[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you guys seen this? Liked it? Anything similar you'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Behemoth_poster.jpg (59 KB, 440x618) Image search: [Google]
Behemoth_poster.jpg
59 KB, 440x618
Have you guys seen this? Liked it? Anything similar you'd like to bring up?

Seen it a couple nights ago with a friend, thought it was beautiful and perfectly shot, never as unbearably slow as I've read it was described - the little narrative tidbits where the image fragments and jars were maybe one of the subtlest, most "aesthetic" pieces of film I've seen lately. Reminded me a lot of Ben Russell's documentaries:

>LET US PERSEVERE IN WHAT WE HAVE RESOLVED BEFORE WE FORGET
https://vimeo.com/60100859

>ATLANTIS
https://vimeo.com/75421733
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0wtifhg6w8

00.21-00-43 for an example of what I'm talking about
>>
File: 13896392130712.jpg (27 KB, 425x394) Image search: [Google]
13896392130712.jpg
27 KB, 425x394
>film discussion on /tv/

What is is about OP? I might watch it.
>>
File: TENSKIES_FLIER_SIMPLE_100.jpg (325 KB, 850x1100) Image search: [Google]
TENSKIES_FLIER_SIMPLE_100.jpg
325 KB, 850x1100
Since no one is posting, I'll keep adding stuff.

This is one of the few movies by Benning I've actually watched, but it was well worth it. At the cost of sounding pretentious, by filming clouds moving in the sky Benning managed to go back to one of cinema's roots (maybe THE root, as the word cinema itself derives from the Greek Kinesis), the act of capturing movement. One could draw similarities to Vertov's obsession with it, but while he was staunchly nihilistic about it (every single frame's destiny is to die in the birth of the next, this is movement - or something like it), Benning's appears to be more positive about it, faithful in the generativw possibilities of recording Becoming.

>>72056984
Thematically, it's about Chinese coal mining, its consequences on the environment and the workers - but really, you're watching it for the cinematography. There's a six and a half minutes trailer on YouTube that'll give you a good idea of what's it like. Here:

https://youtu.be/5ETRMWX9op4
>>
>>72057254
And by the way, Ten Skies is a beautiful film in addition to being conceptually stimulating. Just thought I'd add this against all "yeah philosophical themes obscuring the fact the movie is shit" posters.
>>
>>72057562
>>72057254
have you seen Small Roads, Tie Xi Qu or Paths Of The Soul, OP? think you'd like them
>>
>>72057805
Haven't, actually. Care to spend a word about them?
>>
File: Kaili-Blues-poster.jpg (123 KB, 1000x1435) Image search: [Google]
Kaili-Blues-poster.jpg
123 KB, 1000x1435
Time traveling.
>>
>>72057805
>>72058689
Will be downloading all of these anyway, thanks guys.
>>
>>72058355
Small Roads: Benning captures the roads of america, quietly, it tells the story of a country that's loud, very beautiful
Tie Xi Qu: 9 hour masterpiece by Bing about industrial workers in China, filming of machinery for 20 minutes doesn't feel inhumane at all
Paths Of The Soul: nature and expectations, a feel about tibetans on a trip to the capital
>>
>>72059405
Ah, much appreciated. Didn't know about any of them, will be fitting Small Roads in my schedule alongside Twelve Cigarettes!
>>
Bumo before oblivion
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.