[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when Hollywood made cool, original and fun movies that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Back_to_the_Future.jpg (111 KB, 257x400) Image search: [Google]
Back_to_the_Future.jpg
111 KB, 257x400
Remember when Hollywood made cool, original and fun movies that weren't based on capeshit or books?
>>
>>72057467
New ideas do not sell (unless you put a famous movie star in the lead).

That is how Hollywood is nowadays. It isnt a conspiracy. It is a fact.

The reason there are so many remakes is because they sell. But with this new Ghostbusters getting so much hate, well that is a message to Hollywood to think about what they are doing.
>>
>>72057560
>But with this new Ghostbusters getting so much hate

Did it flop tho?
>>
>>72057628
Not yet. It got a $17m opening tho.
>>
Americans aren't discerning anymore. It used to be entertainers had to work to get applause, let alone ticket sales. Now you tune into late night talk shows and see the audience falling over themselves whooping and hollering, and if they don't react the way they're supposed to to a certain "joke", the host and guest berate them.
>>
>>72057467
I kinda wish capeshit and "cinematic universes" would just fucking die out so we can get nice standalone movies like we used to.

A trilogy and nothing more. That should be the standard. No splitting the last movie up into two parts, no "hints at a sequel", none of that shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 337x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 337x450
>>72057467
I hope they reboot BTTF with a female Marty who has to avoid her father's intentions in the past.
>>
the 80s/90s were the end of originality in American culture

We're just running on fumes and nostalgia now.
>>
>>72060524
Underrated post.
>>
>>72057560
>unless you put a famous movie star in the lead
but back in the day, Holywood was able to do both. And often did. Like pretty much any mid-80's-mid-90's Arnold/Stallone/VanDamme movie.
>>
>>72060465
thankfully, Robert Zemeckis has control over the franchise, and has vowed to block any attempts at a sequel or reboot. And Bob Gale feels the same.
>>
>>72060465
I actually saw a pitch for that in time magazine... I almost ended life then and there
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.