72125284
You really are new here then. We watch stuff and form an opinion. Maybe we even USED to enjoy Doug, but changed our minds.
>>
>>72125284
So nobody's allowed to critize something because they don't like it? God damn the mental gymnastics here are incredible
>>
>>72125284
Doug's entire career is watching shit he doesn't like and commenting on it.
>>
>>72125284
How am I supposed to know I don't like it if I don't watch it first
>>
>>72125284
Your post is right on the money. But what is even better is the trifecta of rationalization what came from this:

>>72125330
>y-you're a newfag, us cool kids watch shitty stuff AND know all about it!
>>72125338
>wh-what?! don't mess with my free speech!
>>72125371
>h-his career is watching shit and behaving like a child in front of a camera, so I guess I should do it too but in written form?

The anon wasn't saying you guys were breaking the law for watching Doug. The anon was saying you guys are wasting your fucking time regurgitating the same "Douge hate thread" over and over again when we know what the deal is: yes, Doug Walker is a fucking idiot.

Why do you keep watching? Why do you keep talking about him? There is no point to it. It's not even constructive, Doug doesn't give a shit. So why?
>>
File: HMMMM.png (2 MB, 1898x6092) Image search: [Google]
HMMMM.png
2 MB, 1898x6092
>>72125227
this one?
>>
>>72125482
>Replying to your own post
>>
>>72125524
You're the free speech guy, right?
>>
>>72125566
No one mentioned free speech.
That's a shitty strawman, Doug.
>>
>>72125566
I got you good, huh?
>>
>>72125497
Werent there more?
>>
>>72125671
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yq9cnmhzrzpffvl/Channel_awesome_revelations.zip
Here you go. The whole thread is in it.
>>
>>72123455
>Not using clips
He can't actually, he was several times on the verge of getting his channel shut for good several times becasue hollywood doesn't like when people use clips from it's movies, that's why he uses sketches now, even so he still has problems from time to time
>>
>>72125497
Holy shit that sounds horrible.
>>
How do you go from making adequate content to utter trite like this guy did? His early videos weren't anything amazing, but in comparison to later ones the difference is night and day
>>
>>72125807
Fair use should protect them. What, they don't have lawyers?
>>
>>72124957
>currently on life support

Except he's still raking 100,000 views on the regular, 10,000 views on reuploads, and 1,000,000 views whenever he reviews something current.
>>
>>72125870
pissant youtube channels can't fight hundred thousand dollar lawsuits everytime they want to use a movie clip, so the studios just contentID anything they use. doug tried to start a thing about it a few months ago to get youtube to set some standards for false copyright claims but it petered out into nothing.
>>
>>72125986
They wouldn't need to fight shit.
It's covered by fair use.

Doug chooses to do cringe skits.
>>
>>72126044
Dude, no, is not that easy, srly, lots of channels have problems with this. Youtube automatically gives you a strike (and you stop earning money) if anyone complains, and you have to fight back which takes months, and even if you win, you don't get your money back. Also if you get a 2nd strike say bye bye to your channel, and you can get a 2nd strike easily while still fighting against the first one.

Srly, it's fucking shit the way youtube works now.
>>
>>72123455
> clips : probably illegal, definitely lazy
> sketches : boring and painful as fuck

Really he should just do a five minute synopsis with the occasional quick cutaway gag when he 'comically' looses it.

Yeah it's gonna be pretty fucking sure but what more is there to add? I want to see him rip on bad movies not watch them.
>>
>>72126044
>They wouldn't need to fight shit.

yes they do, youtube immediately takes down videos upon the request of copyright holders
>>
>>72126171
>Really he should just do a five minute synopsis with the occasional quick cutaway gag when he 'comically' looses it.
I liked his first videos that weren't longer than 7 minutes in where literally this happened
>>
>>72126044

Fair Use doesn't apply. When you're posting shit on youtube, they have the power to get rid of your shit because it's their site. If they have a deal with copyright holders to help get rid of more shit, they'll happily oblige. It isn't against the law. They could take down literally all the videos on their site if they wanted to.
>>
>>72126171
>> clips : probably illegal, definitely lazy
Not so much. Watching a clip from a movie in order to understand the critic's, well, criticism, is in no way illegal and is covered by fair use. Watching a 10 second clip doesn't replace the original material, and it doesn't duplicate it. You don't get the experience of watching the movie, in its entirety or in its original context, by watching a 10 second clip in the middle of a review. It's never this black and white, but you get the idea.

Now try explaining that to Douge's audience, or the automated system on Youtube.
>>
>>72126296
What. Went. Wrong?
>>
>>72126166
>>72125986
>>72125870
I don't even watch Douge, never have really, but it's true that jewtube is shit. IP holders ruined everything in the past 5 years. jewtube was getting sued and they got tired of being sued so they developed contentID and shifted the target from themselves to the content creators. There's nothing good that comes from this. It just stifles creativity. Youtube went from small-time, creative, interesting, fun, expressive content creators to being corporatized.
>>
>>72126490
He got famous and jewtube
>>
>>72126545
At least there's still Dailymotion
>>
File: 1462366118779.jpg (62 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
1462366118779.jpg
62 KB, 719x719
Douge was literally never good. He was just in the right place at the right time to ride other people's coat tails to the top and capitalize on literal internet autism.

Speaking of which, does anyone have the screen shot compilation of that one time he made an autism joke and got huge backlash from his literally autistic fanbase? I seem to have lost it.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.