[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Budget: $144 million Box office: $17.2 million J U S T
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Ghostbusters_2016_film_poster.jpg (101 KB, 259x384) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters_2016_film_poster.jpg
101 KB, 259x384
Budget: $144 million
Box office: $17.2 million

J U S T
>>
17.2 million per day means it will break even in less than 10 days.
>>
>>72069841
Some on shop it so it says GhostJUST.
>>
B U S T E D
>>
>>72069841
no way thats the budget buddy

the commercials were non-stop
>>
>>72069860
who the fuck goes to the movies on monday and tuesday
>>
>>72069908
Not to mention the poor merchandise and toy sales.
>>
>>72069908
That's just production cost. It's going to be at least 500 million to break even per Feig himself. Major bomb.
>>
>>72069908
in an older thread they said that with the publicitary campaing it was nearly 300 million dollars
>>
>>72069860
Because they'll always be consistent everyday
>>
>>72069868
GhostJUSTers and they should all wear the spiky crown of shame.
>>
>>72069860
>thinking its per day
>>
I feel like this movie wouldn't have gotten so much backlash if they had titled it something like "Ghostbusters: Reloaded" instead of just plain ol' Ghostbusters. Maybe James would have had second thoughts about seeing it as well if they did that.
>>
>>72070030

got a link to that? I've never seen the 500 mill number
>>
>>72069841
That's an insane budget for a comedy, and especially for a first movie in a franchise.
>>
>>72070581
>first movie
>ghostbusters
>>
>>72069841
>Box office: $17.2 million
That's one day. The more accurate number is 45-50 million for the weekend. That still sucks, just not as bad as Fant4stic.
>>
>>72070581
clearly you dont know how Hollywood has worked for the past decade.

they will pour obscene budgets and star power into a movie in an attempt to MAKE a franchise. With 3 other movies already planned out.

And ManBusters is the first movie in a reboot of a beloved 80's franchise, attempting to make a NEW rebooted franchise.
>>
>>72070172
Personally, I think it would have fared better if it hadn't begun its marketing campaign with

3 0 Y E A R S A G O
>>
File: 1438650798896.jpg (79 KB, 600x535) Image search: [Google]
1438650798896.jpg
79 KB, 600x535
>>72070172
It would've gone better if they didn't made stupid decisions

>cast a bunch of whales and a black fat woman that is also ugly
>only one looks like she could belong in ghostbusters and for some reason she's displayed as le bad ass scientist
>entire marketing campaign and movie actively trying to just bury the old ones and for everyone to embrace this like the second coming
>shits on old fans
>shits on collectors
>shits on everyone but sjw
>surprise, sjw are unemployed tumblr whales most of the time and they don't do nothing but complain so they won't even see the movie

And that's not even counting the soulless comedy and stupid ass plot
>>
>>72070226
Here you go.
http://www.vulture.com/2016/07/paul-feig-ghostbusters-reboot-c-v-r.html
>>
>>72069841
If they at least tried to capture the spirit of the original I would have been there day one.

But instead it's fucking Feig and you can see in the trailer how they fuck shit up like possession. GB 1 it was serious shit with Zuul and Vince. In 2 it was serious shit with Ray. In this its a fucking joke done for laughs.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.