[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Fear the Walking Dead so shit? I like the main series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: fear-the-walking-dead-poster-2.jpg (160 KB, 1280x981) Image search: [Google]
fear-the-walking-dead-poster-2.jpg
160 KB, 1280x981
Why is Fear the Walking Dead so shit?
I like the main series but this spin off is so boring. It had loads of potential but the main characters consist of stereotype drug addict teen, STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN, le super smart teen girl and some completely forgettable minority as the step dad. They even gave the super smart girl a black boyfriend for no reason.
Does it get better? I'm on episode 2 and it's crap so far.
>>
No it stays awful. The main series is shit, but the spinoff manages to be even worse in every way possible
>>
File: 1461021606597.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1461021606597.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
>>72049095
>this
if you can stomach either my hat tips to you
>>
>>72049072

Season 1 is shit

First half of Season 2 is great but it drops in quality again towards the end.
>>
>>72049095
The main series is entertaining at least despite loads of shit that doesn't make any fucking sense.

>Season 3
>Sitting in the prison yard
>Have a fire, girl is singing, making loads of noise
>Walkers are uninterested, aimlessly walking around
>Previously in the show and later walkers relentlessly try to attack anyone who isn't a walker
>>
File: 123.jpg (85 KB, 600x820) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
85 KB, 600x820
its really really bad

i only watch alycia's scenes

i love her
>>
It has a shittier version than the original series. It also doesn't have an entire comic strip to adapt. The editing is much worse, the characters uninteresting. Couldn't do justice to its original concept (walkers in an urban area) and had to flee to and isolated maritime setting to keep costs low.
>>
>>72049255
That fucking sucks. It has so much potential. It's a shame that it just seems to be a moneymaking scheme and nobody really gives it much interest.
>>
>>72049072
whoever is in charge is fucking reatrded
its obviously a cashgrab and a way to take control of the world away from the comics, but the bungled it so badly
>setting is created to show initial outbreak and breakdown of society
>instead they fucking fast forward and do the same shit as the original
>shittu fucking cast
>like seriously, so bad
>cant stand the wife
>for even a second
>writing is utter shit
>sfx are shit
>""""""""plot"""""""? is shit
it has literally nothing going for it
>>
>>72049340
Is it genuinely just episode 1 and 2 that deals with the breakdown? I thought the whole point of it was making it 'the breakdown of society phase'. Which would have been awesome to watch.
>>
>>72049072
The first half of season 1 is the best part in the series, the rest is just ok
Season 2 quickly falls into a rhythm of having something exiting happen in the last part of an episode and then just forgetting about it in the next
Theres no real villain of the season stuff like in the main series they just kill and dispose of anyone in their way in an episode
I dropped the show when they made it to the gay blokes villa
>>
>>72049419
kek. I really don't get why they had to make it SO DIVERSE
>drug addict son
>smart daughter with nigger boyfriend
>STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN mother
>Random minority stepdad
It's like /pol/ made the show as a parody
>>
>>72049612
adding to this, all the diversity adds absolutely nothing to the plot.It's there just to rub your face in it, which turned me off instantly.
>>
It's shit but the stepdad is actually a really good actor desu and he's famous af in NZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MI6L8z9860
>>
Another inconsistency that really fucking bugs me about The Walking Dead in general

>The group constantly talk about needing guns, ammo etc
>There are dead soldiers everywhere, especially at the end of season one
>They walk straight past the weapons they have dropped
>Assault rifles, ammunition, body armour, everything they would obviously need
>Carry on using weapons with hard to find ammunition
>Never think about raiding an army base, police station, anything for ammo

Is there actually a reason for this? Or is it just shitty writing?
>>
>>72050082
>not picking up dropped weapons
every_horror_movie_ever.jpg
>>
>>72050571
It's just so irritating to watch. Really ruins the show.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.