[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to watch this overhyped shit. What am in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: fargo.jpg (68 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
fargo.jpg
68 KB, 1600x600
I'm about to watch this overhyped shit.

What am in for?
>>
A great fucking show
>>
start with season 2 so you can watch it in chronological order. Its not that big of a deal but i wish someone would have told me that
>>
A show that deserved the hype. Enjoy.
>>
>>72098383
>overhyped shit.

exactly that. coens lite w/o heart or talent
>>
>>72099088
I'd second this. I thought the first season was better than the last season. second season tried to do so much and end with a fantastic collision of characters, but it just felt like a mess
>>
>>72099088
I don't know that there's any thing to be gained from watching in chronological order, release order is just fine
>>
The best second season in the history of television
>>
>>72098383
>watch the movie
>it's great
>hear /tv/ talking about the tv show
>it's got fucking aliens in it
Jesus christ fuck that shit.
>>
>>72099275
that's only the second season
>>
>>72099235
>not breaking bad
kys
>>
>>72099235
season 2 was almost god tier

fucking alien piece of shit ending
>>
first half was great, second felt a bit slow. Still worth watching though.
>>
It's well beyond overhyped shit. It's a ripoff that doesn't understand the source material and is superficially obtuse enough for dumb people to think it's "smart". It's a prime example of why creative television is dying.
>>
>>72099653
What doesn't it understand about the source material?
>>
File: 1454644480500.png (92 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1454644480500.png
92 KB, 400x400
>>72099394
>>
fuck shows that replace the entire cast each season, ridiculous, just watch S1 and never go to s2
>>
>>72099570

LE ENDING!!!!!

ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: gerhardts.jpg (829 KB, 3000x2004) Image search: [Google]
gerhardts.jpg
829 KB, 3000x2004
>>72098383
It's good.
>>
>>72099653
it's based on a different story though
>>
>>72099737
S2 had much better performances though
>>
>>72099767
If Kirsten and Jean don't win the Emmys we riot
>>
>>72100072
Alan Alda didn't get nominated. I'm already rioting.
>>
>>72100070
i dont know i only watched the first episode and it was kinda boring even though i like Burn Notice guy and Ted Danson, this whole muh crime family didnt interest me much.
>>
>>72099710
Nuance, scale, substance, subtlety off the top of my head.
>>
File: based god.jpg (39 KB, 768x433) Image search: [Google]
based god.jpg
39 KB, 768x433
>>72099088
absolutely do not fucking do this

some of the coolest scenes in season 1 that have Old Lou in them are ruined if you know what he's talking about when he hints to some menacing ass shit that went down in his past
>>
>>72099736
>I disagree with your opinion, you must be from Reddit.
>>
>>72098383
literally this >>72099653
>>
File: 1460696993902.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460696993902.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>72100226
Fargo isn't subtle, though.
>>
>>72099235
>not The Leftovers
>>
>>72100226
The movie was shit compared to the show. Also buzzwords =/= arguments
>>
>>72099394
breaking bad is overrated crap. after you know what happens all the buildup and suspense is gone and it's just huge amounts of filler.

i havent rewatched fargo yet but it's pretty good
>>
Its worth watching OP. Like any show it's not for everyone and this board in particular is full of contrarians who claim to hate it, but it is a pretty good show in my opinion
>>
>>72098383
the best second season ever made
>>
>>72101122
It's not subtle overall but it is abundant with little moments to discover throughout. Whereas the show has machine gun battles in the street.
>>72101214
In no world is the movie better than the show, you are what's wrong with this one.
>>
>>72098383
an correctly hyped show and a great one

>>72099088
that's ridiculous, i wouldn't advise on doing that at all

>>72099737
what's wrong with mini series, i think it's great they are conscise and to the point no filler, no fat
>>
>>72100072
RIOT !
>>
>>72099235
yes.
>>
>>72098383
Têlèvïsīoñ
>>
>>72103355
>whereas the show has machine gun battles in the street
>one sequence ruins an entire season because I don't like this particular sequence

get out of here
>>
>>72103414
nothing wrong with mini series, just change the name because its not the same show
>>
>>72104587
It's called Fargo because each story happens in the area around Fargo, this is the best title they could've came up with for such an anthology
>>
>>72099275
It doesn't have aliens in it you fucking moron. It has "UFO sightings",
>>
>>72098383
some seriously hammy shit.
>>
>>72100121
Then you should just shut the fuck up then, shouldn't you?

Season 2 was fucking kino.
>>
>>72104509
I didn't say the machine gun battle was the only reason the show is terrible, there are many more, but that one sequence in particular is emblematic of the ridiculous and over the top nature of a show that claims to be inspired by a movie whose whole point is elevating small and grounded events to mythic proportions.
>>
>>72105548
>claims to be inspired by a movie whose whole point is elevating small and grounded events to mythic proportions.

did you miss the entire other half of the first season? Lester's story is exactly that

Malvo's story is about an evil presence corrupting a supposedly pure/homey place like Bemidgi or whatever it was called with it's comfy snow and coffee shop and cute Minnesotan accents

I thought they worked well together to capture part of the original while making something themselves in the same vein
>>
>>72105822
You could maybe argue Lesters story was comparable to the plots in the movie, but his story was also filled with a ton of malice and cruelty for him and his surroundings which is the opposite of the movies counterpart and once the magic demonic hitman shows up the show stops resembling the movie at all.
>>
>>72105999
did you want the show to be the exact same thing as the movie? In the movie the guy is just an idiot that tries to do an evil thing because he needs the reward and gets caught up in something he couldn't control because he wasn't evil by nature.

Lester was beaten down and a loser his whole life until he violently rejected the world and started embracing the cruel and conniving side as a form of lashing back at the world that shit on him, and started controlling people and events like that as the season progressed until he became Malvo-lite.

I thought it was a nice contrast. And Malvo was just the catalyst for all that to happen, he was less of a character and more of a plot device for Lester to reach this progression.
>>
>>72106103
Embracing cruelty is the exact opposite of what the Coen brothers are about. You are describing the most bare bones morality tale ever, one that doesn't deserve to have the cache that comes with being called Fargo. I'd rather watch a fumbling Lundergaard get in over his head while feeling empathy towards him than an asshole who cold bloodedly murders his wife and takes a walk on the wild side like a million other protagonists have done before him. And I don't give a shit if Malvo is supposed to be an entity or a catalyst, his character is a huge example of the hacky writing and ideas behind the show and them missing the point of the source material.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.