[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Interstellar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: interstellar-poster.jpg (688 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
interstellar-poster.jpg
688 KB, 2000x1500
This film is called Interstellar. It was directed by Christopher Nolan and stars Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway. Do you have anything to say about this film?
>>
File: 1439576217602.jpg (26 KB, 558x558) Image search: [Google]
1439576217602.jpg
26 KB, 558x558
its shyt
>>
File: 10-tars.w529.h352.jpg (45 KB, 529x352) Image search: [Google]
10-tars.w529.h352.jpg
45 KB, 529x352
The robot was the only good part. The story was corny and predictable and everyone overacted every single scene.
>>
It was typical Nolan

He jerked off over a movie he likes, in this case 2001, using the opportunity to play around with cool visuals all while completely ignoring things like having a coherent, or good, plot/story.
>>
>>72053829
I liked it
I wish it had ended before the tessaract stuff
>>
>>72053829

Great music.
>>
it was great
>>
It crawled up its own ass after a while but I still enjoyed it.
>>
Pretty good film.

Better than a shitton of the other films released that year
>>
Better than TDKR and BB. Better than Memento
>>
It was fucking great up until the tesseract bullshit.
I can't get over the cheesiness of that concept
>love is the one thing that transcends time and space
>this place works on love, connecting loved ones together (and a random room for some reason lol)
>>
If you didn't cry at that part where Cooper watches footage of his kids having aged like 2 decades while he was gone and they sent him videos, you have no heart
>>
It should be called Intergalactic because they travel between galaxies and not stars.
>>
>>72053893
Yeah, one of the better depictions of advanced general AI in movies.

Highly sentient and capable of perfectly mimicing and interacting with humans, but clearly not sapient and doesn't turn evil or rebellious at any point.
>>
>>72054065

My eyes got all watery to be honest. His acting was so real.
>>
Pretty good, but overrated. Just like all of Nolan's movies. Great music, nice visuals.
>>
File: foy.jpg (75 KB, 390x464) Image search: [Google]
foy.jpg
75 KB, 390x464
actors were good
>>
The only thing I did not like was the long awaited reunion at the end. They hyped it a lot and you are waiting for it the whole movie but then it happens and they just talk for a bit and he leaves. Very disappointing. I wanted hugs, crying and father and daughter moments.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3zvVGJrTP8

This scene was so exciting.
>>
>>72054003
love never trancended space and time, only Gravity did.

Love was just Cooper's motivation.
>>
File: 1468446051717.jpg (565 KB, 2681x3871) Image search: [Google]
1468446051717.jpg
565 KB, 2681x3871
I never understood why the astronauts never went crazy and just turned Anne Hathaway's character into nothing more than a cum dumpster after being trapped in a floating coffin for decades.
>>
>>72054438
probably because they arent degenerates like the people who post on /tv/
>>
>>72054438

Because they were good humans beings?
>>
>>72054438
because they were the best of us
>>
A subtle 4th wall breaking film.

A film about love in many ways, one of them is Nolan's love for film making and practical effects which are great in the film. A film that is about space and time in the literal and figurative sense.

The 5th dimension room is fantastic.

Great acting by McCough and the weird looking female.

Matt Damon's part sucked dick and was really cliche.

Optimistic film, which is surprising since it's made by Nolan
>>
File: mc ride.jpg (78 KB, 500x559) Image search: [Google]
mc ride.jpg
78 KB, 500x559
I never understood why NASA send MC RIDE in space
>>
I still do not understand the whole spend time in X planet means X amount of time has passed here. How much time did it pass when they landed on that water planet? 10 years and they were only there for like 10 minutes?
>>
>>72053933
>STELLAR music
>>
File: 1468443710149.jpg (52 KB, 600x722) Image search: [Google]
1468443710149.jpg
52 KB, 600x722
>>72054483
>>72054486
>>72054493
>tfw finding Anne Hathaway not being turned into a sex slave is the most unrealistic part of a science fiction movie
>>
>>72055107

Stop commenting please. Anne is a pure angel too good for this world.
>>
When they saw the wave coming at them on the water planet that scared the shit out of me. Made me super anxious and uncomfortable. More so than any horror movie I've seen, very well done.
>>
>>72053829
at the end love is what was used to get matthew mcconaughey back to his daughter while he was in a temporal anomaly. a emotion is what allows him to navigate through space time...

not a device or some super math he does in his head not even a loose map he had theorized before ending up side stepping the flow of time. no .a fucking emotion
>>
>>72055605
>a emotion is what allows him to navigate through space time...
The film, or bluray has start and end in our space time.
Nolan is a director that has great love for film (legitimate film, the actual film, not digital film making)
He navigates the film by directing, going back, etc. like McCough's character in the 5th dimensional room

its a film about his love for film
>>
>>72055605

Emotions are a powerful thing anon.
>>
>>72053893
>predictable

You predicted that mconaughey would communicate with his daughter through some worm hole thing and then end up just fine on some other planet afterwords?
>>
>>72053829
One of the best theater experiences I've had due to the insane audio. Otherwise it's a very enjoyable film dragged down by inconsistencies and slight cheesiness.
>>
>>72055783

That scene where he jumped into the wormhole was really terrifying.
>>
>>72055783
Yeah, actually. Anyone who has read some basic science fiction would have realized that the ghost was basically Matthew Mcconaughey from the future sending messages through the wormhole and creating some sort of causality loop and that the people who made the wormhole were humans in the future.
>>
>>72053829
spacekino
>>
>>72055907
kek OK whatever you say.

I never saw the beginning of the film so I guess I don't know how much foreshadowing went into that whole book case thing.That ending was pretty cool when it started but ended up just laughable
>>
>>72053829
guarantee OP is that same kid who does the fast food reviews in loose fitting three piece suits and has a hot mom
>>
>>72053829
It's good.

Bought the special edition on Blu ray for $3 at a flea market.
>>
>>72056189

ReviewBrah has a hot mom? Now I am curious.
>>
>>72055460
Same here
>>
The main theme is fantastic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDVtMYqUAyw

Other than that it was pretty good, but had a predictable twist. Some of the emotional scenes are amazing, and the focus on love works for the most part
>>
>>72057750
Sounds like a complete copy of Philip Glass' style
>>
>>72055605
They clearly state that its distant future human tech. Love just motivated him to try.
>>
>>72057867
Well, i will check Phillip Glass then
>>
>>72053829
Interstellar is directed by Christopher Nolan who many say is the greatest movie director ever in hollywood due to his revolution in film making seen in the Batman Trilogy which changed how movies are made forever.

The only people who dont like interstellar are plebs who dont understand the depth of the underlying social commentary brought to life through a stunning portrayal from Anne Hathaway who has become one of the greatest actrors in Hollywood after working with CHristopher Nolan.
>>
I always see a meme about anne hathaway shitting in her spacesuit in this movie. Does she really shit herself? Because I'd watch it if she does.
>>
>>72054633
Clocks run slower the closer they are to sources of strong gravitation.
>>
>>72053829
overrated big budget but cheap concepts/story
>>
>>72057867
I'll take Zimmer emulating glass over Zimmer recycling Zimmer like he usually does.
>>
Haven't watched it yet heard liberals hate it.

Any reason why?
>>
>>72054253
MERF
>>
>>72058662

Liberals have bad taste in movie. See new Ghostbusters.
>>
very cool film if not for just the settings
>>
>>72054253
Holy God is that twelve year old girl balding?
>>
>>72056121
>Film's kek worthy lmao
>Didn't watch the beginning tho
>Can't have missed anything important lel

This is you.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.