[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STRANGER THINGS MEGA WEEKEND THREAD - PART 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: Stranger-Things-poster.jpg (203 KB, 914x1354) Image search: [Google]
Stranger-Things-poster.jpg
203 KB, 914x1354
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9EkMc79ZSU

As of right now, here are the current season packs available online. Use the filenames to pick the release you want. NTb is the best quality so far. 4K is almost done behind uploaded by NTb.

>Stranger.Things.S01.1080p.NF.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-NTb (25GB)
>Stranger.Things.S01.1080p.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-SKGTV (24GB)
>Stranger.Things.S01.720p.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-SKGTV (9GB)
>Stranger.Things.S01.720p.NF.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-NTb (12GB)
>Stranger.Things.S01.NF.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-BTW (4GB)
>Stranger.Things.S01.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-TURBO (2GB)

So far, /tv/ thinks this is one of the better shows Netflix has produced, but it's not without it's flaws. What do you think?
>>
behind = being
>>
boooooooorrriiing
>>
Enormously, pleasantly surprised. Really solid. Obviously a pastiche of so many influences but put to good effect. Sort of wish I saved some episodes for today instead of rushing through em yesterday.

The kids were awesome and felt realistic, El a cute, music was good, Hop is based and should be Will's new dad.
>>
File: 1455308794200.png (688 KB, 460x628) Image search: [Google]
1455308794200.png
688 KB, 460x628
>You didn't spend your childhood rescuing your friend from an extradimensional monster
>You didn't spend your chidhood befriending a girl with psychic powers
>>
Just finished watching them all now, my only disappointment was how they dealt with Nancy's friend's storyline, she seemed to just be kind of forgotten. No scene telling the parents, no closure.
>>
did el orgasm when she got kissed?
>>
>>72093942
>>You didn't spend your chidhood befriending a girl with psychic powers

for a couple days there, Mike was living the life
>>
>DUDE THIS SHOW IS X MEETS Y WITH SPRINKLES OF Z

okay i get it now fuck off and stop shilling this trash please
>>
File: MikeElevenKiss.webm (2 MB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
MikeElevenKiss.webm
2 MB, 1280x640
She's alive, right?
>>
>>72094031
*blinks once for yes*
>>
>>72093661
KISS YOUR MOM NIGHT FOR ME
>>
>>72094031
Mike would never kiss her if she was wearing the wig right? He's that kind of boy isn't he?
>>
File: Why.jpg (23 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
Why.jpg
23 KB, 288x499
>Hop just waltzes into a secret government mad science lab
>Gets caught
>Later tries to pull the exact same plan again
>Gets caught immediately

Is he retarded?
>>
File: eleven.jpg (47 KB, 957x836) Image search: [Google]
eleven.jpg
47 KB, 957x836
El a cute desu!
>>
>>72094003
You seriously have autism. Get medication.
>>
>>72094159
i loved how he said she's pretty without it
>>
>>72094170
desperate
>>
>>72094170
I think he thought
>hey there all out here looking for the girl i bet i can sneak in easier this time
>>
File: Respect Intensifies.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
Respect Intensifies.gif
2 MB, 235x240
>Nancy stays with the Chad instead of getting together with the creepy stalker autist
>Chief and single mom don't hook up

Nice when they avoided those cliches desu
>>
>>72094266
They're saving that for season 2
>>
>>72094266
too bad about the love interest having to die
>>
>>72094266
chad was a bro tbqh. he literally saved the day.
>>
File: slug.png (660 KB, 1280x642) Image search: [Google]
slug.png
660 KB, 1280x642
Yes, yes, well done nerds, well done nerds

HOWEVER
>>
el a cute https://youtu.be/NOfpUO_1L4c
>>
>>72094326

That's what was so refreshing, senpai. He wasn't a one-dimension asshole who gets dumped for the misunderstood loner like in most movies.
>>
>>72094393
:3
>>
>>72094326
redemption arcs always trump "this guys a dickhead and that's all there is to it"
>>
>government brutally murders innocent diner owner because he saw El
>Hopper sees everything in the lab and they let him go, planting a bug in his home
>>
whys she so perfect bros? i havent felt this warm inside since i saw natalie portman in the professional
>>
>>72094482
hopper is a higher value target and can be considered to know more people and possibly be collaborating. but it was still strange. I guess they hoped he'd lead them to el. Whereas the diner owner had finished his usefulness.
>>
>>72094482

Police chief going missing while investigating the shady government lab would look pretty suspicious desu
>>
>only the autopsy coroner gets arrested

wut
>>
>>72094482
Too many dead bodies is suspicious and the Chief of Police is a dead body that would raise too many questions. Also yeah, it was just really convenient.
>>
>>72094497
she just is desu :3c

do you think in the directors cut we'll get the full frontal scene?
>>
Anyone have a webm of lucas shooting the monster
>tfw you roll a d20
>>
why did el like being picked up so much?
>>
ill wait for yify, ty
>>
>kid can snap necks/burst brains with her mind
>lets just run at her in close quarters instead of using a tranquilizer from a distance or some other less obvious method.

like the lady posing as child services could have just not shot the diner guy, then got close enough to the girl to place a fentanil patch on her arm putting her to sleep or something. fucking retarded that she would shooter the diner guy thus spooking the child.
>>
>>72094003
This
The Babadook/It Follow-tier shilling alone makes me not want to touch this. What you're doing is counterproductive
>>
I don't want a second season. They wrapped everything up nicely.
>>
>>72094682
i realized the flaw in this is that the girl might recognize the lady. send someone the girl doesnt recognize then.
>>
Why did Hop go into those guys car and was he leaving food for El? How can she access it if she's now the guardian of Ayylmao realm
>>
>40 replies
>17 posters
>4th identical thread
These blatant shill threads should be bannable
>>
>>72094707
if it ended without the obvious second season bait of the kid coughing up slugs, I would agree. But it didn't so now I want a conclusion. And luckily we're getting just that.
>>
>>72094707
It's fine if they make it an anthology series. Self contained and keeps aspects of each season mysterious
>>
>>72094210
He's not entirely wrong. These constant ''official'' type threads with links and stuff in the OP does look kinda shilly.
>>
>>72094786
Never even noticed it until you autistically pointed it out. Its a current quality show and its going to be discussed. Also please stop talking about yourself in the third person.
>>
>>72094748
>People want to discuss a popular new show
>SHILLS! YOU'RE FUCKING SHILLS!

You need to go back to /v/ and then kill yourself tonight.
>>
>>72094786
No one is making you read them you tard.
>>
>>72094786
this, it screams reddit or typical forums.

start the thread with a pic of best girl and let it be :3c
>>
>>72094786
>links to torrent sites
>shills
>>
>>72094873
That's not Barb the thicc goddess.
>>
Why did Mike jump? Was he retarded?
>>
File: 1444874855130.jpg (87 KB, 720x732) Image search: [Google]
1444874855130.jpg
87 KB, 720x732
The show is really solid, reminded me of Elfen Lied, but its the kind of show that almost always goes to shit in season 2
>>
>>72094920
he knew el would save him :3c
>>
Just filter the word shill and you'll never see another fat neckbearded manbaby /v/eddit post again.
>>
>>72094930
as long as they don't ruin the characters I think they can do it. i hope they don't do the shitty sequel standard of just make it bigger!

>government quarantines the whole town and we get some E.T./the dome type shit
>>
That OP "cover art" is so perfect you could imagine that being on a VHS tape you had as a kid
>>
>>72094730
he entered their cars because they knew about the deal he made with the guys who ran that facility and probably wanted to strike a new deal because he's pretty much the only one who's survived a trip to the shadow realm
don't know about the food tho, could be eleven but that would imply that someone told him about her still being alive which would either suggest that they have other people like eleven that located her or that she's been captured by the facility men
the latter seems the most unlikely tho
>>
>ywn watch the Thing with an Asian qt and explain to her how they did the special effects
JUST
>>
>was originally supposed to take place in Montauk on Long Island

Damn that couldve been comfy. Long Island in the 80s was something else.
>>
>nancy used barb for a ride to the party then left her to get devoured by a monster so she could go upstairs and get fucked like a dirty whore by chad

how was nancy not a villain?
>>
>>72095026
He specifically left Eggos. It's definitely Eleven
>>
>>72095038
>ywn watch The Thing with a qt teacher as he explains how they did the special effects to you
jdimsa
>>
How is this show SJW? Someone said it got really SJW by the end so I thought Will would've kissed Mike at the end, which would've been cute, but that didn't happen. Also why are Mr. Clarke and Hopp so great?
>>
finale was fucking retarded
>>
>Will being gay goes nowhere
>>
>>72094856
>69 replies
>25 posters

>>"People want to discuss a popular new show"
This is shilling fanwankery, m8
Reported
>>
>you will never grow up in a comfy small town in the 80s
>>
>>72095218
only gays can ger pregnant stupid
>>
>>72095237
Announcing your reports is a global rule and bannable offense on 4chan but you wouldnt know that my redditor friend.
>>
>>72095237
Question:
What does it look like for you when people have genuine interest in something?
Everyone leaves one comment and then never engage in the thread again?
>>
>>72095237
>people interested in show discuss the show in one contained thread
>S-STOP THIS
>>
>>72095004
>El with the help of the flowermonsters trashes the bad guys

cant wait for season 2!
>>
>>72093661
In spain we have the entire season on netflix how the fuck you are in the episode 1
>>
>>72095301
Genuine, unironic interest or enjoyment is passé now. Media only exists to be snidely made fun of. It's 2016.
>>
File: image.jpg (404 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
404 KB, 2048x2048
>>72093951
Yeah, that struck me as some bullshit. You show the sucked-dry slime-covered corpse of a kid and that...just never shows up again?

I hope, if there is a next season, that Will still being able to communicate with the Upside Down leads to him meeting El. That'd be neat.

Also was pic related intentional, given how that scene played out?
>>
Should season 2 have another monster?
>>
>>72095237
Just letting you know that every single time you post I'm going to make a new thread.
>>
>>72095336
This, i'm here in Spain too, but Matthew Modine's character has a funky, bushy mustache. Is it like this in the US version?
>>
I hope these kids gets an oscar together.

I mean, there's a black guy as well, so it has to win now, right?

El was so damn cute and I'm not even gay.
>>
>>72095344
>el helps mike and the gang find will
>will helps mike and the gang find el

POTTERY
>>
>>72094682
It was just a plot contrivance to show the bad guys were serious business.
>>
>>72095344
Maybe, yeah. Lot of visual allusions throughout.

Also the Barbara thing was funny and likely intentional. Playing off the tropes of the ugly, disposable friend whose life is worth less than the plucky protag.
>>
>>72095343
>t. contrarian teenager

Isn't there a letterboxd thread where you can circlejerk with the other patricians?
>>
>>72095357
no it should become a slice of life young romance but also feature the continuously deterioating condition of will and the struggle to save him.
>>
>>72095218
Not this faggot again. Just because bullies called him faggot does not make him one you fucking idiot.
>>
>>72095431
>>el helps mike and the gang find will
>>will helps mike and the gang find el
>POTTERY

damn...
>>
>>72095357
Season 2 should be about trying to find El in the Bizarro world. Maybe some Chief and Winona trying to figure out what the fuck was in that egg.
>>
>>72095038
science teacher had kids trying to fuck his game up.
>>
>>72095451
the way they followed the cliches to a t with barb pissed me off than the cliches they nullified with the teacher being cool and the slut getting back with chad.
>>
>>72095451
I bet tumblr splooged their granny panties when they saw Barbara.

But little do they know of the 70s/80s movies.
>>
the show sucked

the kid actors were awful. el was okay but she barely had to speak.

winona was atrocious.

the ending was retarded.

you have shit taste if you give this show anything above a 6/10.
>>
>>72095431
Dude, fuck. That works so naturally, it's fucking great.
>>
barbara looked like young charlize theron. but way thiccer
>>
>>72095544
The only thing I kinda agree with is Winona. She wasn't terrible, but she definitely overdid it with the granny-acting. How old was she supposed to be anyway?
>>
>>72095624
She was fine and looked/acted the part of a grieving mom. It's tough material to work with as it's kinda one dimensional.
>>
the first four episodes were fucking intense but it couldn't stick the landing imo
>>
SLUTTY WHORE
>>
>>72095666
Satan digits automatically negate your post. Therefore my point stands, she overdid it.
>>
File: 1468769774210.webm (3 MB, 840x416) Image search: [Google]
1468769774210.webm
3 MB, 840x416
>>
>>72095708
Based Chad
>>
I binged through the first six episodes but I kept pausing during the last 2. They revealed everything too early.
>>
I liked it when chad got a beat down.

I liked it when the bully's arm was broke.

I hated that toothless was the smartest person of any group.
>>
File: 2569888.jpg (136 KB, 617x960) Image search: [Google]
2569888.jpg
136 KB, 617x960
For a second there I thought the monster was an interior crocodile aligator driving a chevrolet movie theater
>>
>>72095708
I swear to god, he looks just like Jean Ralphio. Anybody else see it?
>>
Should I stay or should I go?
>>
Is mike sister a monster in disguise? A shapeshifter?

She looked nice from some angles but then another she looked ugly as fuck, really made me think...
>>
>>72095708
the chad needed to die
he needed to get his stupid chad face bit off
>>
>>72095840
She was perfectly cast as a hot but not but hot neighbor type of our collective youth. Awkward, gangly, but qt.
>>
>>72095788
I saw more discount Andrew Garfield but yeah I could see that.

Jonathan looked like Dane Dehaan a bit.
>>
>>72095696
It has the same problem as a lot of "mystery" type dramas, it does a good job of making the central mystery seem engaging at first but it's much harder to actual make the reveal satisfying towards the end of the series.

That cgi monster was fucking terrible to such a degree that I'm still pretty floored that there isn't more criticism of it. Also, nothing about it made sense and it getting debilitated by a kid hitting it with a slingshot after machine guns did nothing to it was pretty cringey.
>>
Anyone found weird that Hopper just made the "deal" and really revealed to Brenner and his boys the location of the kids/El?
>>
>>72095921
>Also, nothing about it made sense and it getting debilitated by a kid hitting it with a slingshot after machine guns did nothing to it was pretty cringey.

u realize that was el using her powers right?
>>
>>72095921
I don't remember the slingshot doing dick to it.
>>
>>72095708

What did she do wrong?
>>
>ywn have a comfy AV teacher and mentor like Mr. Clarke
>>
>>72095921

The slingshots were not doing shit. The girl saved then.

Yeah the cgi destroyed my immersion. Fucking ugly.
>>
>>72095921
El propelled the rock after it was shot
>>
File: Swiss-Toni-800x450.jpg (107 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Swiss-Toni-800x450.jpg
107 KB, 800x450
>>72095708
Based Swiss Toni
>>
>>72095952
Yeah that was strange, I thought he was gonna give them a false location.
>>
>>72095716
kek
>>
>>
Also, the main cop's arc from depressed fuckup to John Cena style special forces badass was fucking retarded.
>>
Quick think of a better monster design that would have saved this show.
>>
>>72096053
Thanks for dropping your own dox and making it easy on me yuropeasant.
>>
>>72095952
Yeah, but there's more to it
>>
i dont care if the show is good, its popular on reddit so its shit and i dont like it
>>
>>72096053
lol
>>
>>72093661

jesus fucking christ. this shit looks better than 99% of hollywood movies that have been released this year

considering the falling box office ticket sales, shows like this are definitely going to take over the market. hollywood doesn't know how to make movies anymore anyway

>shit pacing in most movies
>shitty story most of the time
>shit cgi

might as well keep it to series format then
>>
I just don't get the end, why did the kid go back to the dimension in the bathroom?
>>
>>72095708
>She stayed with Chad
This is NOT ok, that's not how 80s movie are supposed to end. Chad is supposed to get killed by the monster or get covered in goo while everybody laughs, preferably both.
>>
File: winona_ST conf 2016_21.jpg (346 KB, 1673x2500) Image search: [Google]
winona_ST conf 2016_21.jpg
346 KB, 1673x2500
>hey anon glad you liked it!
>>
>>72096080

>Used to be a well-adjusted guy
>Lost his daughter
>Became a self-loathing alcoholic fuckup
>Has the chance to save someone else's kid
>Shapes up and throws himself 100% into the case

Made sense to me
>>
>>72096053
I didn't mind her small frame but combined with her monstrous jaw made me think she was some sort of necromancer's creation sent eat the town's children
>>
>>72095921
How did you not get the clear DnD reference they set up at the start of the fucking series? Damn dude.
>>
>>72096127
a monster baby is growing inside of him

the monsters have the power to move between worlds
>>
>>72096127
It impregnanted him. He birthed at least one new creature. He also likely still has some connection to hat realm.
>>
>>72095758
I think they could have got on fine without revealling anything at all

>the kids go on an adventure in the woods and have a subplot with eleven
>the adults try and deal with the grim realities of losing a child while winona loses her mind about this shadow realm where her son is
>people around town keep disappearing, nobody knows why, some show up again too traumatized to remember were they've been, others vanish forever
>eleven eventually causes a bunch of shit with the g-men in town and she escapes, no explanation given who she was or who the g-men were
>at the end of the season, when things are at their most bleak, will appears, out of nowhere, and then all the weird stuff stops happening and life goes on
>nobody really has any idea what happened to their town during that winter in 1983...

I mean, the answers they provided weren't really that satisfying, and it was at its best when we, the audience, don't know shit

imo the upside down world bit was kinda tacky
>>
>>72096127
The monster could hop bewteen dimensions and he's pregnant or becoming some sort of hybrid
>>
Netflix shills are working hard today. Here and on reddit
>>
>>72096154
Same, also he was a "big city cop" before so he likely dealt with some shit in the NYPD
>>
/k/ here

I found it great that they just used pistol caliber smgs (as was so popular in the 80s), and how it had little effect.

Now, if i were the US goverment, i would have sent teams in with more heavy weapons. He did react to getting hit, a few .50s or hell, a mk.19 would have chopped that fucker up.

Then you got an entry point into the USSR at any point of your chooseing, infinte scouting of infinstructure and actual floor layouts (invaluable for espionage)...IF you could figure out how the monster does it.
>>
>>72096219
>summer is here
>>
>>72096219
Im going to create a thread after this one dies just because you posted this.
>>
File: 1463804771714.gif (2 MB, 331x197) Image search: [Google]
1463804771714.gif
2 MB, 331x197
>>72096105
>>
>>72096185
>>72096196
>>72096218
Ah yeah, how could I forget the egg.

Atleast we may get the chance to see Al again next season.
>>
>>72096246
they could have just captured it with a large steelwire net and hauled it back to the normal world. the problem is stopping it shifting between worlds to escape, because it can move between worlds under pressure and stress like when it was on fire.
>>
>>72096113
Literally /tv/ the post
>>
File: grimdarkgrimdark.jpg (323 KB, 1200x1440) Image search: [Google]
grimdarkgrimdark.jpg
323 KB, 1200x1440
>>72096246
>Fucking with other dimensions

This is always such a great idea.
>>
>>72096127
IT'S THE THING
>>
also does anybody else think it was a metaphor for autism?
>>
>>72096328
Oh, the trick is to have a team in the exact same place in the real world as they away team.

Hit that fucker from both worlds.

Plus, there is the difference between being on fire, and takeing multiple 40mm HEDP at 40 rounds a minute.
>>
How was the creature so good at going back and forth between dimensions if it couldn't do it before El opened the gate? If it were it's natural ability surely it would've been doing it before El made contact
>>
>>72096080
They implied a few times he was a former hotshot city cop, and a big tough guy like that could easily have been in the marines or rangers in 'Nam.
>>
>>72096428
wish it gave me more powers then just making my mom hate me
>>
>>72096486

It probably went to other dimensions all the time before El contacted it. It only became aware of our dimension once El found it.
>>
>get Winona Ryder
>stick her into a one note role

>get Matthew Modine
>give him nothing to do
>>
Doesn't deserve the praise it's been given, 7/10 series though. It's not bad, but it's not the second coming of Christ like some people are making it out to be. Take off the nostalgia goggles and it's very cliche and brings nothing truly original. Characters never really developed that much either. The child-acting was ok, but it was noticeably bad at times, especially the black kid. Honestly, I can't even remember the names of 80% of the characters outside of the byers family.
>>
>>72096507
I was talking about that scene where she's talking to Will through the walls, and how Will is stuck in a dark shadowy world that looks exactly the same but is all grimdark and decaying and shit, so then Winona gets that axe and pounds out that wall but then there's no Will behind it, it's just like a hole in the wall and there's nothing outside

that's deep, man
>>
So will this show be going the way of America horror story? Where every season will have something new?

If so this show will get stale fast
>>
>>72096729
no, it's not an anthology show
>>
Anyone else get a House of Leaves vibe from this?
>>
>>72096452
Too bad her face looks like she has cancer
>>
>>72096751
I bought that book a year ago, still haven't gotten round to reading it.
>>
>>72096486
>>72096544
More importantly, what was it eating when El first touched it?

Is this where people go when they go missing inna woods?
>>
>nancy ends up with the chad in the end anyways
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>72096428
I didnt while watching it but it's an apt metaphor...
>>
>>72096750
Really that's gayyy
>>
>>72096831
He was ok. The two douches he was hanging with were a bad influence.
>>
File: 1454445798204.jpg (20 KB, 211x211) Image search: [Google]
1454445798204.jpg
20 KB, 211x211
>>72096452
fucking thick
>>
>boom boom boom
>it's the demogorgon

>boom boom boom
>it's eleven

foreshadowing?
>>
File: h h n n g g .png (517 KB, 1012x569) Image search: [Google]
h h n n g g .png
517 KB, 1012x569
>"The hope is that it feels satisfying but that we left room and that if people respond to it we can go back into this world. But if we do get to go back, it’s not a second season as much as a sequel."
>>
>>72096831

>Girl would rather end up with Chad than the creepy guy who takes pictures of her swimming

I enjoyed the realism
>>
>>72096452
is this jellybeannose?
>>
>>72096890
enjoy brother
https://youtu.be/T8GhGSsMaqg
>>
>>72096165
lucky crit
>>
>>72096920
>it’s not a second season as much as a sequel."
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>72096831
Thats the rule of nature. Chad wins. Learn to except it and your life will improve.
>>
>>72096920
>as much as a sequel
does this mean that THICC is coming back?
>>
File: 1418224944115.png (82 KB, 400x298) Image search: [Google]
1418224944115.png
82 KB, 400x298
>>72097022
>learn to except it
>>
>>72096946
This will be used for later research purpose anon
>>
File: lead_960[1].jpg (196 KB, 960x678) Image search: [Google]
lead_960[1].jpg
196 KB, 960x678
>>72096801
There's a lot of layers to it, but the central story has a lot of surface-level similarities to Stranger Things.
>>
>>72096975
same world different story maybe
>>
>>72097129
accept***
>>
do you think john carpenter's music would've been better fit for this series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=392by2UoOX4
>>
File: michael-scott.gif (1 MB, 300x167) Image search: [Google]
michael-scott.gif
1 MB, 300x167
>Even though the only times he's been nice to her is when he wanted to fuck, Nancy ends up with Ethan Bradberry anyways.
>>
>>72097255
>he saved her and jonathon and showed he didn't care solely about himself
>>
>Netflix representatives say a Season 2 renewal for Stranger Things is “not confirmed” at this time, though a new interview with interview with French magazine Premiere sees Matthew Modine saying in no uncertain terms, “it’s a series … oh, there will be a Season 2, yeah.”
>>
>>72097255
He saved her life. Meanwhile Edward Furlong was just a creep.
>>
I thought it was hamfisted when the police secretary lady was telling nancy that jonathon must have done it for love. I thought it seemed obvious he did it because they were insulting his possibly dead brother.
>>
>finished season and loved it, thought it was great
>read /tv/ reaction to it
>now I think it was just "pretty good with some flaws"
Why does this happen. Am I just coming down from the initial high of watching a new show?
>>
>>72094170
I mean, to be fair, with all the shit going in and out of that place their security fucking sucked.
>>
File: untitled1.png (1 MB, 1023x892) Image search: [Google]
untitled1.png
1 MB, 1023x892
>>72097245
>the opening of the first song
>>
milking off that 80s vibe
>>
>>72097255
Fucking Chad. I was hoping she'd just end up in the middle. I didn't want her to end up with the outsider, but having one act of redemption just hit the reset button on their relationship was just as trash.
>>
>>72097289
considering netflix has literally never canceled a show after 1 season it seems a safe bet
>>
>>72097326
It wasnt hamfisted, the line meant she was just assuming that it was puppy love and their relationship was actually much different, and stranger than that. Monsters, dead upside-down world brothers.
>>
THE MIST - The Show
>>
>>72097353
>Am I just coming down from the initial high of watching a new show?
yes
>>
File: vhs.jpg (283 KB, 982x768) Image search: [Google]
vhs.jpg
283 KB, 982x768
>>72095022
>>
>>72097353
Avoid this place. They can't enjoy things
>>
File: dont question me.gif (2 MB, 214x193) Image search: [Google]
dont question me.gif
2 MB, 214x193
>>72097469
>The Mist - The Show
>No mist in the show
>>
>>72097353
For /tv/ standards it's enormously well received. Detractors seem dumb or memeing mostly. Having said that, I liked it a lot, sure it's great, but it's not flawless, whatever. It was a fun, compelling 8 hours and an awesome world. Stoked for next season/sequel.
>>
>>72095038
GOAT supporting character.
>>
>>72097255
>only times
>guy thinks he's playing a girl like a fiddle
>sees her with other guy
>gets mad as fuck and calls her slut
>tries and fails to beat the shit out of the other guy
>tells friends to fuck off for calling her shitty things
>sees the error of his ways and cleans up his act
>potentially saves the day by wounding the mushroom man
why wouldn't she want to be with him now that he's a better man?
>>
>>72096975
Steve was a Beta in Alphas Clothing. Afraid of his parents, Afraid of what his "friends" thought about him and who he chose to date. He got rekt by the weirdo creep and backed down against pizzaface manlet.

I still thinks its pretty fucking dumb that the broad got back with him after all that development with Jonathan and the Movie Theater sign.

>>72097386 This anon puts it nicely. It just seemed a little odd that they focused so much time developing that relationship and then just pulled a complete 180 especially when they spent so much time during the middle episodes fleshing out their relationship while other more important characters didnt get nearly as much.
>>
What's the difference between a season 2 and a sequel?
>>
>>72097512
>an entire foggy dimension
>>
>>72097477
I really, really like this box art
>>
>>72096142
I'm glad it wasn't predictable.
>>
>>72097590
take it, it's yours friend
>>
is modern 21 century so boring that they have to actually try to capture the essence of another decade?

and what is it with all the famous movies coming out at once? we fucking get it, you're in the 80s, senpai.
>>
>>72097570
So Silent Hill.
>>
>>72097569
I believe the implication is that it will tell another complete story that can stand on its own like this season did. There weren't a bunch of plot threads left hanging apart from the sequel-hook ending.
>>
>>72097556
Why did he never stop to clean his face? This bothered me the most.
>>
>>72097621
something like letting your kid bike home at dark would seem really out of place in a contemporary show.
>>
Season 2 is going to be about bodysnatching slug monsters. Should be fun.
>>
El still alive or no? i won't watch s2 if shes gone
>>
>>72095716
fantastic
>>
>>72097645
I think they can have a different cast and story with reoccurring charicters tieing it all together.
>>
>>72097629
didn't have a silent hill vibe, but it did have a The Mist vibe, the boring part was that it was just one monster. it doesn't make sense, real state must be really cheap there.
>>
>>72097621
>is modern 21 century so boring that they have to actually try to capture the essence of another decade?
Yes.
>>
>>72095431
KINO
>>
>>72097621
We live in it so yes it's boring.
>>
>>72097680
she's alive, she just teleported to the shadow realm and back to avoid the g-men
>>
>>72097667
yeah but I mean, why not try to create something contemporary with 10s kids? if you take all that 80s vibe away the show becomes a 5 or a 6 desu
>>
>>72097621
Every generation and the art thereof looks backwards a couple decades. 70s and 80s looked back at the 40s and 50s, 50s looked back at the 20s.
>>
>>72093661
Is it scary? I don't like horror
>>
>>72095716
Purest Kino
Thank you for enriching my life
>>
>>72097764
Not really. It's "80s kid movie" scary. Has a Stephen King vibe to it.
>>
>>72097764
Only if you think movies like ET and Close Encounters are scurry.
>>
>>72097747
>70s and 80s looked back at the 40s and 50s, 50s looked back at the 20s
can you show some examples?
>>
>>72097819
Back to the Future
>>
>>72097819
google New Hollywood
>>
>>72097819
Chinatown
>>
>>72097819
any war movies
>>
>>72097819
the 90's was pretty much just the 60's with shittier drugs and music
>>
File: Eggos for El.jpg (100 KB, 1803x905) Image search: [Google]
Eggos for El.jpg
100 KB, 1803x905
She's still alive, right guys? ;_;
>>
>>72097819
today is pretty much just the 90's with shittier drugs and music
>>
>>72097943
our weed is a lot better
>>
>>72097918
where can I buy eggos in australi?

asking for a friend
>>
>>72097847
>>72097857
>>72097862
>>72097899
>>72097901
not feeling it the way these shows are made. it clearly takes advantage of being an homage to 80s horror films, if you try to pull this show off with a 21th century setting it fails completely
>>
>>72097398
What about that show with the town where all the adults died that they tried releasing new episodes every week instead of all at once?
>>
>>72094482
>>72094549
Well he did kinda lead them to el when he walkied the kids when they were in the bus
>>
>>72097999
that wasn't a netflix original, they just bought the distribution rights to some Canadian show.
>>
>>72097813
>>72097809
K cool
>>
>>72097998
so what
>>
>>72098019
I just checked and apparently the second season came out on the 1st and nobody cared about it
>>
>>72098066
so it's plastic shit, it's a whore with makeup.
>>
So is Hopp going to be some kind of government-backed monster hunter in season 2?
>>
Just finished season 1 and now I'm sad. Gonna have to wait a year before s2 and they will probably ruin it anyways.
>>
it would have been better if the hole was opened somehow thru some fucked up experiements scientists were doing and eleven was their plan for dimensional defense against the horrors beyond the gateway.
>>
so does the monster have its own dimension? or are there other monsters there as well?
>>
>You will never find first love with a short-haired psychic girl who lives in your basement, eating candy and eggos
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.