[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saw an unfinished cut during post-production. Incomplete and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: Doctor Strange.jpg (115 KB, 691x1024) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Strange.jpg
115 KB, 691x1024
Saw an unfinished cut during post-production. Incomplete and with very rudimentary CGI, but overall it's a pretty good movie, and Cumberbatch is actually pretty dynamic in it.

Mads is wasted, though.
>>
>>72067191
who does mads play?

how does it rank among other marvel movies, dont have to be precise and number them all, just compare it to some
>>
Spoilers please
>>
>>72067191
why does this shit look like blade runner
>>
>>72067191
>Marvel
>wasted villain
nothing new
>>
One thing I like about the idea of this movie is this character has a kinda unique origin story. Idk though I've only seen the animated Doctor Strange movie and read a comic or two.
>>
i didn't know MÅÅDS was in this
>>
>>72067225
He's the main villain, an evil sorcerer named Kaecilius.

Going by origins movie alone, it'd probably go Iron Man > Doctor Strange > Captain America > Ant-Man > Thor > Hulk.

>>72067281
It's pretty creative with its visuals and lore, yeah.

>>72067231
The Time Gem is in it and the movie ends on a battle through times and dimensions that is pretty damn great. And I only saw a WIP filled with animatics and storyboards spliced in and with temp score.
>>
>>72067442
you should make this thread on /co/ you will get more in depth questions
>>
>>72067442

Wow, amazing! Please tell me that the time gem isn't his necklace, please. Don't fuck up the eye of agamotto. Is there any chance that this battle between time and dimension will take place in between marvel's past movies?
>>
>>72067191
How's Tilda? Does Mads get killed off?
>>
>>72067540
I probably will, then.

>>72067548
It's not the necklace.

And no, they just go to interesting past locations like the Stonehenge and Tunguska.
>>
>>72067608
>I probably will, then.
link it when you do, i love reading stuff they say
>>
>>72067579
She's very good, as usual, but her role is basically exposition, though she gets an awesome fight/death sequence and some snappy lines.

Yes, he does.
>>
>>72067442
ooh nice! any cameos from others in the MCU and is Rachel McAdams given anything to do besides being love interest?

What sort of dimensions does the movie explore?

Does the end battle seem similar to the Portal jumping at the end of Thor 2?
>>
>>72067661
Is death played by an actor and is it Cate Blanchett?
>>
is dormammu mentioned at all
>>
What is the average quip per minute?
>>
>>72067712
Not cameos, but the conflict from Civil War is mentioned, and there's a lot of cryptic stuff about Thanos, though he is not referred to by name.

Rachel McAdams doesn't do much, sadly. She's not even really a love interest, more like a really supportive friend.

I'm not very versed in the comics, but he goes to several places, and they tie it to the Thor movies because he passes by the Nine Realms from Norse mythology, though not referred by name. He also goes to a place that is made of shadows, and a dead universe.

Sort of, but it's more fluid, they are fighting as time and space are warping around them.

>>72067749
No, he just ceases to live.

>>72067797
The generally mention "Elder Gods" a lot, but one of them has a fire head.

Also, I made the thread on /co/

>>84546962
>>
>>72068072
>No, he just ceases to live.
Oops thought you were saying she fights death. Thanks!
>>
>>72067191
How the movie end?
Is there any hint to next Marvel's movies ?
>>
>>72068072
When you're linking cross-board, put a /boardname/ infront of the number, like such:
>>/co/84546962
>>
>>72068352
And naturally I fuck it up.
That's it. Was time for be two hours ago, here's a proper link.
>>>/co/84546962
>>
In the teaser trailer for this film, it seemed like they had Cumberbatch speaking with an American accent.

So okay, Dr. Strange was an American character, but it seems like one of Cumberbatch's selling points as an actor is that great voice of his. Filtered through an American accent, though, he just sounded like one more brainless, self-indulgent, 30-something kid.

Please tell me I was mis-hearing that.
>>
>>72068072
Did someone die?
>>
>>72067442
Holy shit. And I actually really liked Ant-Man, in spite of really hating the comics.

Given that Doctor Strange may be my favorite non-arachnid superhero, I'm pretty happy to hear this.
>>
>>72068522
>brainless, self-indulgent, 30-something kid
Actually, that's pretty close to what he's like in his origin story. He's a bit of a selfish prick until he loses his sweet surgical skills and takes up sorcery.
>>
how many quips does it have?
>>
>>72068346
It ends with Strange bringing Rachel McAdams' character into his sanctuary and reciting the same speech the Ancient One gave him about expanding perception before showing her the different dimensions and stuff.

Not really, aside from hints to Thanos assembling the Infinity Stones.

>>72068522
Well, he uses an American accent, but it didn't bother me.

>>72068554
The Ancient One, Kaecilius, most of the mooks don't they don't count.
>>
Thanks for the q&a OP.
>>
So this is going to be Iron Man x Dr. House
>>72068757
What happens to the Ancient One?
>>
>>72068757
Is Doctor Strange going to be in the MCU or just his own personal story? Ending credits scene?
>>
>>72069251
MCU for sure.

>>72069170
She's killed by Kaecilius.
>>
Full scoop on baron mordo, is he bro tier before his eventual betrayal?
>>
>>72069537
He starts out dismissive and passive-agressive, then comes to respect Strange, but they part ways anyway. He's not an outright traitor, though.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.