[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What a boring long mess
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 7-Samurai-01.jpg (441 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
7-Samurai-01.jpg
441 KB, 1920x1080
What a boring long mess
>>
>>72079913
Agree on a part "Long" & Disagree on a part "Mess". If it run more or less 2hours, or up to 2 and half hours, it would been accepted even more. Finally I think your thoughts process is "Mess", dummy !!!
>>
>>72079913
disappointing bait
>>
I was impressed with how sharp it was for a 50s movie. I thought everything shot in that age would look like some 240p shit.
>>
>>72080481
>shot on film
>240p
>>
File: Picture 1.png (554 KB, 1039x797) Image search: [Google]
Picture 1.png
554 KB, 1039x797
>>72079913
fuck you i cried
>>
Without doubt, the most overrated movie of all time.

The ultimate example of everyone forcing themselves to like a movie.
>>
>>72082227
>my taste is superior to everyone else

Oh come on this is the most boring shit bait reply there has ever been. Why don't you try to talk about the actual movie instead.
>>
File: murrican 7.jpg (2 MB, 2855x1374) Image search: [Google]
murrican 7.jpg
2 MB, 2855x1374
>>72079913
SEVEN SAMURAI IS A HORRIBLE MELODRAMATIC TORTUROUS ORDEAL OF A FILM

MAGNIFICENT SEVEN IS SUPERIOR ON ALL LEVELS

THE GLORIOUS WESTERN REMAKE OF SEVEN SAMURAI IS THE BEST EXAMPLE OF THE CULTURE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE WEST AND ASIA
>>
>>72082313
I don't even know what people like about it, it's boring, pretentious, has a stupid tacked on love story and has horrible pacing.

>my taste is superior to everyone else

Why don't you explain why it's good faggot?
>>
Understandable opine. Seven samurai is the original action flick in many respects, and helped form not only the structure of action films to come, but played a big role in the future of cinema in general. But just because it was original and impactful doesn't mean it's still "great" from a contemporary perspective. That's like saying the wright bro's first plane is just as good as a jumbo jet today, if not better.
>>
>>72080481
is this the birth of an epic new meme?
>>
>>72083068
Yes but you killed it. You killed the meme at its first minutes of life.
>>
They perfected it with 13 Assassins.
>>
>>72086031
So I saw 13 Assassins a while ago. And I really enjoyed it, from start to end. Others found it boring to watch, both in the beginning and in the mid-ending (because the fight took too long).
I thought that maybe 7 samurais would be an even better version, but I couldn't bear myself to watch it past some minutes in. It was too boring.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.