[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't Hug Me I'm Scared
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: DHMIS Poster.jpg (1023 KB, 1000x1400) Image search: [Google]
DHMIS Poster.jpg
1023 KB, 1000x1400
Are we allowed to talk about this here?
I want to know /tv/'s theories/interpretations.

Do you think it was all in the red guy's head the whole time?
>>
I think it's a show that made a first episode that was alright and then everyone over analysed it. Then they had to keep making episodes that looked like they tied together in some deep overarching plot.
>>
The authors put enough stuff in it so you can interpret it anyway you like.

It's just a very well produced show about torturing puppets.
>>
>>72093151
What? No way.
>>
>>72093151
Yea, but they DID try to make an overarching plot. What do you think it's about?
>>
>>72093220
I dunno the futility of changing your fate?
>>
>>72093275
Why do you think that? Because the notebook appears in the end? The notebook just so happens to be the only teacher to realize how fucked up things were and quit. It only reappeared after the plug was pulled.
Also, in the end, the characters were all their favorite colors they mentioned in the first episode.
>>
>>72093509
Because when red escaped the real world he went into this even more mundane world. Kind of like grass is greener thing. Maybe it's more that you are stuck with what you have but you just need to make the mundane less mundane yourself.

By being creative!
>>
>>72093612
Red didn't escape the real world. When he opened the door, he saw the workings behind the scenes, and that "woke him up" to the real world. The world he had been living in was fake. Or rather, imagined.
>>
Better than Ghostbusters Current Year.
>>
>>72093807
Maybe that's why they interject overly real things into each episode like the body parts or actual physical objects that aren't arts and crafty.

Maybe it's something about escapism
>>
>>72093978
Perhaps. One of the things I've been wondering is about the hearts. I noticed that hearts are mostly depicted as realistic. Except for episode 3, where the traditional heart symbol is used. But if you remember, the red guy was the one who had the heart in the first episode, playing with it in glitter. Was that his own heart that he was trying to make prettier?
>>
>>72093093
What the fuck with 19-06-55???
what happened on 19 june of 1955???
I think the best one is the 4th episodes. The last two episodes were dissapointin 2bh
>>
>>72094331
I think that's the day they were kidnapped? If the time of the recordning as true, and not merely following the same theme as the show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sL9-4fm1kg

It's hard to rank the episodes I think 3 and 4 have the catchiest songs, even though 1, 2, and 5 are plenty catchy themselves.

I think the only episode that doesn't hold up quite as strong, is 6. Only because they went out of their way to be more artsyfartsy than usual, and the dream song is kind of lame.
>>
>>72094688
I kind of forgot they were kidnapped.

That didn't really seem to go anywhere.
>>
>>72094849
Well it makes total sense in the context of a funding campaign. If they didn't get the money, then they would die. So you got to see it play out in real time with the success of the campaign.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.