[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's the best the wire season and why is it the 4th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: the-wire-duck-ziggy.jpg (145 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
the-wire-duck-ziggy.jpg
145 KB, 1024x576
what's the best the wire season and why is it the 4th
>>
I liked the first.

Didn't like the kids or bubbles getting clean arc.
>>
>>72068426
>this guy's, marlo's and daniels' actors all on Bosch
The casting guys on that must have really liked the Wire.
>>
I thought this for a while but after rewatching it recently, season 3 is probably my favourite season. fuck rating the season though
>>
Reminder that if you rate seasons, or characters, David Simon would like to murder you.
>>
You posted a picture if the best season.
>>
>>72068652
"Omar is my favorite character" - Barrack Obama
>>
>>72068775
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWY79JCfhjw
>>
>>72068775
omar comin
>>
File: burrellrawls.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
burrellrawls.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>72068775
>Likes Game of Thrones
>Favorite Wire character is Omar

How does America handle having such a pleb president?
>>
File: 51324123.jpg (1 MB, 4366x2910) Image search: [Google]
51324123.jpg
1 MB, 4366x2910
>>72068973
>obama
>pleb
hahahahaha you fucking idiot
>>
>>72068973
are we posting caesar now
>>
>>72068426
judging the season you gotta consider the effectiveness of the story to explore the drug war and the way power accumulates and protects itself through the peter principle and cronyism.

The rise of Mayor Carcetti, eventually presiding over an equally corrupt and incompetent city council despite all the hope he embodied for change is probably the most clear story about all the issues. Season 3 is also, unfortunately, where the frankly dumb idea of 'hamsterdam' comes into play which while criticized for not being perfect is still kind of the only 'solution' to the drug war and Bunny is still presented in a favorable light from then on, even when he later gets involved with the kids.

There are hints that Carcetti is more politicaly ambitious than he has integrity or knowledge of the drug and crime problem when he uses war rhetoric just like all the other dumb politicians by the end of s 3.

Carceti only completely loses all his integreti at the end of s 5, though when he covers up the fake serial killer scandal that happened under his watch, making him exactly the same as Royce by the end.

IMHO 3 and 5 are the 'best' seasons, the most clear and purposeful even if some of David Simon's biases are presented as facts.
>>
>>72069602
the idea of hamsterdam is pretty smart in the context that most of the violence in the city stems from drugs and territory disputes, so removing those removes a lot of the impetus for violent crime
i don't think it'd play out in real life like it did in the show obviously but the idea does have a relatively sound foundation
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.