[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
‘Die Hard’ Director John McTiernan Slams Superhero Movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: john_mctiernan[1].jpg (233 KB, 1047x1572) Image search: [Google]
john_mctiernan[1].jpg
233 KB, 1047x1572
>Captain America in particular seems to irk the filmmaker. “The cult of American hyper-masculinity is one of the worst things to have happened to the world during the last 50 years,” he says. “Hundreds of thousands of people have died because of this idiotic delusion. So how is it possible to watch a film called ‘Captain America?!’”

>Asked whether he believes the studios are “poisoning action cinema with their ideologies,” McTiernan is just as explicit: “All they’re making are comic book adaptations. There’s action but no human beings, they’re films made by fascists,” he says. “They’re making all the kids in the world think that they’ll never be important enough to have a film made about their life. And it’s a unique moment in the history of cinema, it didn’t used to be like this. A kid used to be able to learn how a man or a woman should act by watching films. Morals. Comics make heroes for businesses.”
http://www.indiewire.com/2016/07/die-hard-john-mctiernan-marvel-captain-america-modern-blockbusters-1201705429/

Capeshit fans btfo
>>
>>72104375

gb2prison, you fucking loon

This guy made Predator and bitches about america and hyper-masculinity? TRAITOR
>>
Everything he said sounded okay, except him using the word 'fascist'.
>>
File: irony.jpg (21 KB, 510x275) Image search: [Google]
irony.jpg
21 KB, 510x275
>>72104375
>cult of American hyper-masculinity
wat
>>
>>72104375
>I haven't seen a single one of these films
>but I'm going to complain about them anyways
>surely I won't look stupid when all of my comments are extremely inaccurate
What a retard. He sounds like an idiot.
>>
>hasn't had a job since 2003
Ok just calm down grandpa
>>
>>72104375
>A kid used to be able to learn how a man or a woman should act by watching films

He clearly hasn't watched his own movies
>>
>>72104375
This is like Mel Gibson whiteknighting for jews.
>>
He's right you know...
>>
>>72104677
It's true. I learned that the proper way to get someone's attention is to drop a dead body on their car from up high.
>>
The last two Captain America movies had America as the bad guy basically.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.