[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: spacekino.png (345 KB, 736x566) Image search: [Google]
spacekino.png
345 KB, 736x566
Apologize
>>
Fuck you.

New Star Trek movies are garbage.
>>
The hate that JJ and the new Star Trek films get will always be a mystery to me. They're better than 95% of films in a similar budget range. People judge these movies by the criteria of the original show, rather than by the Star Trek films like Wrath of Kahn, which tended to be much closer to action films than to science fiction.
>>
>>72093497
Kinda. I wonder how the got rated so high, is RT into fanboyism?
>>
>>72093264

Apolgogooggoiisze for what!? My dad told uis not be shamed for the duckes
>>
>>72093700
Nice dubs! It could be, they have certain scores that are blown out, like for most of Marvel's movies which are mostly mediocre to okay at best, and they even gave Ghostbusters 73& and certified fresh then removed it. They have their times when their scores are just terrible.
>>
>>72093700
If RT was into fanboy culture the movies would have been bashed. Their biggest detractors are Star Trek purists
>>
>>72093497
They are better than New Star Wars at least
>>
>>72093791
RT doesn't give out a score. It's an average of how many of the reviews are positive. RT doesn't get to decide what the Washington Post or the New York Times thought of a particular movie.
>>
>>72093811

Shit being better than utter shit isn't something to brag about.
>>
>>72093868
I know, it's a collection of multiple reviews made by multiple critics. It's something similar to Metacritic.
>>
>>72093811
I think they are a lot better. The cast really carries the film.
>>
File: 1468438194623.png (51 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1468438194623.png
51 KB, 1000x1000
>>72093497
>he thinks original Star Trek isn't garbage
>>
>>72093983
First two seasons are great. then it went to shit.
>>
>>72093497
Trekkie piece of shit

go back to your boring treknobabble.
>>
>>72093693
Wrath of Khan isn't an intellectual movie but it had some original ideas, thought provoking themes and a really daring ending. The JJ Trek films get shit because they're pretty dumb and never take any risks. Into Darkness is a dumb, soulless retread of Wrath of Khan.
>>
>>72093264
capeshit in space

dont care
>>
>>72094058
Oh boy! You really got me there, anon, good job! SICK BURNS BRAH!

Eat shit, NEET.
>>
I liked ST09 quite a lot but still haven't bothered to watch STID
>>
I enjoy the old Star Trek TV shows and films but I would never call myself a Trekkie. Anyway, Star Trek 09 is a solid 7/10. It's no Wrath or Khan or The Voyage Home but it doesn't deserve the mountains of shit it gets from Trekkies. Into Darkness is a fucking mess that deserves all of the shit it gets.
>>
>>72094034
All three seasons were good. TNG was also good.
>>
>RT
>Meaning anything since 2007
>>
File: eugh.jpg (14 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
eugh.jpg
14 KB, 251x251
>>72094136
>is a trekkie
>calls other people NEETS
>>
>>72094061
09 Star Trek was crafted with the hero's journey and various other narrative ideas in mind. Just because something doesn't present a philosophical question doesn't make it stupid. The primary purpose of a story isn't to communicate an idea; that's a simplistic, utilitarian notion of what art should be.
>>
>>72094395
>implying that I'm a trekkie
I don't even like it that much, all I like is first two seasons and Wrath Of Khan. Don't know about you, but I go to uni and I'm currently doing a job for which I get 1k dollars a month. What do you do, besides being in your mother's basement all day?
>>
>do way better than Ghostbusters
>not certified fresh
what is Rotten Tomatoes trying to say?
>>
>>72094513
Psh. I don't have basement.
>>
>>72094706
Why even live then?
>>
>>72093264
RT is garbage
>>
>>72094419
You're not wrong but the best Star Trek films mixed together philosophical questions with entertainment so it's disappointing that the JJ Trek films don't even try to present philosophical questions. The hatred they receive is pretty easy to understand, I don't get why it's such a mystery to you.
>>
>>72093264
BvsS was enjoyable, while these movies are truly over produced garbage, and they rank much more higher.

At one point in "into the darkness" the scene with the klingon purple haze reminded me fo the low budget action scenes from some 90's movies.

This is evidence that movie criticism is nothing but jews paying for good scores. It has become just like modern videogame journalism, which is as low as it gets.
>>
>>72094867
It's Batman v Superman, pleb. Take your "vs" nonsense back to /r/Marvel.
>>
>>72093264
I saw ST 1 and 2 in theatres, I thought the story was absolute garbage but the production, actors and stuff were great.

Then I watched the original Star Trek.

These movies are absolute shit and just like TFA they are Star Trek in name only.
>>
>>72094867
if zack snyder's such a genius why didn't he buy some good reviews for his movie?
>>
They aren't that bad. If you got rid of all the unwanted references and they toned the movies down a bit they would be good
>>
>>72094807
09 Trek is Star Wars, and a better Star Wars movie than TFA at that. What I hated about the criticism it received from Trek fans is that it came across as a pretentious way to signal that you were somehow more discerning and refined than the masses who, god fucking forbid, enjoyed a well-made space opera. Star Trek was never Proust; it was popular middle brow tv with a few high budget action movies based off of it.
>>
>>72094513

>$1K dollars a month

I get that much and I don't even work. You're really getting screwed, man.
>>
>>72095408
It's a summer job, just wait 'till I finish uni.
>>
I enjoyed the first two movies and I plan on seeing the third in theater. They're very different from the original series itself or really any other Star Trek outside of maybe DS9 as far as action goes, but they were still enjoyable action movies.

I guess I have a different view of it because I never watched Trek until I saw ST and Into Darkness, and it made me want to go back and finally watch Star Trek. Now I've seen every episode and all of the older movies (with the exception of the last half of Enterprise. I just couldn't finish it). So I can see why old fans wouldn't like them, but I like them for finally getting me into the franchise
>>
This is just not what I think Trek should be.

It should be more of a political thriller about exploration, not an action packed space opera.

They've made it into Star Wars.

Fuck's sake. Captain Kirk is riding a dirtbike on the poster.

No thanks.
>>
>>72096843
Wasn't it bad enough when Picard was driving around in a dune buggy?
>>
>>72094248
>Anyway, Star Trek 09 is a solid 7/10. It's no Wrath or Khan or The Voyage Home but it doesn't deserve the mountains of shit it gets from Trekkies. Into Darkness is a fucking mess that deserves all of the shit it gets.
this
>>
>>72093264
I liked the first one because I thought it gave all the characters a good scene and all the actors did a decent job.

The second one was legit shit
>>
>>72096929
I really regret friends talking me into seeing Into Darkness. It was even worse than I ever expected with the whole souless Wrath Of Kahn remake aspect.
>>
>>72096897

shinzon is a big guy
>>
File: wNt0mv5.png (330 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
wNt0mv5.png
330 KB, 330x319
>>72093264
>RT
>Ghostbusters 2016 73%
g-guys you are all a-amateurs.. I-I swear RT are pure professionals
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.