[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movies Like Black Swan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
I'm looking for movies like Black Swan. And by "like Black Swan" I mean movies that have a hollow tone to them, where everything around like character is hollow and superficial, as well as vibrant dreamlike sequences. I really can't describe this quality very well, but the visuals in the dance studio and the emptiness of the city following the opening studio scene are what I'm talking about
The Neon Demon and Whiplash have what I'm talking about in them.
>>
File: perfect blue.jpg (261 KB, 1200x1788) Image search: [Google]
perfect blue.jpg
261 KB, 1200x1788
lets get this over with
>>
>>72042088
>The Neon Demon and Whiplash have what I'm talking about in them.

You have total shit taste.
>>
>>72042121
>90's animation
Yeah, I'm looking for a little bit of eye candy here friendo.
>>
Maybe these?

Birdman
Enemy
Enter the Void
Nightcrawler
>>
The Swan Princess (1994)
>>
It's a ripoff of Haneke's The Piano Teacher
>>
Suspiria
>>
>>72042088
I got you OP

The Science of Sleep
Noah
Eyes Wide Shut
The Half Blood Prince
Possession (farthest removed)
Blade Runner
>>
>>72042088
I'd say Enemy (the Denis Villeneuve movie) is the closest to your description.
>>
File: The-Master-J-and-PSH.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The-Master-J-and-PSH.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>>72042088
The Master
>>
>>72043385
*throws up*

Nice teal and orange you PTA cuck
>>
>>72042161
Seriously, watch it. Black Swan is basically Aronofsky's love letter to Satoshi Kon and Perfect Blue.

He bought the rights to the movie just to put a single scene in Requiem, for christ's sake.
>>
File: secret service man.webm (2 MB, 1280x694) Image search: [Google]
secret service man.webm
2 MB, 1280x694
>>72042088
Taxi Driver
In terms of tone, Black Swan is like the female version of Taxi Driver
>>
Brokeback Mountain, fag
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.