[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who, do you think, is the greatest alcoholic actor of their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: richard-burton-014.jpg (636 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
richard-burton-014.jpg
636 KB, 2560x1536
Who, do you think, is the greatest alcoholic actor of their generation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgF1fzCqu-k
>>
>>72040419
Pretty much ever actor is an acoholic, kind of hard to narrow them down.
>>
I really hope against hope that Fassbender is a hopeless alcoholic and absolutely annihilates his penultimate performance after the blockbuster bullshit he's been doing because of Fox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_2HaVGvXdg
>>
>>72040419
Why did the audience keep laughing? Reminded me of the Michael Richards apology on Letterman. What's wrong with American audiences, why do they laugh when it's not appropriate?
>>
Oliver fucking Reed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPXMHZ4XEs0
>>
>>72040554
It's people trying to alleviate the unbelievably uncomfortable situation of being asshole-level drunk and trying to pass it off as "this famous guy is/was a drunk"

Like, fuck, I'm a goddamn drunk, close to what he describes (it's close to 330 AM and I'm drunk and I can't pass a week without being drunk), but he passes it off beautifully; his analogy about boxing is head the fuck on, you never win. You cannot win. Not truly. He either pulls a lucky shot, or you dodge and weave, every single day, but you can never win. It's a mix of people not wanting to confront their demons and people not wanting to indulge their demons and get fucked up; there's no winning here. Best thing to do is survive
>>
>Nobody has mentioned Oliver Reed.

>>72040712
Agreed
>>
>>72041083
jesus christ what the fuck are you rambling about you alcoholic wreck
>>
Robert shaw gets my vote
>>
File: jack.jpg (38 KB, 800x501) Image search: [Google]
jack.jpg
38 KB, 800x501
>>72040554
>>72041083
this is correct, however...

i could not help laughing at the michael richards apology myself. i remember when it happened, but never took the time to watch his apology until just recently. i laughed because he was so insincere about it, and seinfeld was playing a fatherly role, clearly just trying to mitigate the damage to his brand. it is actually, pretty fucking hilarious.
>>
Peter O'Toole
>>
>>72040419
you posted him
>>
>>72040712
More videos like this please
>>
>>72041201
Who was better, O'Toole or Burton?

I think they hit their peaks at different times, but I'm not sure where those peaks are or who was better when.

I think Burton was better in Becket, but just slightly. After '64, I think O'Toole outstripped him, especially with the Lion in Winter.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.