[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Babadook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (649 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
649 KB, 1200x1600
Just watched dat shit. Meh.

Was the babadook real or just a manifestation of her depression ?
>>
>>72065920
a manifestation of her depression
>>
>>72065920
It was just super blunt symbolism. I thought it was very well directed though. Kent is a much better director than writer.
>>
at least it was somewhat original. Horror is the second most repetitive genre after capeshit but at least the latter is flavor for the decade so it doesn't suffer as much
>>
>>72065920
only good thing about the movie was the milf using a vibrator
>>
>>72066022
>flavor for the
*of the
>>
>>72066026

She was using her fingers
>>
>>72065974
>>72066022

You didnt answer though
>>
>>72065920
I enjoyed it, 7.5/10 movie tb h

the only thing I really didn't like was the worst trope ever to enter movies:

LE EPIC CHEEKY YOUNGSTER WHO BUILDS ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT CONTRAPTIONS THAT WOULD NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS WORK EXCEPT SORT OF IN THESE EXACT SCENARIOS WHERE A GROWN ADULT IS SOMEHOW THWARTED BY SOME CROSSBOW MADE OF ACTUAL GARBAGE HAHAHAHAHA XD
>>
>>72065920
There's literally no evidence in the film that the Babadook is not a real creature.
>>
>>72066307
Stop yelling.
>>
Real creature
>>
>>72065920
>Was the babadook real or just a manifestation of her depression ?
would it make the film any better one way or the other?
>>
>>72066470

>muh sad widow

The movie would appear less pretentious if the babadook was real.
>>
>>72065920
You think it can't be both?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulpa
>>
>>72066938
delete this shit right now
>>
The boy in the movie was very cute.
>>
>>72065966
this. i think it works better if you just take that for granted going in.
>>
It's actually a real monster haunting her.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.