[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me it's not you, elmer fudd.....
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Whiplash-6.png (536 KB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
Whiplash-6.png
536 KB, 1280x536
Tell me it's not you, elmer fudd.....
>>
I'm dragon
>>
I think this movie could have been way better if it showed more of Fletchers harrassment towards other band members. Besides fat trombone guy and a gay comment to another, Fletcher only ever harasses the drummers on screen.
>>
>>72076263
drumming is kinda one of the most important functions of a band, the time keeper
>>
>>72076263

Because he saw something in Nieman

Fletcher was a father figure because Nieman's dad was a cuck

The ending is proof.
>>
>>72076286

No, i totally get that, but even though this was centered on Andrew, literally everyone else in the band was completely perfect except the drummers.

I think it would have been cooler to see more fletcher scenes with the other band members over Andrews date scene.
>>
>>72076286
so how exactly is he off tempo if he leads the band? isn't everyone else off tempo for not following the drummer?
>>
>>72075337
i cried when he told them about Sean Casey
>>
>>72076358
>literally everyone else in the band was completely perfect

Yes, because they received the same treatment. Remember Neiman's first day in Fletcher's class? Remember how the very second he walks in, the entire class shuts up, stands up, and faces forward? How when Fletcher's yelling at Elmer Fudd, everyone else has their heads facing the floor, completely silent?
>>
>>72076423

I always wondered if the emotion fletcher was showing was because of the loss of a great musician, or guilt for probably realizing his methods drove the guy to kill himself.
>>
>>72076491
near the end he tells Andrew he didn't feel guilty for pushing people
>>
>>72076358
I may be reading way too much into it but, the whole movie is about how shutting yourself down and obsessing over something, no matter how important and how good that makes you feel, leads you into self destruction.
Andrew doesn't care about anything by the end but himself and his drum, the movie doesn't care for others mistakes because Andrew doesn't care for others mistakes.
There are a couple of ways to read the ending, if Andrew walked alway of it of if it consumed him is a mistery as the movie ends when he achieves perfection, but still, good movie, 8/10, even if my reading is completely fucking retarded i still think this isn't much of a problem.
>>
>>72076657

Did you not pay attention to the dynamic between the two?

His dad was a loser and Nieman wanted to please Fletcher.
>>
>>72076491
The first for sure, Fletcher doesn't care, he sees the ones who give up weak, that guy was good but he wasn't strong enough and Fletcher feels sad for the guy, but he doesn't feel guilty, it's survival of the fittest for him.
It's extreme and destructive, but effective, and that's all he cares about.
>>
>>72076657

Interesting look. I see it more as Andrew doing it specifically to prove fletcher wrong.

>"i guess i was wrong. Maybe you dont have it"

That satisfied look he got seeing fletcher smile makes me think this even more.
>>
>>72076364
That's retarded m8.
Musics have correct rhythms, and if you get out of it you may as well just shit on the original material and create your own music.
>>
>>72076771
the look he gives him is fletcher acknowledging that he has reached a point that even fletcher himself will never get to
>>
File: 1426827386277.jpg (45 KB, 257x293) Image search: [Google]
1426827386277.jpg
45 KB, 257x293
>>72075337
3 years ago, I came across a kid in a practice room working on his cowboy stance. He was early 2nd year and he'd started at the Agency with a lot of hope...like all you guys. But the truth was he was barely called in to begin with and uhh....he was really struggling. The people in charge here were all telling him "Maybe this isn't for you"...but they didn't see what I saw...a scared small guy cursing himself because he couldn't figure out if he should shoot a man before or after throwing him out of a plane. I saw a master plan in him, and I put him in his own Studio Plane. And when he graduated, Ittin made him third agent at the CIA. A year later he was CIA. And that's who you're all dressed as now.

His name was Bill Wilson..... I find out this morning that....Bill....died yesterday...in a plane crash....no survivors. They found him in the wreckage...and uhh..I just....I wanted you guys to know.... that he was a big guy.............I just wanted you guys to know.
>>
>>72076699
did you not see the obvious parallels between neiman and charle parker rise to greatness? read a book
>>
File: 1426472806013.gif (2 MB, 517x349) Image search: [Google]
1426472806013.gif
2 MB, 517x349
>>72075337
I don't think people understood what I was doing on /tv/. I wasn't there to meme. Any fucking redditor can wave his arms and produce a meme. I was there to push people beyond what's expected of them. I believe that is... an absolute necessity. Otherwise, we're depriving the world of the next Bane. The next Sheev. I told you about how Bane became a big guy, right?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.