[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of this guy? He didn't end up doing shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8
File: file.png (932 KB, 1200x987) Image search: [Google]
file.png
932 KB, 1200x987
What was the point of this guy?

He didn't end up doing shit.
>>
He was a weakling cuck to bolster Potter's plot armor.
>>
A nazi metaphor.
>>
>>72096942
That's exactly what I thought after reading Deathly Hallows. He barely featured in the book and went out with a whimper after having featured so heavily in HBP.
But then I guess that was the point of his character. He was a conflicted and ineffective weakling, too emotionally messed up to be able to do something significant either way.
>>
He ends up helping Harry by throwing him his wand in a deleted scene. It's something.
>>
File: 1445701906636.jpg (1 MB, 1596x2850) Image search: [Google]
1445701906636.jpg
1 MB, 1596x2850
What was the point of any character? Harry Potter was easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
I don't know. When watching you think that he's gonna have some kind of redemptive arc, with him choosing to help Harry and friends save the day. But he doesn't end up doing anything.

Him being a weakling, being the whole point of his character, doesn't seem that fulfilling or interesting, as we don't spend enough time with him to care. Nor is the subject matter complex or interesting enough for us to ponder his thematic importance.
>>
Ambivalence of good and evil or some shit.
>>
>>72096942

>WHERE ARE MY POINTS DUMBLESHIT!!!!!!
>>
>>72098569
he saves harry and their lives in malfoys manor...he is redeemed because he turns out not to be evil after not killing dumbledore

>>72097458
you were really supposes to feel bad for him given that the only way he could prove himself was by doing something which all along was against his nature
>>
>>72097546
huh they should have kept that little bit
>>
>>72097563
Plz tell me that is a meme image fit only for stirring shit. So many inaccuracies I cant help but be triggered.
>>
The malfoy family should've been fucking nuremburg'd after the whole event.

They got away with being nazis and nazi sympathisers for years
>>
>>72096942
victim of a poor writer
>>
>>72101389
Jesus christ you are new AS FUCK holy shit
>>
File: christoph-waltz.jpg (41 KB, 480x540) Image search: [Google]
christoph-waltz.jpg
41 KB, 480x540
>>72096942
Is that Christoph Waltz's son?
>>
>>72096942
he is just the classic movie foil

nothing more nothing less
>>
>>72102095
actually it is. You thought you were being a memer but you stumbled upon truth.
>>
>>72102063
Plz sir
>>
>>72101389
its been posted in every single thread. its stale at this point
>>
>>72099090
top kek
>>
fodder for tumblrite fangirls
>>
Began as a way to introduce the Nazi shit in a direct and meaningful way when the gang were still schoolkids.

Was made redundant by the gorillion other Death Eaters introduced and characterized in the later books, because Rowling is a shit writer.
>>
>>72096942
THIS FUCKING CHARACTER had so much potential. He was built up to be Harry's nemesis since book one and that premise just faded with every new book.
I've always wanted him to redeem himself, like really redeem himself and not becoming passive enough to not be an active enemy anymore.
There was also so much tension between him and Hermione, I really thought they were gonna get together at some point.
>>
>>72096942
>JK Rowling can't write boys

Gosh, who would have ever guessed?
>>
Blonde, white males are evil.

Haven't you ever seen a movie? Why are there so few blonde leads?

Really makes you think.
>>
File: S5mZyPmHVjxx.jpg (77 KB, 650x410) Image search: [Google]
S5mZyPmHVjxx.jpg
77 KB, 650x410
>>72096942
why was doby and old doby slaves if they can teleport and defeat powerful wizards easily without using wands?
>>
He helped give more insight into the mind of the Death Eaters and other Voldemort supporters. Without him the bad guys would be a lot more cartoonishly evil.
>>
>>72097563
Based Harold
>>
>>72096942
exactly
>>
>>72104545
for the same reason indian people shit on the ground

it's all they've ever known and change is scary
>>
>>72103584
bromance between harry and ron was bretty good.

all the male characters were quite whiny though. which i spose boys generally are at that age
>>
DUDE NAZIS ARE BETA KEKS LMAO

or something
>>
>>72096942
So his son could go on to get a play written about him, really makes you think
>>
>>72101403
#NotAllMalfoys
>>
>>72097563
Atlas sucked gatsby sucked. who made this picture. 1984 is lame tier
>>
File: 1468102540095.jpg (20 KB, 243x253) Image search: [Google]
1468102540095.jpg
20 KB, 243x253
>>72102125
Do you think he ever put his schnitzel in Malfoy's fritzel?
>>
>>72097563
>crime and punishment not listed
>>
>>72097563
>The stranger
>god-tier

How many books have those who agree even read? 20?
>>
>>72106890
Exactly, The Plague is the superior Camus
>>
>>72099090
Dumble should've just given him the fucking points.
>>
File: 1466594187058.jpg (75 KB, 767x1024) Image search: [Google]
1466594187058.jpg
75 KB, 767x1024
>>72099090

Have six points, kiddo
>>
>>72107361
>Not hollow points
You fucked it up
>>
>>72099090

>"However? HOWEVER?? DID YOU THINK I FORGOT DID YOU REALLY THINK I FUCKING FORGOT? I'LL SHOW YOU HOWEVER YOU CRINKLY FAGGOT"
>>
I remember Rowling saying she planned for him to redeem himself, but so many people clamored for it due to Draco's unexpected popularity that she decided to just keep him a weasely weakling because it was more unexpected.
>>
>>72097563
oh hey Quentyn! Did you learned what High-Fantasy is already or are you still comparing random books with what your teacher is forcing you to read this time.
>>
>>72101389
It's a teenager manlet called Quentyn who shitpost on multiple boards with pastas. His feats include:

>being a known, confirmed manlet
>getting really triggered at asoiaf, weed and the
3ds
>admitting to be a pedophile and hating anime because he believes is what turned him into one.
>>
>>72096942
>If Draco had been a girl the series would have had a total tonal shift

JK a shit.
>>
>>72096942
That's what your parents said about you
>>
>>72108243
Don't forget the time someone called the police saying he was going to shoot up his school
>>
>>72104545

they liked it.

>>72108308

kek
>>
He existed to be an early game boss
>>
>>72096942

He was the Edward Cullen before Twilight came to be, and essentially served the same purpose.

So that edgy teens could get wet over him.
>>
What's the lewdest Harry Potter fanfic. Asking out of curiosity.
>>
>>72108779
My Immortal
>>
>>72097563
>has been indistinguishable from the others. >the series’ only consistency has been
way to contradict yourself in the same paragraph
>>
>>72110630
all of the films a very different if you actually watch them
>>
Draco was a pussy the whole time. Bellatrix Lestrange kept my cock hard.
>>
>>72097142
This makes me wonder how WWII affected the wizard world in the HP universe, especially the Nazis and the German wizards. I could see them working with Himmler and his black sun occult stuff.
>>
>>72096942
He represented rising above trivial childhood bullshit and seeing the bigger picture.
>>
>>72108691
>edward cullen
>edgy

at least learn to use your buzzwords correctly before memeing
>>
>>72096942
Damn shame, he had so much promise. I thought he gonna be the Vegeta of HP but he turned into Raditz
>>
>>72099090

>Yes, yes, I understand Draco.. Voldemort instructed you to kill me.

>However...
>>
>>72096942
sexual awakening material for underraged girls basically
>>
>>72097563
I agree that harry potter is shit. All the men in it are ineffective beta males. Nothing anything Harry does really has much consequence. And he only defeats voldemort with some lame reflect spell, one of the lamest cliches one could write.
>>
>>72097563
>ATLAS SHRUGGED

AT-FUCKING-LAS SHRUGGED
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>les mis
lel

This is a picture made to bait /lit/, they're all "i pretend to read books but actually don't" -tier
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.