[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Ned, take my son and claim he's yours. I'm certain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: Lyanna Stark.jpg (9 KB, 270x367) Image search: [Google]
Lyanna Stark.jpg
9 KB, 270x367
>Ned, take my son and claim he's yours. I'm certain Robert will order him killed if he learns about his being a Targaryen, something I base on absolutely nothing since I have no way of knowing that the other Targaryens in King's Landing are dead, and even if I did know that, I would know the Lannisters were the ones who killed them, not the Baratheons. Please don't ask Robert to legitimize 'your' bastard son as a Stark while keeping his real heritage a secret. Don't tell anyone, including and especially your wife whom you love and trust, because I want her to grow to hate him because he represents your perceived infidelity even though she's clearly mature and intelligent enough to understand why you'd claim your sister's son as your own under these circumstances. If there's time, make him eat at another table so that he'll grow up feeling ostracized and alone, and do things like give him the runt in a litter of dire wolves you find. I'd also love it if you could give him a romanticized view of what you know perfectly well is a prison for rapists and murderers. I want him to die alone on the Wall, surrounded by the absolute worst people in Westeros, and have no children of his own. Speaking of which, how did the guards in King's Landing catch a Faceless Man and give him to the Night's Watch? It seems like he should have easily been able to escape at any time instead of needing Arya's help. Anyway, instead of just lying to my son and telling him that you fucked a barmaid and she died in childbirth, make his mother some kind of grand mystery not only for him but for the whole of the North, so that he'll be endlessly tortured by his own psyche by not only being a bastard but a motherless one as well. That way if you die before the time you planned to tell him, either through disease or assassination or the complicated political games that are a part of our world, the only way for him to learn the truth will be time traveling wizard prophecies.
What did she mean by this?
>>
He was a good friend.
>>
>>72090859
She had just given birth and was about to die, it's understandable that she was incoherent.
>>
>>72090859
>Speaking of which, how did the guards in King's Landing catch a Faceless Man and give him to the Night's Watch?
Getting caught was part of his plan.
Otherwise faceless men make zero sense.
>>
>>72090859
Robert wouldn't kill him because he's a Targaryen. He'd kill him specifically for being the son of Rheagar whom he persumed had kidnapped and raped his waifu
>>
File: 1455926003425.jpg (90 KB, 765x772) Image search: [Google]
1455926003425.jpg
90 KB, 765x772
Casual here
I dont get how this is significant at all.
Why should I care if he is half Targaryen?
>>
>>72091104

It ties his fate to Daenerys, for one thing
>>
nobody reply to this thread for it is bait
>>
>>72090859
>I have no way of knowing that the other Targaryens in King's Landing are dead, a
They knew about everything that had happened that's why Dayne attacks Ned.
>>
File: 4NvkzM0.jpg (433 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
4NvkzM0.jpg
433 KB, 2048x1536
>>72090947
Lol
>>
>>72091159
how?
>>
>>72091253
they're siblings and shit
>>
Jon didn't get legitimized not because of this slag but Catelyn
>>
>>72091006
He wanted all the Targayens dead.
>>
isn't Robert kind of insane when it comes to this woman? i don't think he would take the news that his waifu had a son with an enemy of his very well. i think Ned was actually smart in this one. Bobby would have killed Jon.
>>
>>72091285
Half bastard sibling who doesnt know and cant prove it?
Is anyone even aware besides cripple bro crow?
>>
>>72091169
>>72091220
>>72091253
>>72091285
>>72091312
>>72091422

please stop replying right now
>>
>>72091285
>they're siblings and shit
Showfags, everyone
>>
>>72090859
>something I base on absolutely nothing since I have no way of knowing that the other Targaryens in King's Landing are dead

Everyone knew that the war was over once Robert won at the Trident, what happened in King's Landing was irrelevant. Lyanna also knew that Robert had an insane temper, and wouldn't hesitate to kill Jon, either because he genuinely believed that Jon was a rape baby or because he was angry about Lyanna rejecting him.
>>
>>72090859
>make him eat at another table so that he'll grow up feeling ostracized
that literally happend ONCE
>>
>>72091452
We're trying to make sense of this deep well interwoven lore.
>>
>>72091476
pls no bully
>>
>>72090859

From the thumbnail I thought that was a tiny benis on her forehead :/
>>
Wasn't the only thing she told him to do to keep him safe? She said nothing about how he'd do it.
>>
>>72091104
From a book standing his is the Song of Ice and Fire.

In show odds are Rhaegar and Lyanna were married at the Isle of Faces, making Jon the head of House Targaryen and the best claim for the realm.
>>
>>72091513
well as long as it makes you think
>>
>>72090859
can got threads go to their FUCKING containment general PLEASE MODS
>>
>>72090859
>What did she mean by this?

Finally he has become the Song of Ice and Fire
>>
>>72090859
Why wouldn't they know? Dayne hails from Dorne. The martells and the Dornish people fought for the targs. It wouldn't be a surprise if Dayne had contacts running info to him.
>>
>>72091898
:<
>>
File: 1468729370313.jpg (27 KB, 404x475) Image search: [Google]
1468729370313.jpg
27 KB, 404x475
game of thrones is fucking trash
>>
She didn't say anything besides something along the lines of "take care of him." Everything else was what Ned thought the best way of doing that was.

Keep in mind Ned was never really in love with Cat and didn't trust her fully, hence why he might not have told her, and Ned didn't really want this responsibility in the first place, hence why he never legitimized him and instead pawned him off to the Night's Watch at the earliest possible opportunity.
>>
>>72090859
>Ned, take my son and claim he's yours. I'm certain Robert will order him killed if he learns about his being a Targaryen, something I base on absolutely nothing since I have no way of knowing that the other Targaryens in King's Landing are dead
They did know. They spent a long time at the Tower of Joy, lots of time for someone to come with the news.
>and even if I did know that, I would know the Lannisters were the ones who killed them, not the Baratheons.
She might also know the Lannisters presented the children to Robert and Robert approved. In any case, she knows Robert sits the throne now, and that the surviving Targaryens have fled, so any remaining heir is a threat.
>Please don't ask Robert to legitimize 'your' bastard son as a Stark while keeping his real heritage a secret. Don't tell anyone, including and especially your wife whom you love and trust, because I want her to grow to hate him because he represents your perceived infidelity even though she's clearly mature and intelligent enough to understand why you'd claim your sister's son as your own under these circumstances.
Robb and Jon were born around the same time. Legitimizing Jon could easily lead to inheritance conflicts later on. Ned has no idea how Catelyn is going to react, and telling her just because she got mad would defeat the purpose of a promise.
>>
>>72090859
>>72092698
>If there's time, make him eat at another table so that he'll grow up feeling ostracized and alone, and do things like give him the runt in a litter of dire wolves you find.
That's just the culture, why would they have a problem with that? It's not the end of the world, anyway, Ned doesn't let Catelyn get dragged off for a bedding because it only affects them, but letting Jon sit at the high table when there's an important guest might insult important political allies. And there's nothing wrong with Ghost you tard, Ned had nothing to do with that anyway.
>I'd also love it if you could give him a romanticized view of what you know perfectly well is a prison for rapists and murderers.
He doesn't know. Go back and read AGOT. The worst thing he says or thinks about the Night's Watch is that they need more money.
>Speaking of which, how did the guards in King's Landing catch a Faceless Man and give him to the Night's Watch? It seems like he should have easily been able to escape at any time instead of needing Arya's help.
The Faceless Men aren't invincible. They're basically just sneaky. Being sneaky doesn't mean you never get caught, and they can't do shit locked in a cage with manacles on.
>Anyway, instead of just lying to my son and telling him that you fucked a barmaid and she died in childbirth, make his mother some kind of grand mystery not only for him but for the whole of the North, so that he'll be endlessly tortured by his own psyche by not only being a bastard but a motherless one as well.
Waiting until it's safe to tell Jon is better than lying to him. He doesn't know who his mom is, it's not the end of the fucking world. Ned takes good care of him, he can handle a bit of uncertainty until the time is right.
>>
>>72092587
Since when did Ned not love Cat? I never got that inpression.
>>
>>72092698
>>72092902
>He doesn't know. Go back and read AGOT. The worst thing he says or thinks about the Night's Watch is that they need more money.

Aside from the people who actually live at the Wall, the Lord of Winterfell would know better than anyone the kind of scum that get sent there. Not only would he be the first contact for prisoners to be sent up, he would also be the last stop on a recruiting mission before returning to the Wall, meaning he would see everyone going there from other parts of the Seven Kingdoms too.
>>
>>72093227
I'm sure he does know what kind of people get sent up there, but he nonetheless thinks of it as an honorable order. Or at least not as anything but.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.