[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movies That Surprisingly Hold Up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: 500-days-of-summer-3.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
500-days-of-summer-3.jpg
148 KB, 1280x720
>ITT: Movies that surprisingly hold up

Didn't really like this movie then (since that's when hipsterdom was in its prime). Rewatched it tonight, don't like it any better. But god damn, I have to admit, it barely aged. I thought it was going to be like American Beauty, where the datedness became it's serious detriment. But no, despite being a crappy movie, it still has a charm it can uniquely call it's own.

Also, is anyone else put off by what this pic implies? Expectations include the cute girl from the office you're crushing on. Yet reality has beer. What more can anyone ask?
>>
File: Spiderman1.png (571 KB, 966x523) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman1.png
571 KB, 966x523
>>72045228
Sam Raimi's Spiderman 1.

I was rewatching bits of it the other night and I was amazed how realistic that night car chase scene looked, the cgi in sections didn't look too fake or out dated.

Hell this movie looks so much better overall compared to lots of modern day super hero movies which look too fake.

That whole revenge scene as well: it is by far one of my favorite moments in all of cinema: brilliant emotion on Tobey's face, brilliant soundtrack, brilliant cinematography (no shaky cam), brilliant color contrast.
>>
>>72045655
>first post is capeshit
>>
>>72045677
Damn right it's capeshit.

>>72045655
Post moar, son.
>>
File: Spiderman.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>72045677
>he didn't see Spiderman 1 in the cinema in 2002.
Such an inspirational piece of filmmaking. I personally prefer Spiderman not in the Avengers. Was way before when it was just him in his own universe.
>>
>hold up

What the fuck that movie is like 5 years old.
>>
File: Spiderman_.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman_.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>72045695
>Post moar, son.
Check out some more screenshots. I just love the look of this film.
>>
>>72045228
that movie was poorly edited and cramming all those quirky film tropes doesn't make it any better
>>
>>72045751
American Beauty went dated the second the 9/11 era was birthed.
>>
File: childrenofmen_poster.jpg (45 KB, 344x486) Image search: [Google]
childrenofmen_poster.jpg
45 KB, 344x486
>>72045228
This movie surprisingly predicted a lot of the events of 2016
>>
>>72045891
Yeah, I've been rewatching it lately. It's eerie how spot-on it has been on shit like the migrant crisis right now.
>>
>>72045799
Not really. I don't think the 90s, particularly the late 90s, are dated in the same way as the 80s were. Infact early 2000s flicks tend to be way more dated.
>>
>>72045938
Probably. But one of the things the American Beauty was going for was depicting American suburban life at the time. To the point that it's practically a time capsule of an era where we all felt safe and comfortable (brought to an end by 9/11). But because of that, it aged far quicker than most movies similar to it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.