[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1. Inception 2. The Prestige 3. The Dark Knight 4. Batman Begins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 1468380146826.png (130 KB, 522x522) Image search: [Google]
1468380146826.png
130 KB, 522x522
1. Inception
2. The Prestige
3. The Dark Knight
4. Batman Begins
5. Memento
6. Following

POWER GAP

9001. Intersteller
9002. The Dark Knight Rises

POWER GAP

900001. Insomnia
>>
File: chris gaylan.jpg (63 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
chris gaylan.jpg
63 KB, 1280x721
Confuses complexity for depth: The Filmmaker

Someone get this man a copy of Moby Dick so he can learn what depth is. The story of Moby Dick can take place anywhere and it can be told and retold in 1000 different ways. It speaks to the human condition in a way that transcends cultures & time. It is also a very simple story (A man hunts a whale) imbued with the weight of DEPTH which makes it so remarkable and enduring.

Nolan is the OPPOSITE of Melville. He tries to substitute his lack of insight and profundity with convolution and narrative tricks. He tries to disguise his shallowness with EPIC SCALE. There isn't a single Nolan picture with a character that has an appreciable amount of depth. Not one that speaks to its audience on a human level.

Christopher Nolan might be the biggest hack in all of Hollywood.
>>
File: 1468380146829.jpg (304 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1468380146829.jpg
304 KB, 1024x683
>>72117437
God fucking dammit wrong image
>>
File: 1462943930184.jpg (10 KB, 221x225) Image search: [Google]
1462943930184.jpg
10 KB, 221x225
>>72117468
>>72117472
>>72117437
what the fuck is going on here
>>
inception threads on /tv/ were pretty fun
>>
let me fix that for you

the prestige >>>>>>>>>> inception = the dark knight = batman begins = memento > following >>> interstellar > insomnia >>>>>>> the dark knight rises
>>
I like how most of people seem to agree that the prestige is the tits
>>
>>72117437
I love you too Mikan
>>
in The Prestige was it ever hinted that the Borden bro that was executed was the one that killed Angiers wife? i couldn't follow
>>
>>72117468
damn I actually agree with this meme-free post
>>
>>72117468
What DEPTH is there in Moby Dick? That book was haphazardly patched together to a primitive story, and mind it has EPIC scale as well. Sure it does speak to the human condition, but so does any epic. Does that mean that every filmmaker has to rehash the same old primitive plots that were known ever since ancient greece?

I don't think you actually understand the nature of film as an artistic medium. Why would you even compare a movie to a book?

Am I in fact talking to a pasta?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.