[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth finishing? I think I saw 4 seasons and I kinda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: The-Mentalist-TV-Series.jpg (220 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
The-Mentalist-TV-Series.jpg
220 KB, 1280x1024
Is this worth finishing? I think I saw 4 seasons and I kinda forgot about it, but I see now that it's actually over so I might pick it back up if it's good.
>>
just watch psych
>>
>>72046050
/thread
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 450x263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 450x263
>>72045954
I stopped watching when Jane finally hooked up with that chick from Empire Records. He was crying and shit because he was so happy. Even for network television, it was too much.
>>
>>72046050
Already watched it plenty of times. I guess it's been a while, I can watch S1-3 again.
>>
>>72046050
Disregard the pleb redditor

Mentalist is God tier show.
>>
>>72046141
>pleb
>redditor
>tiering shows
Your whole life is a meme. Your thinking is broken.
>>
If you're going to be watching a "quirky detective who is based on Sherlock Holmes solves cases better than whole police departments by using the power of magic, also known as observation" you should watch Psych or House MD. Psych is the best in that genre, while House M.D. is the best SH adaptation.
>>
>>72045954
First couple of seasons are good
>>
>>72045954
No. Bruno Heller is a hack. All that Red John arc building for a finale he wrote I'm what seemed like a half hour. Dropped it like a multi-megaton nuke after that shit.
>>
>>72046235
House? Really? It's an entirely different beast even if the main character shares some similar traits dozens of these kinds of shows have.

>>72045954
It's pretty good, especially if you don't have something else in particular in mind. Might wanna check out Elementary while you're at it
>>
>>72046275
Lol how can you drop a show after the finale
>>
>>72046437
you stop watching it
>>
>>72046396
To be fair I couldn't stand Elementary, and I like Jonny Lee Miller a lot to boot.

Mentalist is a far better show, Heller just dropped the ball like a motherfucker with the Red John arc and not making him Brett Partridge.
>>
Also, Cho's hooker is hot af.

>>72046437
The arc finale was a season or 2 before the shows finale. They kept going for some reason.
>>
>>72045954
I followed the whole "who is red john" bs, you know what gave it away? I saw the mystery actor's range in another movie where he plays the bad guy and realized how underutilized he was in the mentalist so it basically had to be him. But the whole point is to keep it ambiguous and engaging which I don't think any other show has done so well with just one draw.
>>
>>72046488
Out of curiosity, could you point out something you didn't like about elemantary? It's been growing on me (at S3 now), and I'd go even as far as say it's comparable to Mentalist to me.
>>
>>72046488
Initially I hated Elementary after seeing the pilot. I'm just tired of that quirky detective trope, but on a whim, I recently tried again, and it's not awful.
>>
>>72046546
That's true with almost every detective/police procedural show. The most recognizable guest star is the murderer.
>>
>>72046598
Yea it's one of the better quirky detective trope shows IMO. Kind of like a combination of mentalist and house.
>>
>>72046574
Pretty much what the other reply said, watched the premiere and a few episodes. Also don't like Lucy Liu very much.

I may give it another shot when Tyrant and You're the Worst are over.
>>
How would criminal minds rank among this, just started watching and it's not bad desu
>>
Just watch the Red John related episodes, once that arc is finished, just stop. It's not worth watching the rest even though Emanuelle Chriqui is hot as fuck.
>>
>>72047380
Criminal Minds is a poor man's The Inside.
>>
Lisbon and Patrick gets Married.

There this is the ending. Don't need to watch the last season.
>>
>>72047312
Ok. I stopped watching it at some point too at first but later I've found it to be nice.
>>
>>72045954
yeah its quite entertaining
>>
This show is set in my hometown and I've seen them filming and I still have never seen an episode
>>
>>72047414

What happened to the killer woman that scaped? She was best girl.
>>
I love watching shows with fast thinking people with photographic memory, wish I could do the same
>>
>>72045954
MOOT HELP ME

YOU HAVE BEEN VISITED BY THE ISLAMIC TRUCK OF TOLERANCE

______________¶___
|religion of peace ||l “”|””\__,_
|______________|||__|__|__|]
(@)@)*********(@)(@)**(@)

POST THIS IN ANOTHER THREAD OR YOUR MOTHER WILL DIE TONIGHT
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.