[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true we're getting so many garbage movies (capeshit,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 001iRyOOgy6EWni5PWs8c&690.jpg (84 KB, 670x495) Image search: [Google]
001iRyOOgy6EWni5PWs8c&690.jpg
84 KB, 670x495
Is it true we're getting so many garbage movies (capeshit, etc.) because China eats them up?
>>
I don't think Americans are in a position to criticize other nations. Honestly the world is just mostly plebs, most popular movies now are garbage and they will get worse and worse each year. As for China I think they'll just influence some of the big and capshit movies, nothing too profound though.
>>
File: 1468636532252.jpg (120 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1468636532252.jpg
120 KB, 640x640
>>72058512
>I don't think Americans are in a position to criticize other nations.

I'm actually criticizing American studios for pandering to international audiences and trying to feed us from the same trough.
>>
>>72058683
Studios want money. Can't criticize them for that.

It's up to the audience not to eat literal garbage, and Americans have been doing that for a long time now. Chinkbros seem to like garbage too.
>>
Yes. Bad movies were never made before international markets were a thing.
>>
File: 1356159588400.gif (3 MB, 220x242) Image search: [Google]
1356159588400.gif
3 MB, 220x242
>>72058955
>It's up to the audience not to eat literal garbage,

Explains why I haven't been to the theater in a long, long time.

>MFW Prometheus kept me from being hyped about a movie ever again
>>
>>72058289
Americans eat that shit as much as China though
>>
>>72059087
Mentally retarded Alien fan detected.
>>
>>72058289
They say the chinese didn't get to see the best movies from the past century in mass because of government restrictions and now ideas like robocop are new and fresh to the huge middle class in china
so pretty much yes
>>
>>72059212
BUT WHY DIDN'T SHE RUN SIDEWAYS
FUCK
U
C
K
>>
>>72059232
There's that.

And there's the fact that historically, Chinese went to Cinema to be entertained because Acting for them used to be a pariah/court jester type for of entertainment in the *recent* past.

There's a reason why unlike the West (theater actors), the background for China's first actors in the early 20th Century was circus performers.

tl;dr Chinks watch for fun.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.