[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled can we all admit shit flick was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 381x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 381x350
Now that the dust has settled can we all admit shit flick was NOT worth the grief and were pretending to fucking idolize it?
>>
No we can't
>>
>>72120645
go back to bed, Paul.
>>
>>72120719
I wish I didn't share my name with that guy.
>>
>>72120645
It was a nice nostalgic movie but this new fad has completly and utterly killed it for me and now I hope it gets forgotten and never shown again.
>>
>>72120645
In two months we'll go back to not caring about the originals. Thank the reboot for reminding us it existed in the first place.
>>
>>72120645
I've watched the movie at ages 5, 7, 12, 15, and 25. I loved it every time.

There's no movie that I can think of that I've watched at such a wide range of ages and enjoyed.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 460x460
>>72122255
I cringed so hard I got a fucking back spasm.
>>
>>72122255
Jurassic Park maybe? Indiana Jones?
>>
>>72120645
Go away feig
>>
>>72120645
Yes. Faggots only like it cuz "MUH CHILDHOOD"
>>
>>72122278
Jurassic park I didn't like as a kid cause it was scary. Never watched Indiana Jones until I was a teenager.
>>
It was, seriously boys, *just okay.*
>>
File: 1451120640082.jpg (14 KB, 640x368) Image search: [Google]
1451120640082.jpg
14 KB, 640x368
>tfw best friend wants to see it because "there's my favorite comedian in it, she's hilarious!" and "The old ones are shit nowadays!"

He also loves The Big Bang Theory, 2 Broke Girls and American Horror Story. He dropped The Sopranos because "there are too many characters and nothing happens". He's either an xxl turbo pleb or his baiting skills have transcended our dimension.
>>
Anyone who used the words "raped my childhood" at all during this entire ordeal is a fucking loser.
>>
>>72122274
>le cringe meme

Go back to R3ddit.
>>
>>72120645

desu i didnt think ghostbusters was amazing, just wouldnt turn it off if that's what was on tv.

i didnt go and see the reboot because the actors are all literally who and i only spend actual dollars on things i am confident are going to be a good use of an evening, so basically capeshit, disney shit and whatever michael bay puts out that year.

probably still pirate it or watch it if it appears on netflix, just really whole heartedly did not give a flying fuck this thing even existed
>>
>>72120645

First they tried to capitalize off of nostalgia by making a third movie. That fell through when all the original actors basically said it was a shit idea. Then they decided to try and capitalize off the feminist trend.

I think a good portion of women out there realize they were just being used. And the nostalgiafags lost all hope when the originals lost all interest.

The only ones who actually gave a shit were hipsters.
>>
>>72122313
>could watch GB as a child but not JP because "it was scary"
>mfw I did the reverse of you, and would kick it with it with JP, but was dead terrified of being shown GB
>>
>>72122394
Ghosts are imaginary, but dinosaurs are real.
>>
>>72120645
If it was so bad, why rebooting it?
>>
>>72122238

It's like a celebrity dying. How many people were suddenly lifelong Motorhead, David Bowie or Prince fans for a week and then went back to literally never listening to their music or even being able to name a song? Ghostbusters went through the same thing. People who were too young to even remember seeing ghostbusters claiming my god what a classic how could you mess with it etc etc. I think really the new one just looked stupid, it struck me as Adam Sandlers' Pixels movie with an all female cast. I didn't want to see Adam Sandlers neon CGI fuckfest because it was an eyesore and the dialogue was retarded and I dont want to see the ghostbusters reboot for the same reason.

>>72122255
Bunch of friends and I watch the matrix every few years and for some reason still love it. We like it now for different reasons than we did as kids but its still great. Trinity becomes less and less attractive as I age though.
>>
>>72120645
>w-we'll the originals weren't that great anyway that's why our girl powerrrr movie isn't making money
Nice try feminists you can still eat shit and die.
>>
>>72120645

My friend's car has been named the ecto-1 for years.

Fucking false narrative.

We wanted a sequel, not a remake, that respects the previous movies and actors and by extension the fans.

Just having them fucking pass the torch to the girls would have been fine.

But no. Remake where the previous ones never happened, cameos for the previous stars where they get to represent the snowman put up by marketing and the entire campaign based in how this will be superior to the original in every way.

In their deluded one-up-manship they claim these women have made better proton packs that are more compact. The purpose of the originals was to be a hindrance as well as a tool. While they could hold ghosts, you had to log that thing around, and they weren't fit guys. When it came to a point where they were in danger, it heightened their sense of bravery, since they were trying to do all this while weighed down considerably. The new movie killed what little subtlety the old one had, be sure there really wasn't much of it.

It's not that they were female, it's that the whole marketing campaign shit in the old one and then attacked me as a person for not wanting the new one made. That is a movie to hate.
>>
File: 1467780543367.png (381 KB, 466x572) Image search: [Google]
1467780543367.png
381 KB, 466x572
Some people really love Ghostbusters, man.

I saw it like twice, and it's fine, but you're right, it totally isn't worth the grief.

However, I'm not aggrieved, and this whole shit storm has been hilarious.

>Lost to SLOP
>46 Million Domestic
>19 Million Foreign

Laugh Riot
>>
did somebody actually say that this ruined their childhood or is it just a strawman the bloggers are using?
>>
File: 1467287786427.png (145 KB, 381x423) Image search: [Google]
1467287786427.png
145 KB, 381x423
>>72123402
Tons, I'm sure.

"[Thing] RUNIED MY CHILDHOOD" is a standard stock phrase that's popular among facebook/reddit/tumblr normalfags, and the people saying it regards to GB2k16 have probably said it about every other crappy 80s reboot.

The difference is, the studios that made those couldn't call them misogynists and have a bunch of mindless retards toe the line and call them baby-men without even a cursory thought
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.