[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts on this? Just finished.. wasn't close to season
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: true detective s2.jpg (247 KB, 692x1024) Image search: [Google]
true detective s2.jpg
247 KB, 692x1024
thoughts on this? Just finished.. wasn't close to season 1 at all. Ending was ok, at least.
>>
Pleb filter. Season 2 was better than the first one
>>
>>72112090
Get a load of this faggot
>>
>>72111433
too many directors
too many main characters
>>
Season 2 was enjoyable.
>>
>>72112901
This.
Shouldve just been Colin and Vince, and Fukanaga shouldve came back.
>>
shitty central mystery
shitty dialogue
shitty acting (even bit parts in s1 were great and left an impression)
shitty, disjointed directing
shitty, boring setting
>>
>>72111433
Love it, and as much as I like Taylor Kitsch as an actor his character after episode 4 doesn't contribute very much of anything and thus should not have been in the show at all.
>>
>>72112090
this
>>
>>72113255
meant for>>72113170
>>
>>72113280
you're not me
>>
>pros
Ray, Frank, Lera Lynn, le highway guy, Rachel's ass.

>cons
Everything else
>>
>>72113500
>>72113500
the lera lynn cameos were my favourite part of the show desu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbKJt1NQtZE
>>
>>72113557
damn that season was underwhelming but that scene is pure kino
>>
>>72112901
I can get behind this.
I stopped watching 2 or so episodes in because there was just too many characters and not enough screentime. They have these helicpoter scenes over the highway/cities/whatever instead of getting you involved with the characters.

watching it all in bulk made it a lot easier, but it was still a bit confusing

>>72113557
i got such a huge twin peaks / julee cruise vibe from those scenes
>>
>"Hey, people love Rust"
>"So let's make every character Rust"
>>
it was bad but it wasn't shitty
>>
>>72114031
People who hold this don't understand Rust, his growth, or TD S2.
>>
Rachel and Colin were good. Taylor Kitsch was OK I guess. You know what, the acting overall wasn't that bad, it just was clearly a step down from season 1. And it was clear he was trying to artificially recreate the atmosphere of Season 1 instead of trying to create a similar one organically, if that makes any sense. LA was a bad location choice for the script he had lined out
>>
The ending pissed me off, it actually would have been less cliche if Colin Farrells character had lived.
>>
ending was good. Vince Vaughn and his wife's relationship was a fresh dynamic in these grittier shows.

Was the story being disjointed, and spread thin done on purpose to parallel Los Angeles sprawling metropolis? Or is that giving Pizzapie too much credit?

Could probably be cut down into a very solid 1:30-2:00 movie.
>>
>>72114031
I don't see what you're getting at
>>
>>72114081
>>72114637
He's probably talking about the fact that none of the main characters had a normal life.

Rust had Marty as a contrast while in S2, everyone was miserable
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.