[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I decided to watch historically significant films in chronological
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: voyage-dans-la-lune.jpg (298 KB, 1800x1357) Image search: [Google]
voyage-dans-la-lune.jpg
298 KB, 1800x1357
I decided to watch historically significant films in chronological order. I already saw:
Roundhay Garden Scene (1888)
Traffic Crossing Leeds Bridge (1888)
Workers Leaving the Lumière Factory in Lyon (1895)
L'arrivée d'un train en gare de La Ciotat (1895)
The Kiss (1896)
A Trip to the Moon (1902)

Can I have recommendations of what else should I watch? I think I'm more or less done with early short Lumiere films, and want to dive into 00s-10s of 20th century.
>>
>>72120986
2001 a space oddity
Star wars
7 samurai
children of men

the list goes on
>>
>>72121046
The funniest part about this post is, for the next three days while you're bored with nothing to do, you may find yourself ending up there.
>>
The Great Train Robbery and D.W. Griffiths pre-Birth of a Nation work, especially 'A Corner in Wheat' and 'The Musketeers of Pig Alley'
>>
>>72121480
Ty. Great Train Robbery is already on my list.
>>
>>72120986
you need some German Expressionist kino m8

Inspired almost all the movies that came after, spawning famous genres such as Noir and Sci-fi

A few definitive ones:
Metropolis (1927)
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)
Nosferatu (1922)
The Golem (1920)

My personal favorite is The Last Laugh (1924) about a doorman losing his purpose in life
It's mostly visual (only one card used throughout) with a great score to go along with it

A few other silent-era classics:
Birth of a Nation (1925)
The Great Train Robbery (1903)
Battleship Potemkin (1925)
Man with a Movie Camera (1929)

Also be sure to check out a few of Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin's movies
>>
>>72120986
Voyage dans la lune is so shit, even for its time.
Manages to male 12 minutes feel like two hours.
>>
>>72121586
Don't be too hard m8, it's from back before they realized they could move the camera around and cut to different shots within a scene

back then movies were pretty much just recordings of stage performances
>>
>>72120986
haven't we already had this thread
the fuck

is this a new meme
>>
>>72121579
Ty. I have already seen many. I've seen Battleship, Man with a Movie Camera, Birth of a Nation, several Chaplin and Keaton films.
Train Robbery and Metropolis already on my list, adding those you suggested.
>>
>>72121711
>is this a new meme
This is a real film discussion on /tv/, can't you believe that? Or do you call anything but shitposting a meme? Go back to your Ghostbusters threads.
>>
Le monstre (1903)
The '?' Motorist (1906)
Frankenstein (1910)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.