[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No really, what the fuck was his fucking problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
No really, what the fuck was his fucking problem?
>>
>>72053865
drugs
>>
He was probably raised by a single mother.
>>
>>72054331
I'm guessing you haven't seen the movie.
>>
>>72055138
I haven't but I stand by my statement. Most of the criminal classes come from broken homes.
>>
>>72055196
He's an underachiever and has both mum and dad. However fucked they might be, they were still caring but lost their hopes on him
>>
>>72053865
He liked a bit of the old in out in out
>>
Singin in the rain
>>
>>72053865

He's just mentally deranged. He is a psychopath with no sense of moral and just does whatever he feels like
>>
>>72053865
He used people for his own ends just as people used him for theirs.
>>
>>72053865

No yarbles
>>
File: IMG_1248.png (2 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1248.png
2 MB, 640x1136
>>72055196
He lived in a dystopian society and had fucked up friends who encouraged awful behaviour. His parents seemed like they definitely gave a shit about his actions but weren't able to change him because it was too late.

I should also point out that A Clockwork Orange is fantastic and you should watch it whenever you have the chance
>>
He was part of a generation that hated their country but were too stupid and lazy to do anything productive about it. Instead they felt entitled enough to do whatever they wanted and justify it by thinking "dude fuck the government"
>>
>>72055196
They specifically mention how Alex's upbringing can't explain how fucked up he is because he has loving parents and a good home life
>>
>>72055497
This has fuck all to do with the movie

>>72055478
Thank you for discussing something you've actually watched
>>
>>72055497

Ah yes
He was just a typical baby boomer
>>
>>72053865
WELL...
>>
>Implying that people only do bad things because society has wronged them in some way

Read up on the concept of original sin you left-wing morons
>>
>>72055806
>Original sin
Fucking shit argument right there, everyone can be a cunt and we don't need religious gospel or political treatises to prove that
>>
>>72055932
Not to prove it, no, but people will always believe a theory that comes along promising them perfection unless there's an absolute law promising that all people are cunts

There's a reason that atheism and utopian ideologies are linked
>>
>>72055932
If you're familiar with the source material you would understand that the concept of original sin is entirely relevant to the story. The author was devoutly religious and a few Christian themes are present, such as the nature of free will. The scene where the pastor argues that the Ludovico is unethical as it robs him of his freedom to choose right from wrong speaks directly to this.
>>
>>72053865
he was a punk teenager (in the book at least) and growing up in whats basically a ghetto/lawless future allowed him to be a violent sociopath. Hes no different from a jamal in the hood we have today but he was British and it was in the future
>>
>>72055806
Some people do bad things because they are fucked in the head and don't know right from wrong. Others do bad things because they are able to justify them somehow or are being brainwashed into it. Evil in itself doesn't exist, but people can do evil things while thinking that they aren't doing anything wrong/ convincing themselves that it's worth it or whatever.
>>
>>72056226
this. It's basically teaching inherit sin v natural sin. His friends have choosen to be bad/evil, while he has no choice until he was altered to get sick.
>>
>>72056349
>Others do bad things because they are able to justify them somehow or are being brainwashed into it.
>Evil in itself doesn't exist

Of course those two claims are linked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZk_cPtnBGE
>>
>>72056226
That has no bearing on the post I replied to which said literally nothing about the film and instead was a /pol/esque post
>>
>>72056467
>/pol/esque
/pol/ is mostly run by alt-right libertarians now, the concepts of original sin and deep individual responsibility are largely conservative in nature, if you took those to /pol/ you'd probably be laughed out of there for espousing "cuckservative" views
>>
>>72056513
Sorry, I was thinking of /his/ and their daily Catholic jerk off thread
>>
>>72053865
Dude was a sociopath. That's it. The society he lived in allowed for his awful exploits to go unpunished until the treatments
>>
>>72056575
Sociopathy doesn't exist
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.