[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BBRRWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHRPPP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
BBRRWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHRPPP
>>
>>72120179
Wat did he mean by this?
>>
>>72120179
That's not OOOOLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW
>>
>>72120360
Greatest album of all time desu
>>
>>72120179
Why did they decide to go with a fucking loud as fuck fart noise and not something cool as shit?
>>
>>72120179
*inhales*
>>
>>72120179

Huge fan of the book and the 1953 movie, was so looking forward to the 2005 film.

I don't think the intention was to end up having me rooting for the *martians* but that's what happened, every single main character in the movie was so thoroughly unlikable I couldn't get into the mindset of cheering for the humans. I want these annoying people to die and the camera shift to some likable protagonists.

I did like shifting the viewpoint from scientists and military leaders who always knew what was happening to a Joe Sixpack viewpoint of the invasion, its just more interesting to be left in a "what the flippin flip is going on??" situation. But Joe in this case was a miserable Tom Cruise character with a miserable supporting cast of whiny annoying kids.
>>
>>72120360
When suddenly... The lid fell off

>[Funky ass guitar intensifies]
>>
>>72123550
Even worse was they were white. Why not introduce some people of color for once?
>>
>>72123550
The shit with the son is what was bugging me the most

>FUCK YOU DAD I'M GONNA HELP THE ARMY I GUESS

>that doesn't even make sense you can't just enlist in a warzone kid

>AHHHH FUCK YOU DAD

and then he survives, like some other guy kept altering the script
>>
>>72123632
That was such a weird conversation.

>YOU HAVE TO STOP HOLDING ME BACK, DAD
>BUT SON
>NO, YOU NEED TO LET ME CHOOSE MY OWN PATH
>OK I HAVE TO GO SAVE YOUR SISTER SOMEONE'S STEALING HER GOOD LUCK

Weirdly melodramatic.
>>
Tim Robbins says he'd manhandle both tom cruise or sean penn in a street fight. I think hes full of crap.
>>
>came on to start a discussion about the tripod design
>there's already a convenient thread up

Anyways, why does such a good adaption of the war machine have to be in such a bad screenplay?Why not just re-imagine 1953 for a modern audience. the reason the 53 version worked is because both protagonists were experiencing differently
>guy is professor who has a better grip on the whats going on, has science pals who explain alien tech
>girl protagonist who is stunned and frightened from all conflict, keeps the movie weighted down.

in the 2005 movie all the characters have no fucking clue what there doing most of the time. it's literally

>run to point A then B, pick up/ lose party member, continue fleeing.
>>
>>72123826

Tim Robbins is actually pretty fucking huge I wouldn't fuck with him, that said my money is on Cruise, Penn I don't give a fuck about.
>>
Tim robbins is tall, i'd bet sean penn would kick both their asses.
>>
>>72121151
>lol, let's prank and replace the noise with one of my juicy farts
>manager hears it
>ooh yeah, I love what you did with the sound here guys, top notch
>>
>>72124035

unless it's Madonna tied to a chair he can't fight worth a damn.

>>72123826

Link to when he said that?
>>
>>
>>72120360
WITH JUST A HANDFUL OF MEN......

WE'LL START ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!

Musical adaptation when?
>>
He said that in an interview after he worked with penn in mystic river and cruise in war of the worlds, sorry no link.
>>
>>72123632
God, the only thing I hated about this movie were the retarded kids.
>>
>>72124197

http://www.chud.com/3509/interview-tim-robbins-war-of-the-worlds/

>Q: In the film you have to wrestle Tom Cruise. You’re a tall guy, he’s a smaller guy. Can you get into the physicality of those scenes? He has to appear almost as vicious as you.

>Robbins: I don’t care what size you are, when your kid is in the room you become twice the size. As an actor I allow for that to happen. Also it’s got to be a strong enough struggle that he’s threatened by me. But you know, Tom when we were doing this – I never got the feeling it was an issue. Which is a testament to him. If you look at his films over the years, he surrounds himself with really talented people. He works with really talented actors. There are some that get into that position that don’t do that and are afraid of that. He’s a really great actor and he goes toe to toe with you. He matches your state, your emotion, he feeds off it, he’s there off camera for you, completely generous in his spirit. He’s tremendously energetic and motivating on a set.

That's a pretty good answer, fight in the dog and all that.
>>
File: 1466467513432.png (753 KB, 806x763) Image search: [Google]
1466467513432.png
753 KB, 806x763
>>72120179

>During the filming of the underwater scenes (where the ferry capsizes), director Steven Spielberg played a prank on Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning by playing the dramatic music from Jaws (1975) (also one of Spielberg's films) through the massive underwater speakers on the sound stage.

Tricky jew
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.