[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TFA hate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 26
File: tfa.jpg (1 MB, 2160x1417) Image search: [Google]
tfa.jpg
1 MB, 2160x1417
Why does /tv/ hate this movie so much?

Everyone I know thought it was good. I thought it was alright, better than the prequels atleast.

Is it just hip to hate on big budget movies?
>>
File: 1454720250603.jpg (594 KB, 3000x2061) Image search: [Google]
1454720250603.jpg
594 KB, 3000x2061
Your time is ending, Reyfags.
>>
File: 1465141768081.jpg (107 KB, 459x539) Image search: [Google]
1465141768081.jpg
107 KB, 459x539
>>72110465
I know. That's why I'm preparing my folder for Felicity/Jynn.
>>
>>72110379
Because manchild nostalgia. TFA had its flaws and was far too derivative, but anyone who calls it horrible is exaggerating a hell of a lot. It had the best actors of the whole series and most of the new characters were at least interesting.
>>
>>72110530
make her bald and all green and she's Jim Carey in the mask
>>
>Is essentially a remake of Episode 4
>Brings nothing new to the world of Star Wars, even the ships are lifted straight from the OT
>Ma-Rey Sue (215 replies and 130 images omitted, click reply to view)
>Ends on a cliffhanger and leaves a lot of questions unanswered, whereas every Star Wars film beforehand knew how to wrap things up while still making each film feel like their own separate episode
>Jew Jew Abrams special effects and writing
>Overall the whole film feels like wasted potential and seems to have been made primarily to pander to nostalgia, fake nerds, and SJWs
>>
>>72110379
fuck this movie Rebels just became kino

GRAND ADMIRAL THRAWN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ
>>
You always know a movie is pretty good when it's impossible for /tv/ to critique without resorting to brain dead meaningless memes (jews, Mary Sue, SJWs, prequel defense, etc. etc.) and TFA is probably the best example of this.
>>
File: pfffft.png (833 KB, 1009x749) Image search: [Google]
pfffft.png
833 KB, 1009x749
>>72110379
>>72111344
>>72111863
>There are actual paid Disney shills on this board right now, who will desperately defend their shitty cash-grab flick to the death

You'd better hope Rogue One is good, or Star Wars is finished.
>>
>>72110379
It was honestly extremely unoriginal, and didn't really feel like true star wars. James Cameron pretty much said they same thing. I prefer George's six movies and wish he had made the new ones. Maybe the next ones will be better though.
>>
I was a kid/teenager when I saw the prequels and OT so nostalgia will always make me biased

I'm not biased about this one though, and while not bad it was forgettable. I saw it twice and probably won't see it a third time. It felt like I was watching a Marvel movie, somewhat entertaining but nothing more
>>
>>72110379
At first I thought it was pretty good, but the rape scene really just comes out of nowhere and ruins the tone for the rest of the film.
>>
>>72112116
This. At least it was the closest Rey ever came to having some kind of character development, until she cut Kylo's dick off with the hilt of his lightsaber and started fucking his ass with it using the force.
>>
>>72112016

>>George's six movies

George was an excellent idea man but a crappy writer and a sub par director at best. If it wasn't for his ex wife's amazing editing skills, and real writers stepping in to fix George's childish dialogue, Star Wars wouldn't of gotten past the first movie.
>>
File: 8990.jpg (74 KB, 613x425) Image search: [Google]
8990.jpg
74 KB, 613x425
>>72112222

>he fell for the Mrs. Lucas' Magical Editing meme
>>
>>72110379

It was honestly boring. Only good thing about it was the black dude. Having the old cast felt forced and honestly besides luke they had no reason to be in the movie.

It just felt like 'oh we need to do this. Lets make a call back to this and make sure we touch on this. People will love this scene too because it happened in a previous film!' Shit was just going by the numbers and it was boring.
>>
>>72110379
because it's not a movie it's montage of homage's to the original SW posing as a movie
>>
I grew up watching Star Wars, and I absolutely loved TFA

So much better than those dreadful, soulless prequels
>>
File: authentic jj mystery box.png (200 KB, 466x429) Image search: [Google]
authentic jj mystery box.png
200 KB, 466x429
>>72110379
They let JJ put his hands on it
>>
it really wasn't good. i wouldn't call it a bad film, but it was a mediocre summer blockbuster. definitely not worthy of the star wars name. felt like some marvel shit with a star wars skin slapped onto it.
>>
File: 1468422991288.png (366 KB, 519x573) Image search: [Google]
1468422991288.png
366 KB, 519x573
>>72110379
>Why does /tv/ hate this movie so much?
>Everyone I know thought it was good
Literally answered your own question. I wouldn't say it's bad but it is painfully mediocre. The official SW ranking is as follows:

5 > 4 > 3 > 6 > 7 > 1 > 2
>>
>>72112551

Any prequel that is placed as being superior to any of the original three is foolish.

5-4-6-7-3-2-1
>>
>>72112621
>7 above 3
Its 5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 7 > 1 > 2
>>
File: smug sheev.jpg (23 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
smug sheev.jpg
23 KB, 600x600
/tv/ is, by nature, contrarian. We also live in an era where many people who post here saw their first star wars movie in 1999 and it was the Phantom Menace, so that permanently warped their opinion of what a Star Wars movie should be like, so they bitch and moan TFA doesn't follow the prequel mold and instead is a thematic and spiritual descendant of the OT

>hurr durr why no exposition? I need to be told what characters are thinking in detail because I'm too stupid to understand characters unless they wear emotions on their sleeves
>hurr durr why aren't there politics? I need my fictional universe explained to me in detail so I can fill out an autistic wookiepedia article
>hurr durr why isn't Kylo Ren a generic badass edgelord like every prequel villain?
>dude why the FUCK did Rey win? Kylo Ren had 20 years of jedi training school and over 9000 midichlorians he should have won because the prequels told me the Force is DBZ power levels!!!!

TFA is, at the very least, a competently made and acted film, compared to the prequels which are fundamentally broken on every level and amateurish in craft. The absolute worst you can say about TFA is that it borrows elements from the original films (which the prequel trilogy is JUST AS, if not MORE so, guilty of doing), but I'm willing to forgive it because TFA is a story about how the new generation is influenced by the legend of those who came before, as well as a meta commentary on the nature of Star Wars itself.
>>
>>72112820
>The star wars that came out when i was a kid is the one true star wars
>>
File: Palp_trustme.jpg (280 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Palp_trustme.jpg
280 KB, 1600x1200
>>72112621
3 being better than 6 has been the official /tv/ approved opinion for years now. Reddit might be more to your speed, friend.
>>
>>72110379
It was better than all of the prequels and it was a good starting point for upcoming movies.
It wasn't the greatest fucking movie ever made like people here think people think it was.
>>
File: 1451958119655.png (408 KB, 720x294) Image search: [Google]
1451958119655.png
408 KB, 720x294
>>72112905
The prequels are directly antithesis to what the original trilogy represents. As the original trilogy came first, and they aren't complete failures of storytelling and filmmaking like the prequels, most people consider it the true Star Wars, yes.

keep pretending the prequels weren't universally reviled by everyone who was older than five when the phantom menace came out.
>>
>>72110379

It doesn't even feel like a Star Wars movie, feels more like someone is cashing in on the psuedo-fake nerd/geek trend since they know it rakes in mad sheckles, the entire movie feels like one giant Family Guy joke or something where it runs off on a tangent describing things that happened in the Original Trilogy or someone who has a passing knowledge of Star Wars and tried to staple things together and it turned out badly.
>>
>>72110379
Its not good.
>>
It's the ghost busters 2 of starwars.
>>
>>72110379
I can't wait to watch this the night before Episode 8 comes out. Going to feel real good seeing them back to back.
>>
>>72110379
It was a lot like ghost busters 2016. Well not as bad perhaps, but it felt like one of those fan fiction things that some one spent extra money on because they had a few more dollars than everyone else. mary sue Rey was bad,like really bad. But she's adorable if you look at the rest of this mess of a movie. The rebel resistance shitfest, the Luke walking away, the Han being in space conveniently so that Rey could find him, that Leia hugging some dumb bitch she just met after Han died. That fucking star killer death star, I can shoot any planet wherever however and wipe out entire solars systems. What a sodding mess, this.
>>
File: StarWarsEpisode7.png (796 KB, 1316x1470) Image search: [Google]
StarWarsEpisode7.png
796 KB, 1316x1470
Problems I had with it:
>Movie felt way too short
>So many plotholes such as how the Empire were able to build a massive Death Star carved into a planet in only 30 years when all the Empire were defeated
>Movie should have begun when Kylo was dropped off at Luke's Jedi Academy: as we get to know him more and why he joined the dark side
But of course due to JJ wanting to make an absolute copy of A New Hope: we had to begin the movie with Kylo in the mask and Stormtroopers massacring an area just like A New Hope begins
>JJ should have gone with the original script idea where Luke is met earlier in the film and Rey and Luke go on adventures together as they track down ancient artifacts - this then would have let Luke come face to face with Han and eventually Leia and all 3 of the original team would have been reunited
>Rey is a Mary Sue: absolutely makes no sense with how she knows everything about the force; is able to do Jedi mind tricks without anyone teaching her... if JJ filmed a scene with her reading a book about the Jedi myths or about Han explaining to her about the force then it would have all made sense - only way for it to now make sense is if Rey is a reincarnation of Anakin which explains why all powers come easy to her
>Luke would never abandon all his friends and become a hermit (again JJ is doing this just so Episode 8 is exactly like ESB with Rey going to be trained with a Yoda like wise Jedi).
>Why the fuck does Rey need to be trained? She is a Mary Sue who knows everything? She almost beat a Sith Lord (who cares if he was injured).
>The lack of Prequel content (such as no prequel planet ever mentioned) disturbed me greatly
>Disney better not make Rey become the princess of the Galaxy or some shit as she defeats Kylo - that would be too predictable. I am hoping Rey becomes the Sith lord while Kylo is redeemed.
>>
>>72113042
I was a teenager when TPM came out

I thought it was okay, but figured the next installments would be better, since TPM did a lot of world-building

Oh how naive I was
>>
The movie is legitimately great when Kylo Ren is on-screen. Everything with Rey, Ford and Dindu was trash though. The worldbuilding also sucked.

Ren was a great character though. He brought all the lore to life.
>>
>>72113210
I'm glad retards like you don't write movies, you need everything spoonfed to you and that's why we got the boring exposition drones that were the prequels
>>
Only good thing to come out of TFA was Finn and Poe
My biggest gripes with the film were Rey, and the fact that despite only having one real lightsaber duel they stuck with what made lightsaber duels stupid in the prequels and as a result the sequences still feel weightless and flat. Too much style and not enough substance, something that was telegraphed perfectly in the OT. Still liked the X-wing sequences though. Poe da best.
>>
>>72113252
Still better than
>The droid you seek is aboard the Millennium Falcon in the hands of your father, Han... Solo.
>>
>>72113042

You're a fucking retard. I'm not ironically shitposting, I'm seriously informing you you're a retard.

Anybody who isn't a knuckle dragging halfwit chimp can see that Jew Jew Abrams, and subsequently Disney, literally just reskinned A New Hope. The story has the exact same fucking premise, settings, themes and motifs with shoehorned nigger and women protagonists to pander to the progressives of the 21st century whilst changing the primary antagonist to a master edgelord which reverberates strongly in the millennial adderall popping, tantrum throwing generation. If you genuinely can't see that it's an exact reskin of Lucas' 1977 masterpiece, you are a retard. And if you like watching the exact same story, retold in a dumbed down way, you are a retard.

Also Lucas was an unsung visionary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWvoFE7W288
>>
So wasn't Kylo trained since he was a child by luke? cause that's how jedis are trained correct?
So hes just as old or older than Rey and has been training since childhood right?

Like how the fuck did he job so hard?
>>
>>72113252
One can't be spoonfed shit, unless that one is you, of course. It was shit, the entire thing. If they'd stuck to the previous version and had Luke hand Ren his cumuppance then fans would have seen Rey as a novice set to inherit the title of Jedi Knight and hero of the galaxy. But because Disney and Jar Jar can't into hero's journey, we get this mess of a film.
>>
>>72113335
>Anybody who isn't a knuckle dragging halfwit chimp can see that Jew Jew Abrams, and subsequently Disney, literally just reskinned A New Hope.

This isn't new, they already admitted to it in interviews.Why are we still acting like this is some conspiracy theory?
>>
>>72113042
>keep pretending the prequels weren't universally reviled by everyone who was older than five when the phantom menace came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjVFmaKtksg

They all look pretty satisfied to me.
>>
File: autism.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>>72113335
>hurr durr muh jews muh ess jay double yous boogeyman nigger kikes feminism mary sue!

>>72113288
Yeah, maybe Snoke realistically wouldn't have told Kylo his dad's name, but that's not even a bad line otherwise. You're going to have to do better if you're going to keep shilling for the prequels
>>
>>72113356
He jobbed so hard because J.J. and Disney needed a Tiara Princess who could into magic by film's end because Disney don't do trilogy character arcs. You know they have toys and theme rides to sell and if ghost busters is any indication, girls need anything female on screen who are bad asses even if they're not and especially if the movie vehicle they're in is shit.
>>
>>72110379
Because it's the apotheosis of low-effort "Let's not take risks, let's just buy out an existing franchise and shit out some remakes" corporate design-by-committee thinking that nerds obsessed with proving their nerd cred ate up because DUDE JJ ABRAMS LMAO.

And to top it all off they basically just ripped off A New Hope to do so.
>>
File: TFA-Before-the-Awakening.jpg (217 KB, 664x1024) Image search: [Google]
TFA-Before-the-Awakening.jpg
217 KB, 664x1024
>>72113252
>I'm glad retards like you don't write movies
So in other words: you hate Chapter 1 of any book and of a movie?

The Force Awakens is like Chapter 3 of a big epic. It's as if Peter Jackson had only made Return of the King and not Two Towers or Fellowship.

THAT is how TFA feels to me: a movie which is so far into the story without any background of the past 30 years

>"BUT A NEW HOPE STARTED LIKE THAT"
Yeah and Lucas went back and made the prequels to show what happened.

>"BUT I HATE THE PREQUELS"
Well it is your problem for not liking to read Chapter 1 of books and going straight into the final Act because that is what Force Awakens did.

You can read books that Disney made to better get to know the characters before TFA. Why? Because so much was left unanswered, Even by reading the novelization we find out that Snoke began getting into the mind of Kylo during his time at Luke's temple.

But does the movie explain this? NO it fucking doesn't! Instead it gives us so little facts to go on or scratch our head around.

This movie should have at least been 3 hours long with better detailed backstories of Kylo and especially Rey: better describing why she is a Mary Sue. I know Episode 8 will explain this but why does Disney make us wait 2 years for something that could have been explained in 1 movie?

The problem with Force Awakens is that it ends on a cliffhanger. All other 6 episodes are standalones where the story ends. Force Awakens rather keeps us open with so much left unexplained.

>that's why we got the boring exposition drones that were the prequels
The Phantom Menace's story is a masterpiece of young Anakin, the politics, the podracing, Qui Gon Jinn, younger Obi Won and Revenge of the Sith is a masterpiece with Sheev turning Anakin to the dark side and the order 66
>>
>>72110379
Watch it twice.

I saw it the first time, thought it was great. Everything you could want from a star wars movie for the most part.

Then I saw it a second time a week or so later, and wanted to leave the theater. It has 0 re-watch value and becomes so bad once you start analyzing it
>>
File: 1468394454827.png (322 KB, 2620x1072) Image search: [Google]
1468394454827.png
322 KB, 2620x1072
>likes a copy and paste "muh" prophecy movie
>likes the the originals
>hates the prequals

you're either 15 or 40 years old.
>>
>>72113505
It's just too fucking short for me... I have been saying this in other threads that it feels like a 90 minute action flick. No way does it feel over 2 hours.

I know JJ has his way of editing a movie to have such a fast pace but with Star Wars: this is just not good at all. A New Hope had a WAY better pace compared to this.
>>
File: first order.jpg (178 KB, 1146x737) Image search: [Google]
first order.jpg
178 KB, 1146x737
>>72113356
Kylo Ren is a scared, insecure kid pretending to be Vader to make himself feel more intimidating and powerful. He can do a few neat parlor tricks but he's unstable as fuck and unsure of himself which ultimately makes him weak.

from his very first scene Kylo Ren's will is constantly being eroded as other people talk down to him and he questions his devotion to his cause. He kills his father to go all-in with the dark side to try to prove that he's the bad guy he wants to be, but he fails at it

>von Sydow says he's a poser and can never deny the connection to his family, so Kylo spergs out and kills him
>Snoke questions his loyalty and says his father will be his greatest test, Kylo ren denies Han means anything to him but it's clear he's bullshitting
>He talks to the Vader helmet and says he's being "pulled to the light" and seeks guidance from the helmet so he won't be seduced by his conscience
>Rey calls him a pussy and says he'll never be as strong as Darth Vader, taking off the mask is a literal depiction of Kylo Ren opening up and becoming more vulnerable
>On the bridge, Kylo Ren says he's being "torn apart" and that he "wants to be free of this pain" (free of his connection to his family which is causing him pain) and he knows what he has to do (kill Han) but he doesn't know if he has the strength to do it
>He realizes almost immediately that killing his father was a bad choice and he's having a breakdown in the climax

internal conflict canonically makes you weaker in Star Wars. Vader was able to beat Luke handily in ESB yet after finally being fronted with the reality that he would have to kill his own son, he started doubting himself and refused to commit to the final battle with Luke, and he turned against Sheev. Kylo Ren is both bleeding out from the bowcaster shot AND he's losing his shit because he just killed his dad. That's why Rey won.

The prequels may have had you believing otherwise, but the Force is not DBZ powerlevels.
>>
>>72113478
>But does the movie explain this? NO it fucking doesn't! Instead it gives us so little facts to go on or scratch our head around.

Everything you need to learn can be inferred, you're just the retard who doesn't understand characterization or motives unless their emotions are worn on their sleeves.

>Yeah and Lucas went back and made the prequels to show what happened.

and almost everyone would agree that the prequels made the universe more retarded, where Darth Vader is the literal center of the universe and a hamfisted messiah figure because he sold the most toys.

>The problem with Force Awakens is that it ends on a cliffhanger. All other 6 episodes are standalones where the story ends.

The Force Awakens begins with one conflict: find Luke. He is found. The conflict presented in the beginning is resolved. Empire, if anything, ends on more of a cliffhanger (and people bitched about it ENDLESSLY in 1980).

I wish prequelbabbies would just realize they're retarded and shut up
>>
>>72110379
You know how /tv/ has always been full of faux iconoclastic manchildren? You know how /pol/ Alt-Rightism is the hot new thing for faux iconoclastic manchildren? You know how 4chan is full of bitchmade faggots now as the actual posting age has dropped and the previous generation didn't beat their children enough?

That's why.
>>
>>72113572
>The prequels may have had you believing otherwise, but the Force is not DBZ powerlevels.

I'm going to laugh so hard when Episode 8 comes out and they reveal that Rey is literally Anakin reincarnated.
>>
TFA IS good, but a lot of people are calling it as good as ESB which is ridiculous. It's a ANH ripoff and fan service whore

It's a 7/10
>>
In ten years from now, nobody will give a shit about this movie. It was alright, but at the same time it was an uninspired rehash that didn't feel like a star wars movie in tone, or execution.

I just remember being totally let down when Oscar Isaac does a quip and destroys all the tension in the scene. That shit doesn't belong in Star Wars, that's not how you write Star Wars dialogue. I wanted to see new things in Star Wars, with at the very least similar execution of the Original Trilogy, but it all just felt like a generic sci fi action movie, and that's all it really was.

Nobody here had a spark of creativity to make this movie. It's just a mindless cash grab because Disney needs to make back that money they spent on the license, just like everything Star Wars that's being churned out now.

In all honesty, I give the prequel trilogy a bit more credit then TFA. Sure, they were cashgrabs, but at the very least they TRIED to do something interesting, and they will be remembered as opposed to The Force Awakens, The First Order Strikes Back, and Return of the Good Guys

I was looking forward to Rogue One, up until they had to do reshoots for 40% of the movie. They were gonna try and do something darker until Disney said "NAH, MAKE IT LIKE ALL THE OTHERS."

Sad.

Also Rey is a mary sue and if you don't think so you have a brain the size of a quarter.
>>
>>72113572
So insecure was he that he used two of the most powerful force abilities ever seen on the big screen. No, Ren was a perfect villain, albeit written shittier than most. Rey's a blatant Mary Sue though. Saying Ren's insecurities aides Rey in some way is an insult to fans of the series. The path to the dark side is pain, suffering anger fear, all of the above leads to more power. Vader was a bleeding burnt corpuscle who suffered necroses. Yet the pain and agony made him powerful. In fact, he was more powerful than your average Jedi Master.
>>
>>72113686
Honestly, I'm terrified this might happen, because Rian Johnson is a prequel shill. JJ said it in the nicest way possible but he made it abundantly clear he has zero respect for those movies.

A literal chosen one is fucking antithesis of what star wars is supposed to be about, I'd hate to get a movie that captured the spirit and tone of the OT so well only to get slapped in the face with another space jesus in the next one.
>>
>>72113785
quit it with the fucking prequel and videogame logic. Darth Vader was a tired old man who just wanted to die at the end of it. Kylo Ren can do some neat parlor tricks but they are, along with the mask, just shows of force to hide how actually weak and scared he is.

The dark side was never meant to be appealing or reasonable
>>
>>72113671
>The Force Awakens begins with one conflict: find Luke. He is found. The conflict presented in the beginning is resolved.
How does Rey know so much about the force despite us never seeing her have any training whatsoever? How did Poe escape Jakku? How did Maz Kanata get Luke's lightsaber in the first place?

There's a bunch of plot holes that are unresolved but because Disney wants to focus on making money they're pretty much going to force everyone to watch Episode 8 if they want all their answers, which is fucking retarded when the whole idea of Star Wars was that each film was its own episode that wrapped up nicely but still left room open for a sequel. If you seriously support Disney's cliffhanger bullshit then you can't call yourself a Star Wars fan.
>>
>>72113867
>How does Rey know so much about the force despite us never seeing her have any training whatsoever?

Because she heard stories of the Jedi. Yes, she never thought they were real until meeting Han Solo and Maz, but she was aware of their existence if only through legend.

I'm sorry you're a prequelbabby who thinks the Force is about getting kidnapped from your parents at birth because you had enough religion in your blood cells to spend 20 years at a literal yoda school whacking around lightsabers with your toddler jedi buddies before you have to pass a literal jedi final exam, so you think it's absolutely incomprehensible that a character could be gifted with the Force unless they were another chosen one space jesus archtype like Anakin in the prequels.
>>
>>72113843
>The dark side was never meant to be appealing or reasonable
no it's supposed to be litterally just as good as the light side. The light siders just tried to mark it as better so people didn't turn.

The only powerful ones are the grey jedi, something that Kylo is more than likely to be.
>>
>>72113966
>Because she heard stories of the Jedi. Yes, she never thought they were real until meeting Han Solo and Maz, but she was aware of their existence if only through legend.
That's not an explanation for how she can suddenly read Kylo's mind and then perform a Jedi mind trick to escape.

>I'm sorry you're a prequelbabby who thinks the Force is about getting kidnapped from your parents at birth because you had enough religion in your blood cells to spend 20 years at a literal yoda school whacking around lightsabers with your toddler jedi buddies before you have to pass a literal jedi final exam, so you think it's absolutely incomprehensible that a character could be gifted with the Force unless they were another chosen one space jesus archtype like Anakin in the prequels.
Holy shit, why are you so mad? Lmao
>>
>>72110379
they are frustrated and in denial about star wars always being a shit eyecandy movie from an autistic toy maker.
>>
>>72113997
Again, fuck off with your videogame EU shit. You can't choke people to death and shoot lightning out of your fingertips, inherently evil powers meant to dominate and torture others, and claim "the truth is somewhere in the middle, man...it's just a point of view!"
>>
>>72113867
>How does Rey know so much about the force despite us never seeing her have any training whatsoever?

She has a flashback that shows she may have been a force user who had her mind wiped. That's why the movie was called the force awakens. It was buried inside her from her past.

>How did Poe escape Jakku?

Doesn't matter. Not essential to the movie.

> How did Maz Kanata get Luke's lightsaber in the first place?

Needless plot point. Doesn't need to be explained.

It's not the lack of exposition that makes the movie mediocre, it's the lack of worldbuilding and lore that make it mediocre. Only Kylo Ren brought the spirit of the OT. The rest was hastily paced, soulless Marvel garbage.
>>
>>72113572
This
Also Adam Driver's acting was shitty
The scene where he kills Solo was cringy af
The only decent actors in the movie was the nigger and Isaac but he didn't get enough screen time
>>
>>72113737
>They were gonna try and do something darker until Disney said "NAH, MAKE IT LIKE ALL THE OTHERS."
Ughh seriously? That's where the whole problem lies
When I saw TFA in theaters, I didn't even feel like I was watching a star wars movie. Felt more like a disney movie to me (And I didn't even know it was a disney movie til after I saw it)
>>
>>72113407
I came out tfa exactly the same.
t wasn't until the next day that i decided to actually stop and think about the movie that i realized it wasn't that good.
>>
>>72113737
People like you already decided you were going to hate TFA back when Disney bought the franchise. You're going to deny it, but that's what happened.

>>72114195
All we know is that Rogue One is doing reshoots, something that is incredibly common for blockbusters. The extent of the reshoots or the reasons they're being done are unclear. The only word from anyone involved is from Mads Mikkelsen, who said he only had to do about two days of reshoots. Anything else is speculation.
>>
>>72113843
Kylo Ren could do some neat parlor tricks, YOUR ASS. Dude's a straight up g, as was Vader. We've only ever seen Vader against the novice Luke other than Obi wan and that battle was more finesse over speed. Rey's a blatant mary sue. So it doesn't matter how you dress up your pig because it's still a sodding pig!
>>
>>72113966
No, she's a mary sue. IT'S ESTABLISHED LORE THAT YOU HAVE TO BE TRAINED AND TAUGHT. Otherwise Obi Wan would have told Luke to believe in the hidden tiara of feminine feminity, wish upon a star and finally change his name to Rey so that he could surpass even Master Yoda.
>>
>>72113407
That was back when the idea of a Star Wars movie being garbage was incomprehensible. People couldn't accept that the new star wars movie sucked ass so many people tried to convince themselves it was good.

The near unanimous love for TFA actually means something considering that hating the new star wars movie has been the norm for 17 years now. If it actually sucked, people would have been screaming from the hills to tell you how bad it is.
>>
>>72114421
I genuinely went into the movie hoping they'd do something cool with it. Seriously, I was super excited. I bought my entire family tickets to see the movie, and was kind of hoping it would flush every record down the toilet.

I just ended up watching a "pretty good I guess" action movie that didn't have anything interesting in it.

Seriously, J J makes well done, but unmemorable movies.
>>
>>72114483
How much training did Luke do, exactly? He was on Dagobah for a few weeks at most.
>>
>>72110379
>Why does /tv/ hate this movie so much?
character regression for og characters.
copypasta story
shrinking the star wars universe
>>
>>72114494
If anything it's people trying to convince themselves that it was george lucas's fault, and that this remake of 4 is good because it's a remake of 4.
>>
>>72114421
I'm sure us hating the TFA was nothing to do with it being a piece of shit.

>>72114494
Like how Ghost busters got 75% because it's so bleeding awful. I remember people praising episode 1 as well.
>>
>>72114554
Well considering space travel does fucky things with time, he could have been there for much longer.
>>
>>72114494
The exact same thing is happening with TFA that happened with TPM way back in 1999: People are starting to realize that it's just not that good a film, despite all the hype surrounding it. Give it a few more years and I'd bet more people will start to turn on TFA like they did with TPM.
>>
>>72114554
A few weeks then ONE ENTIRE YEAR PLUS OF PRACTICE. You do know Return takes place over a year after empire, yeah? You see you rey defenders cannot defend this shit character. Cunt goes from not believing in the force to being a force grand master in matter of hours. Fuck this movie.
>>
Don't hate it, just thought it played it too safe and was too similar to ANH. Could've taken more risks and made a shit-ton of money regardless.
>>
>>72114651
Episode 8 Rey will be able to dilate time and forcechoke Greedo before he enters the Cantina in episode 4.
>>
>>72114651
>You do know Return takes place over a year after empire, yeah?

But Luke would have been on his own with no guidance. You're the one saying that training and having a master is so fucking important, obviously he wouldn't have been able to improve at all.

>Cunt goes from not believing in the force to being a force grand master in matter of hours. Fuck this movie.

She mind tricks one stormtrooper and beats a wimpy poser apprentice with incomplete training. Wow what a master. I'm sorry you can't get laid anon.

>>72114644
No, this is you hanging out in a /tv/ echo chamber and pretending that hating TFA is a reasonable or common opinion.
>>
>>72111863
Mary Sue isn't a meme. It's a trope. It predates memes and this shitty board and it is exactly what rey's characters was
>>
>>72114718
So does rey force choke him first or does it come after because she had to traverse time to stop him.
>>
>>72110379
>why does tee vee hate this movie?

Because it's fucking shit.
>>
>>72114729
>using prequel defender rationale to defend TFA
>>
>>72114776
In what way was prequel defender rationale being used?
>>
>>72114047
>That's not an explanation for how she can suddenly read Kylo's mind and then perform a Jedi mind trick to escape.

Prior to this movie we had never seen a Force user try to mind-trick another Force user

Ren is also a cocky little shit who probably thought he could mind-fuck her as hard as he mind-fucked Poe earlier in the film, and it backfired on him
>>
>>72113252
On the other hand, people like you, apologists, step in front of plot holes and say 'nothing here'
>>
>>72114836
name a plot hole, faggot. I'm waiting.
>>
>>72114729
>But Luke would have been on his own with no guidance.
What? Luke would have been training with Yoda in all that time, no doubt humbled after his defeat at the hands of Vader.

>You're the one saying that training and having a master is so fucking important, obviously he wouldn't have been able to improve at all.
Um, yes he would? That's exactly the reason he trains with Yoda, so he can get better, and it's shown in RotJ that he actually does get better.

>She mind tricks one stormtrooper and beats a wimpy poser apprentice with incomplete training. Wow what a master.
Luke wasn't shown to be able to use a mind trick until RotJ, which was a year later. I can possibly buy Rey being able to beat Kylo, but the mind trick is bullshit.

>I'm sorry you can't get laid anon.
Why are you so angry? lol

>No, this is you hanging out in a /tv/ echo chamber and pretending that hating TFA is a reasonable or common opinion.
>STOP HAVING OPINIONS!!!!!
>>
>>72114847
>Starkiller base can and does movve
>Han and finn track it down
>>
>>72114811
>Prior to this movie we had never seen a Force user try to mind-trick another Force user
Except it's never established that Rey is a force user until that exact moment.

>Ren is also a cocky little shit who probably thought he could mind-fuck her as hard as he mind-fucked Poe earlier in the film, and it backfired on him
There is literally no reason for it to have backfired, though.
>>
>>72114718
She'll ascend to the astral plane and be taught by Yoda and Qui gon about the living force and then, she'll be able to dematerialize in becoming a force ghost and rematerialize, clothes and all.

>>72114729
NO, Luke was taught the basics by Yoda. If you're taught the basics in guitar, the scale and the power chords, given enough time you'll be able to make tunes. But to go from not playing, AT ALL, to hearing about the guitar, not being taught mind you but hearing about the guitar, you're suddenly able to play respect for the wind. Rey's a shit character, yo.

BULLSHIT, she uses the force proactively. That's like me only hearing the piano and for no reason at all, I'm playing Gershwin. Those words of yours are an insult not to only star wars but every discipline which requires TIME AND EFFORT AND PATIENCE AND PRACTICE----and you have to be taught WHAT TO FUCKING DO AT THE GET GO.

But to know what to do and how to get there withoutbeing taught is GOD MODE. She's so far from a mary sue at this point.
>>
>>72112551
>>72112621
>>72112701
Wrong.

5 > 4 ≥ 3 > 6 > 1 > 7 ≥ 2
>>
>>72110379
Because /tv/ is shit.
>inb4 "oh well your on it"
I never come on here I'm on here right now because I'm bored.
Literally the worst place on 4chan. Seriously, you should have known their opinions are shit when they consider BvS to be the greatest capeflick of all time when it's not even a good capeflick let alone the greatest.
>>
>>72114857
>What? Luke would have been training with Yoda in all that time, no doubt humbled after his defeat at the hands of Vader.

No, Luke does not see or speak to Yoda or Ben in the year between RotJ. Actually watch the movie next time.

>STOP HAVING OPINIONS!!!!!

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, I'm saying that pretending people are "coming around" to TFA being bad is absurd, because the only place you'll ever find a large resistance to it is on /tv/.

It's like, yeah, you can say Transformers 2 is a better movie than Citizen Kane, but you're delusional if you pretend anyone who isn't retarded will ever agree with you
>>
>>72114887
>Except it's never established that Rey is a force user until that exact moment.
Or when she grabs Luke's lightsaber and has a very vivid vision
>>
File: le disgusted nigger.png (129 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
le disgusted nigger.png
129 KB, 300x300
>>72114923
Is /tv/ the most pathetic userbase on 4chan? The contrarian mental gymnastics regarding Star Wars: TFA is incredible and at the same time absolutely loathsome.

The constant denial, backtracking and moving the goalposts.

>"TFA will be shit! Fucking Jew Jew Abrams, fucking nigger main character, fucking SJWs! People won't accept this! It will be worse than the prequels and a total flop!"
>Trailer drops. Record pre-sales, screenings booked out months in advance. Hype incredibly high.
>"It'll still be a flop! Guaranteed to be shit! Phantom Menace sold well too before people realised it was shit! N-nigger character!"
>TFA releases. 5 star reviews, record opening day. People love based Johnny B's performance, and he's very well received.
>"o-ok it might not be as bad as we thought, but it's still not going to beat Jurassic World! Disney are finished!"
>Beats Jurassic World, despite being released in off-season and no Chinese release.
>"J-just wait until based RLM eviscerates it for being A New Hope ripoff in a Mr Plinkett review! You'll f-fucking see then Starfags!"
>Mike loves it. RLM approve and think it has saved the Star Wars franchise from the prequels.
>FUCKING SHIT FILM, MARY SUE JEW SHIT. PREQUEL LOVE THREAD. WHO FUCKING LOVES ATTACK OF THE CLONES? I DO. REVENGE OF THE SITH WAS BETTER THAN ROTJ. BASED GEORGE LUCAS. WELL AT LEAST TFA WON'T BEAT AVATAR, I FUCKING SWEAR TO GOD PLEASE.

The mouthbreathing basement dwellers who strive to be contrarian have been backed into a corner really, they started so verbose. So confident that the film would be a flop, not break any records and would be panned by critics. Slowly as TFA has BTFO them on every conceivable level, they've been reduced to adopting some bizarre cult-like contrarian attitude to the prequels, proclaiming them as underrated gems, and trying to push some kind of narrative where if TFA doesn't beat Avatar, it's somehow failed, despite already being a record breaking movie and saving Star Wars.
>>
>>72110379
I hated it because I wanted a sequel, not a remake.

After the very first scene with the cute droid getting the secret map and the asshole in the dark cape coming in to take it I pretty much knew how the rest of the movie would play out, but even then I couldn't guess that it would do every, single, fucking, thing A New Hope did.

The Force Awakens does nothing new. Like Star Trek Into Darkness, JJ did a bait and switch. He promised something new but then surprise, it's just a fucking remake.
>>
>>72114925
>No, Luke does not see or speak to Yoda or Ben in the year between RotJ. Actually watch the movie next time.
That's bullshit and you know it. Maybe he didn't speak to Ben in all that time, but Yoda explicitly says that Luke's training is complete when he returns to Dagobah after saving Han, basically confirming that he has been training under Yoda in all that time.

>I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, I'm saying that pretending people are "coming around" to TFA being bad is absurd, because the only place you'll ever find a large resistance to it is on /tv/.
Have you actually been anywhere besides /tv/?

>It's like, yeah, you can say Transformers 2 is a better movie than Citizen Kane, but you're delusional if you pretend anyone who isn't retarded will ever agree with you
Again,
>STOP HAVING OPINIONS!!!!
>>
>>72113722
I agree with this. It was mostly set up for the new characters anyway. To get ESB tier you need a foundation first.
>>
>>72114925
He doesn't have to speak to either of them He was taught how to use the force to amplify his natural abilites. The hours Yoda had him leaping and flipping and the training he gained on how to channel the force through his body was all he needed. Yoda even taught him how to feel the force and how to channel it and lift stuff. So with these basics he built a house. Not a mansion, not a sky scrapper. A modest house. But, as we saw, Vader allowed him to win because Vader never once used force telekineses on him. Vader used strength and Luke over powered him. But that meant fuck all against the emperor. Were it not for Vader, Luke
would have died.

>>72114972
I"m sure it had nothing to do with star wars being A SEQUEL TO THE GREATEST FRANCHISE EVER. You see that's the rub, fuck rey and the rest, were it about ewoks, it would have done amazingly because it was a fucking sequel you ignorant horse shit.
>>
>>72114972
This.
As I said I'm only browsing /tv/ because I'm bored. We should star a petition to move /tv/ to reddit.
>>
>>72114729
I don't think you get it, Anon.

The thing with Luke is that we see his transition from annoying punk to Jedi, he doesn't pick up a lightsaber offensively at any point in ANH, only using the force once at the very end when Ben was calling to him from beyond the grave.

We lose all feeling of gratification when Rey just automatically knows how to use the force, and a Lightsaber, because of backstory we don't know or see. Saying they'll explain it in the sequel does not excuse this, because movies are supposed to be satisfying experiences on their own, and saying "don't worry, it gets better in the sequel" equates to saying that the movie was bad.

TFA copied everything from ANH except for the emotional core of the movie, and the stakes.

Ever notice how the attack on the Death Star was about 100 times more engaging and suspenseful then the attack on Starkiller Base? It doesn't even serve that well as a backdrop to what's going on on the ground, it just becomes a forced moment where they have to get off the planet because it's going to blow up. They took the framework for one of the best endings in a movie ever to frame a lightsaber fight you lose all emotional investment in once Finn gets knocked out of it and Rey sues her way to victory.

There's so many things I can talk about. So fucking many. The only good thing about the lightsaber fight in my opinion is that they aren't as stupid as the ones in the prequels. There's no stupid amounts of flipping and choreographed garbage that make it nothing more then a spectacle, but again, the only time it is interesting is when it's Finn fighting for his life. Once Rey just pulls the lightsaber out you know exactly what's going to happen, and the suspense is totally gone. Emotional impact of the duel ends when she takes it. As stupid as it would have been, Luke showing up and taking the lightsaber would have been way fucking better.
>>
>>72115039
>That's bullshit and you know it. Maybe he didn't speak to Ben in all that time, but Yoda explicitly says that Luke's training is complete when he returns to Dagobah after saving Han, basically confirming that he has been training under Yoda in all that time.

Go watch the fucking movie again, nigger.

When Luke leaves
>I will return...I promise.

When Luke is heading to Dagobah after leaving Tatooine
>I have a promise to keep...to an old friend.

This is also the first time they discuss Vader being Luke's father. If they had been hanging out in the year prior, why the FUCK did Luke wait until Yoda was on his deathbed to bring it up? You're an idiot.

and you keep saying STOP HAVING OPINIONS, my point of contention is not that you have an opinion, it's that you're pretending that opinion is commonplace because your only frame of reference is the contrarian echochamber that is /tv/
>>
>>72115119
No, I understand it fine. You're complaining TFA is too similar to ANH while simultaneously bitching the character arcs aren't the exact same. I'm sorry you're a cynical fuck who thinks Rey awakening to her hidden potential isn't "earned" or what the fuck ever because you think the Force is DBZ power levels where if you don't receive enough experience points from the secret ultra supreme sage of force knowledge you can't be strong.

I won't really defend Starkiller base because it was really just a plot device to get the characters all together for the climax (as well as some stealth meta commentary on the nature of the franchise) but it didn't bother me too much, mostly because it wasn't the focus of the climax like the Death Star was.
>>
>>72115131
>I have a promise to keep...to an old friend.
He's obviously referring to the fact that he promised Yoda he was going to COMPLETE his training, he's not talking about returning to Yoda for the first time since Empire.

>This is also the first time they discuss Vader being Luke's father. If they had been hanging out in the year prior, why the FUCK did Luke wait until Yoda was on his deathbed to bring it up? You're an idiot.
Why wouldn't Yoda dodge answering the question? Yoda and Ben both want Luke to kill Vader because they believe he's too far gone to be saved, and telling Luke the truth would leave him conflicted on what to do, not to mention it would potentially get in the way of his training. Yoda finally confirms the truth because a) Luke has finished his training and has earned his respect and trust, and b) He's dying.

>and you keep saying STOP HAVING OPINIONS, my point of contention is not that you have an opinion, it's that you're pretending that opinion is commonplace because your only frame of reference is the contrarian echochamber that is /tv/
You sound really mad. Are you just incapable of accepting the fact that people didn't like TFA?
>>
>>72115222
No. It's established Lore that to become a force user you have to be trained and you have to practice and EARN the spot as force user. Why can't you people see this?

The only one who could have BELIEVABLY FOUGHT REN, was Luke. But instead of going with that idea, they did this shit fest instead. vomit.
>>
>>72110379
For me it was the fact that it felt so damn much like episode IV

At least episode I had enough differences even though it had the same key events (find protagonist in shitty sand planet, death of the mentor figure in front of his pupil, blowing up the main threat, and so on), episode VII just felt like it mimicked episode IV way too much, down to the damn "this sword was from your father", damn at least bring the hand back too now that you are at it.
>>
>>72115251
>Are you just incapable of accepting the fact that people didn't like TFA?

I accept that YOU didn't like it. I accept that there are people that didn't like it. What I do not accept is that you're pretending that hating TFA is common. This is what you're not fucking getting.

Claiming that everyone secretly hates TFA and they're all "coming around" is as intellectually dishonest as the memers who pretend prequel hating was invented by Red Letter Media.
>>
>>72115222

are you a fucking retard? why do you bring up DBZ like an autist and miss his point totally? character progression is something totally lacking from TFA and the movie was a joke because of it. the fact you intentionally misunderstand him cause you're a retard the liked that shit movie, embarrassing. kill yourself
>>
>>72115283
>The only one who could have BELIEVABLY FOUGHT REN

DUDE POWER LEVELS LMAO

WHAT THE FUCK IS A CHARACTER ARC? I DON'T KNOW, MIDICHLORIANS ARE BETTER LMAO
>>
>>72115353
are you fucking stupid? That's rhetorical by the way, but Ren uses powers that he mastered through trial and effort. But, he had to be taught the basics and on those basics he built something believable. Rey's some person who didn't believe in something and within a few hours she defeats a guy who was taught the basics since childhood and built on those basics for well over a decade? Calling people like you idiots insults actual idiots.
>>
>>72115353
>WHAT THE FUCK IS A CHARACTER ARC?

I don't know, since Rey never has one.
>>
>>72112551
>>72112621
>>72112701
>>72114895
>>
>>72115283
>No. It's established Lore that to become a force user you have to be trained and you have to practice and EARN the spot as force user.

Unless your name is Anakin Skywalker
>>
>>72111863

people say jews cause it was a blatant cash grab
people say mary sue because rey fucking was one
people say SJW because of the laughably perfect, unrealistic forced diversity of the x wing squad
people defend the prequels now because although they were shit they at least had imagination and a huge convoluted story behind it so it was at least ambitious instead of a cash grab

if you like it, its fine, just means you're a retarded pleb, just one of the masses...
>>
>>72115420
>>72115422
Hint: Rey beating Kylo has more to do with Kylo than Rey, for reasons I've already explained. Now please fuck off with your EU/prequel/videogame power level logic.

Seriously, how fucking embarassing must it be to try to argue the movie sucked because DUDE THE GIRL HERO WAS TOO STRONG THIS TRIGGERS ME BECAUSE I'M A PERMAVIRGIN LMAO
>>
>>72115222
No, I'm complaining that they tried to copy ANH, except they didn't decide to copy the important things from ANH. It just makes the movie come off as a worse version of ANH, which it is. If it stuck to that formula and was a better movie, there would be a reason for this movie to exist other then money, but there isn't. It exists as an attempt to get as much money as possible and bridge to the next movie.

And yeah, Rey's sudden burst of power doesn't feel earned at all. We don't get to see her struggle, we don't get to see her overcome opposition, we get to see her do nothing except for sue her way through every situation and then at the end, she sues her way through the final battle.

A character that wins everything is boring, unless they're written excellently and you understand why. We don't understand why, we don't get that sense of satisfaction to see her struggle with using these powers she has, or uncovering the mystery around how she can unlock them. She gets them all back exactly when she needs to, and it's BORING. She's an expert mechanic, an expert shot, EVERYONE likes her and needs her to advance their goals, the only times she even remotely fucks up it ends up being a good thing. Bad writing. Mary sue.
>>
File: luke JUST.jpg (36 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
luke JUST.jpg
36 KB, 300x225
>>72115446
>people defend the prequels now because although they were shit they at least had imagination

>C3PO shoved in for no reason
>R2D2 back for no reason
>dude Jango Fett is also a bounty hunter lmao
>Clones are a ripoff of storm troopers
>dude Baby Boba Fett lmao
>Republic ships are a ripoff of Imperial Star destroyers
>Naboo is earth
>Death Star plans in Attack of the Clones
>All Jedi wear Tatooine farmer robes
>Corisant is a ripoff of the city from Blade Runner
>dude Genonisis is Tatooine with rocks lmao
>dude Kamino is just Cloud City with water instead of clouds lmao

>and a huge convoluted story behind it so it was at least ambitious instead of a cash grab

>not knowing that George had absolutely no motivation to make the prequels until Timothy Zahn and Hasbro made a fuckton of money on the Thrawn trilogy and the new toys which convinced him there was money to be made
>Ignoring stuff like Darth Vader being retconned into being space jesus because he sold the most toys

prequel shills are the worst lmao
>>
>>72115469

Go to bed, Max.
>>
>better than the prequels

This is the shit every retard who liked this movie says.
>>
>>72115535
Prequel defenders pushed contrarianism to a whole new level and /tv/ still hasn't recovered. It's fucking pitiful.
>>
>>72115535
>Darth Plagueis
>a Sith lord who had the power to raise the dead
>Palpatine(I REFUSE to call him Sheev holy fuck HIS NAME IS ACTUALLY SHEEV PALPATINE??) tells Anakin about him
>at first I thought it was just some made-up bullshit Sith lord to deceive and tempt the naive Anakin
>NOPE HE WAS FUCKING REAL

Also
>Chewbacca shoved in for no real reason
>>
>>72115535
50% of your beefs didn't make the movies any better or worse

And when was vader not space Jesus? He kills the emperor, gets burned after he dies and becomes a ghost. Now that I think about it, the originals were shit too. Star Wars sucks.
>>
>>72115565
You go to bed, before I ask Mike to be on another episode of BotW and shit it up.
>>
>>72115671
>And when was vader not space Jesus?

In the original trilogy he was just a jedi who went bad who later killed the Emperor out of love for his son.

All the "chosen one born from the Force that is destined to destroy the sith" is bullshit retcons from the prequels that George made up. Since Darth Vader is the most popular characters and the center of the marketing, he had to be the LITERAL center of the entire star wars universe because that would make people spend their money.
>>
>>72115671
>50% of your beefs didn't make the movies any better or worse

All of those beefs though prove that the trilogy wasn't imaginative. Good or bad is up to the viewer, but all of that greentext was pointing out that it didn't have the imagination that defenders constantly cling to.
>>
The Prequels are God tier and Sith is kino personified. This is impossible to prove wrong because it is in fact right.
>>
>>72115441
Oh how I love it when you losers brings up Anakin.

Anakin, you rey fanatic, had the power of precognition readily available to him but even with that edge, you insufferable dim bulb, he still wrecked several racing pods. You see, Anakin, you impetuous cretin, only ever was as good as his fellow races, i.e., even with the power of the force he was only ever as potentially able as his fellow alien racers. So his latent ability didn't aide him in surpassing everyone and anyone, UNLIKE maRey sue! You see even with he ability to know what's coming only ever aided him in not dying while racing. HE STILL HAD TO TRY, again and again and again up several times, in fact and in all that time he never, ever finished a race.
And to add to all that he's a tinkerer, a slave child who has the job of dissassembling machinery and droids. So with this knowledge of disassembly he only ever manages to put together a clankly mess of a droid.
By film's end, he while hiding in a fighter cock pit activates it to destroy blasters that had our heroes pinned down and he's carried to battle remotely. Once in battle he's able to pilot the fighter because the controls are just like a pod racers controls and he using his PRACTICED, TRIED AND TRUE ABILITY OF USING HIS PRECOGNITION TO AVOID DANGER, avoids enemy fire and while doing so happens onto the mother ship. His ship overheats and he uses his ship's blasters to destroy droids, in advertently bows up a refueling tank, hurries off the ship once R2 restarts the engines.

Were it Rey though, she would have won the race without ever having flown a pod racer, defeated Darth Maul, fired a simple blaster bolt into the sky thereby hitting the aforementioned fuel tank, saving the day.
>>
>>72115462
First, you would look a lot less angry if you didn't continue to insist that anyone who disagrees with you is a virgin.

Second, you're completely and conveniently ignoring the fact that one has had years of training, while the other has no training. You can keep talking about "prequel logic" or "power levels" or whatever buzzword you've decided to focus on today, but the fact is that Rey should not have been able to take on Kylo Ren so effortlessly as she did. If they had shown her to be legitimately struggling against him, falling down and just barely avoiding his swings, then I could believe it a little bit more. Instead, she's shown to pretty much be his equal despite a) Having no formal training with the force or a lightsaber, b) Being terrified of him back on Takodana and literally being frozen in place by him, and c) Kylo having been trained by Luke Skywalker himself from when he was a boy.

Acting like Rey should be on par with Kylo, who's ACTUALLY HAD TO TRAIN to get to where he is today, just because she suddenly "believes" in herself is, like some other anon said, an insult to Star Wars and anything that involves mental and physical discipline such as martial arts or learning to play a musical instrument. Call me a virgin all you want, throw around buzzwords like "DBZ power levels" or "prequel logic", call me a contrarian and a retard, because that's all you can do. Nothing can justify Ma-Rey Sue and you know it.
>>
>>72115775
>Were it Rey though, she would have won the race without ever having flown a pod racer, defeated Darth Maul, fired a simple blaster bolt into the sky thereby hitting the aforementioned fuel tank, saving the day.

You forgot to mention it was all because she was secretly trained by the first ever Jedi, as revealed in the sequels, and abruptly cut off scenes would've clued you into that.

TFA was shit. What the fuck was JJ thinking shoving his mystery box advertising into an entire movie?
>>
>>72115760
It certainly had more imagination than TFA which was built around

>hey guys remember this?
>>
>>72115828
>this turd is clearly better than this other turd

You're only proving that the prequels and the soft reboot were both shit, which they were.
>>
>>72115853
I said all of Star Wars is shit. But at least the prequels tried a little bit more than TFA
>>
File: KyloRenHS-TFA.png (610 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
KyloRenHS-TFA.png
610 KB, 640x800
Why doesn't Darth Goldberg look like either one of his parents?

Did Leia cuck Han?
>>
>>72115905
No it didn't. It just made no effort in going the opposite direction.
In the end neither went anywhere at all.
>>
File: luke-leia2.jpg (78 KB, 900x470) Image search: [Google]
luke-leia2.jpg
78 KB, 900x470
>>72115918
A face like Kylo's can only come from the most forbidden love.
>>
>>72110379

I really don't like remakes. This compounded by the fact that they hid this by labeling it Ep7 instead of pulling a star trek 09 and very clearly reboot the series, but include old characters making cameos.

Also, I really wanted Finn to be a Kyle Katarn-like character but instead he was comic relief mostly.
>>
>>72115942
TFA was A new hope. Almost scene for scene event for event. The only thing new was the light saber hand guards. Prequels introduced new shit it was just terrible and didn't work for the most part.
>>
>>72115918
Leia couldn't get enough of Solo's smuggled spices during her pregnancy
>>
>>72115968
That....makes too much sense
>>
>>72115462
Yes, because conflicted MMA fighters will Job against novice girls who were junk collectors but moments before having never trained to be a MMA fighter or ever fought a match for that matter. People like you is the reason ghostbusters got 75%

>>72115819
This is true sir, because according to them, the shit she learned at 4 years old, of which she didn't remember or recall, AT ALL, WOULD have put her on even footing with a force master like Ren who was a force user and fighter and user of two of the most op ever force powers ever seen on screen. It all makes sense now. Maybe they're right and we're wrong because all one has to do is hear Ren go, "I can teach you about the force," And then rey goes, "oh yeah, the swartz," and suddenly she's a force god---WHO NEEDS TRAINING?
>>
>>72115918
He has the same nose as Harrison. They look pretty similar
>>
>>72116104
Don't get me wrong anon. I never said that this upcoming "twist" would be anything close to creative or logical. Just very expected.
>>
>>72115828
Uhhh the Prequels were like "Remember Obi-Wan? Remember R2 and 3PO? We wipe their hard drives so they don't remember any of it, but we also team up Yoda and Chewbacca, oh and Boba Fett, you kids like the Boba Fett"
>>
>>72115802
The worst part is, it completely killed him as a villian. What's the point of having him return if Rey can already beat him has an untrained (or perhaps barely trained) novice?
>>
>>72116176
THIS IS WHY I HATE THIS FUCKING MOVIE, if they'd said that she was a lab experiment or the result of Luke trying to be a god and he, after turning his lab assitant Snoke, onto a path that led him to the darkside, Luke who wanted to pull power from the force accidentally recalls from the nothingness of the never were palpatine and inadvertently recalls the dematerializes aspect of that monsters soul into a test tube baby, Rey. then snoke corrupts kylo and luke, disgraced, ashamed runs. WOULD HAVE BEEN AN AWESOME MOVIE AND MADE SO MUCH SENSE, but this movie is soo shitty anything they do from here on would only be layers of perfume and silk on top of smelly shit.
>>
>>72116218
Not to mention it was turned into a an rpg virgin fantasy for video game faggots.
>>
File: midichlorians grow on trees.png (616 KB, 729x475) Image search: [Google]
midichlorians grow on trees.png
616 KB, 729x475
>>72116285
Actually they're gonna bury that shit under a tree made out of even more damaging shit.
>>
>>72115968
Hahaha that explains how autistic Kylo is. He so much reminds me of Joffrey from GoT
>>
>>72116218
But Obi-Wan was actually one of the main characters and we got to see what he was like before the Empire rose. It's not like they brought him back only to kill him off because "lol the actor always wanted that to happen xD".
>>
>>72116162
I don't see it
>>
Literally nothing in it was original, and everything they copied was inferior to the originals.

Made for the sole purpose of making money.
>>
>>72116339
And TFA was as bad as ghostbusters 2016. And every much of a mary sue as those women were. The hero's journey has been reduced to shit hollow characters because girls aren't sophisticated enough to understand that to get good there must be growing pains. And that's what saddens me.

>>72116358
No NO, FUCK NO, no, fuck no! fuck, disney, fuck disney, fuck disney fuck disney fuck disney fuck disney fuck disney fuck disney, fuck disney fuck disney fuck disney. fuck disney, fuck disney, and fuck disney.
>>
>>72116395
Congratulations. You don't have facial blindness.
>>
>>72116218
bringing back all the original characters though and putting that into your marketing strategy??

>chewy were home
Every fucking commercial. Rey is just a scavenger in the desert (and force master lol) who runs into a robot that totally isn't at all like r2 makes besties with people she's known for 20 minutes and blows up not a Death Star (3rd times the charm guys) it was just so bad and a frame for frame rip off that as bad as the prequels are, at least took a new approach.
>>
>>72110379
Ia that really a question
>it was good
>casting was spot on
>it made money
To those things add pinch of "it is a new hope story" and "woman and nigger are in leading role, they are forcing sjw agenda on us" and you have your answer. Plus 90% of hate here is b8 m8
>>
>>72110379
/tv/ hated it long before they saw it: first because the first trailer featured a black man quite a lot, but then more because the only thing manchildren can't stand more than other races are other genders.
>>
>>72116478
>they didn't like it cause racism and misogyny

Shouldn't you be shitting up ghostbusters threads?
>>
>>72116478
No, we hated ghostbusters as well, and robocop and total recall reboot. Because rehashing some one else's stuff has been a rotten tit move now for some time. When you see shit you know it's shit, you don't need some one else to validate it for you. Ironically heir colored man was actually the best part of the movie for me. Rey however wasn't. BUT AS BAD AS REY WAS, fuck me if that convoluted star killer rebel resistance bit was shit.
>>
>>72111745
>>Is essentially a remake of Episode 4
True. It went overboard trying to assuage the fears of OT fans who found the prequels abominable.

>>Brings nothing new to the world of Star Wars, even the ships are lifted straight from the OT
See above.

>>Ma-Rey Sue (215 replies and 130 images omitted, click reply to view)
What about Han Suelo?

>>Ends on a cliffhanger and leaves a lot of questions unanswered, whereas every Star Wars film beforehand knew how to wrap things up while still making each film feel like their own separate episode
>What is ESB?
>What is AotC?

>>Jew Jew Abrams special effects and writing
I agree. It was the same with Trek.

>>Overall the whole film feels like wasted potential and seems to have been made primarily to pander to nostalgia, fake nerds, and SJWs
>Muh spookiest SJW.
>>
>>72116604
>Han Suelo

You have no idea what a mary sue even is.
>>
>>72112820
Well put.
>>
File: 1467688233884.png (528 KB, 853x833) Image search: [Google]
1467688233884.png
528 KB, 853x833
>>72116358
>Yoda knew midichlorians were just bacteria and that the Force had a scientific explanation (prequels)
>Yoda smoked so much Dagobah green that by the time Luke rolled into the planet, he explains the Force as some mystical unknown bullshit that binds the universe together (OT)
>strongest concentration of midichlorian cells in the galaxy found inside a tree (sequels)

Watch Disney retcon this, take screencap.
>>
>>72116358
What's all this Bs about a tree?
>>
>>72116850
The new expanded canon universe is really pushing this bullshit about trees having deep ties in the force.

Then one major setpiece is this bigass mystical looking tree. Looking likely that it's a fucking nuclear Force power plant, and possibly even the source of the Force itself.
>>
>>72114857.
>Luke wasn't shown to be able to use a mind trick until RotJ, which was a year later. I can possibly buy Rey being able to beat Kylo, but the mind trick is bullshit.

Luke wasn't subjected to it first.
>>
>>72114871
Not a plot hole.
>>
>>72114847

How about the map, buddy?

You can look at it from two different standpoints: Did they know R2 had the huge almost-finished jigsaw puzzle part of the map, or did they think that this one piece was enough the whole time?

If the one piece was enough, because there are certainly people who looked at it beforehand and decided it was exactly what the rebellion needed to find Luke, then what was the point of R2D2 popping back up all of a sudden to have that really dumb part where the maps combine?

If they knew that R2 had that piece of the map, then why the fuck didn't they know where an approximate location of Luke was the entire time? "Hey this section of the map is kinda small, why don't we just go here and check it out and see if we can get any leads?"

Either scenario makes no sense.
>>
>>72116926
I'm really hoping the tree isn't the literal source of the Force itself. That'd be midichlorian levels of retarded, the Force is something that is supposed to exist in all things, it doesn't have a source, it simply is.

I'd be fine with the tree being the the source of life forms being able to directly communicate with the Force, though.
>>
>>72117550
Like a fucking Force antenna?

Probably need to be sold on that, but I'd rather the Force stay simple and have the series explore other things.
>>
I watched it today after falling for the dumb pol SJW star wars meme

It's good. It might be a bit hamfisted how they make Finn sympathetic but other than that it was a fun ride.

Hell Kylo Ren was a dweeb but his character was cool and made sense
>>
File: star wars.jpg (184 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
star wars.jpg
184 KB, 500x370
4 > 3 > 6 > 5 > 2 > 1 >>>>>>>> 7
>>
>>72117678

>It's good

No, it's not. Saw this posted on a forum earlier today and it's relevant:

>Well, they enjoyed the original space opera, particularly Episode V, and are disappointed that the prequels were aimed at such a very young audience, and the latest incarnation not much older and very much of a rehash with ANOTHER death star with ANOTHER easily exploitable weakness and ANOTHER father moment and ANOTHER catwalk over a bottomless pit with ANOTHER alien cantina scene and so forth, with a completely unbelievable Mary Sue female protagonist to appease the feminists who despite being an orphan that barely has time to feed herself is physically superior able to take on multiple attackers bare handed, learns the force untaught for nano seconds, is an expert pilot, is an expert mechanic, speaks numerous languages, and essentially has no faults and her only weakness is that people keep trying to help her so stop taking my hand I can run by myself shitlord!

Perfect.
>>
Maybe all this tree shit is part of some environmental push. Why are jews pushing environmentalism anyway?
>>
>>72114857
Rey beating Kylo isn't the only problem, I can't really see Finn putting up a fight either. One stormtrooper shouldn't be worth shit vs a Sith(can't remember if he's actually considered a Sith but in all but name he is). At any rate, he wouldn't have had lightsaber training so how the fuck can he even go toe to toe with Kylo at all?
>>
File: jew 2.webm (598 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
jew 2.webm
598 KB, 480x360
>>72118062
>perfect

not quite

it doesn't mention the jewish propaganda part

>nu-stormtroopers make a nazi salute at an hitler-esque speech
>jewish actor and his diversity squad arrive to save the day in their x-wings

Remember that there isn't a single white male that is a good guy in this movie. They're all jewish or minorities.
>>
>>72118209
Kylo is clearly toying with him the entire time you fucking retard. As soon as Finn gets a lucky hit in Kylo ends the fight immediately
>>
>>72110379
It's unoriginal and completely predictable which would be ok if the female protagonist didn't also have 0 character that translated onto the screen as poor acting.
>>
>>72110379
>nigger jedi
>coalburner woman jedi
>jew posing as ebil white man

It is shit.
>>
>>72115671
>Now that I think about it, the originals were shit too. Star Wars sucks.
Amen
Afuckingmen
Disney and plebian cocksuckers can have this shitty franchise.
We were all blinded by flashy special effects at the time.
>>
>>72110379
its on par with episode 3 and 6
>>
>genuinely fell asleep in the theatre during the cantina scenes with exposition : the alien character
All those forced and cheaply manufactured emotions and relationships, I can't even fathom how people would fall for this.
They had potential to do actual interesting character being forced by the events to cooperate even though they have nothing in common. Hardass, no-nonsense scavenger, who values survival above all and have a hard time forming bonds due to living all her life in a battle-royal chaotic environment? Child soldier raised all his life in the devotion of an ideal of peace trough order, being hunted by the only people he could consider family and forced to cooperate with people he considered enemies? Idealistic and fearsome pilot with ego issues, whose desperate quest of being an hero is empered by these two low-life?
NOPE
3 cardboard cutout goody two shoes spouting 2010's humor oneliners
Bravo JJ, you've done it again!
>>
>>72116604
>han suelo

fucking christ are you serious? get out
>>
This is the most enjoyable Star Wars movie from beginning to end, fight me faggot
>>
>>72112222
Wow those are some mindblowingly original opinions you've got there. I bet you studied the matter extensively and then put a lot of your own original thought into it on top of that.

If it weren't for your quads you would be a complete waste of air. Improve yourself.

>sub par director
kill yourself

>>72112820
This is very high-quality pasta but the sheev image elevates it to an 11/10. If there weren't so many people who sincerely believed this seeing it posted would make me happy.
>>
It REALLY wasn't that good and only got the positive reception it got because it wasn't an out-and-out trainwreck like the prequels and the Star Wars brand is an established nerd brand that pulls in a ton of audiences. Plus it relied on nostalgia to bring in people.
>>
>>72113843
>The dark side was never meant to be appealing or reasonable

Um, isn't that how the dark side gets people to turn? It may suck once you realize all you've sacrificed to achieve dark side power, but I'm pretty sure that the dark side is supposed to be extremely seductive and easier to tap into versus the light side.
>>
>>72110379
Because it is a meme on here and every other board to hate what's popular because autism
>>
>>72113966
>I'm sorry you're a prequelbabby who thinks the Force is about getting kidnapped from your parents at birth because you had enough religion in your blood cells to spend 20 years at a literal yoda school whacking around lightsabers with your toddler jedi buddies before you have to pass a literal jedi final exam, so you think it's absolutely incomprehensible that a character could be gifted with the Force unless they were another chosen one space jesus archtype like Anakin in the prequels.

Like it or not, that's all canon. So yeah, having someone who can physically, and much more than that, mentally match a guy who's been training for decades how to feel and manipulate the Force, is straining the rules of the Star Wars universe.
>>
File: stop DC.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
stop DC.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>72112003
>star wars is finished
>highest grossing film in the US
>3rd highest grossing film worldwide
>owned by one of the largest companies of all time
>billions of dollars behind it

cry more you WBcuck
>>
>>72110379
It was ok, but I was dissapointed because it wasnt Star Wars.
>>
File: 5463135.jpg (79 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
5463135.jpg
79 KB, 720x480
>>72111461
>>
Star Wars Episode VII is the Legend of Korra of the franchise, it's shit but it appeals to tumblr so much that people are hesitant to say bad things about it and so settle for saying it was ok. I expect Episode VIII to be even worse unless Rogue One ends up taking the bullet because that already looks like pure shit, in which case VIII might be ok.
>>
>>72123793
Uncanny.
>>
>>72120876
this guy gets it.
>>
>be me, scared that the new movie would be a rehash of episode IV
>spot the Knights of Ren in the trailer
>"ooh this looks cool, at least there's new stuff too"

>see movie
>turns out the Knights of Ren only appear in a 2-second flashback

Was anybody annoyed by this? They were teasing something new, which didn't even show up on screen for more than a minute.
>>
>>72110379
It's boring and nothing happens in it. I watched it and can't remember anything about it except for the stuff that got spoiled beforehand.

It literally has no reason to exist. Plus Star Wars is pretty shit anyway
Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.