[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is the better spooky but actually really loving family
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: fester ohfuck.png (152 KB, 250x287) Image search: [Google]
fester ohfuck.png
152 KB, 250x287
Which is the better spooky but actually really loving family sitcom?

Adams Family, or the Munsters?

I grew up on the Adams Family movies, so I guess Im kind of biased towards them.
>>
>>72039082
opposite I grew up on Munsters in spanish as a kid. Never got to really watch adams family although I enjoyed both movies.
>>
File: Herman.Munster.jpg (123 KB, 437x480) Image search: [Google]
Herman.Munster.jpg
123 KB, 437x480
>>72039082

I gotta give it to The Munsters, desu
>>
>>72039082
Both shows are great, but considering how the Addams Family functions...

>Gomez and Morticia adore each other and almost never argue.
>Pugsley and Wednesday mess with each other, but they do it because that's what they do and they honestly do it out of love.
>Uncle Fester is basically a 'family leech', but the family adores him and he adores them.
>Every other family member visits often and there are little to no "I hate my in-laws" jokes, because they even love their in-laws.

Honestly, I don't think there's a family that loves each other more than the Addam's Family.
>>
>>72039144
With a lead like that, yeah. Adams Family had better movies.

>Car 54, Where Are You?
>>
>>72039082
In terms of which is better though: I'd say the Munsters. Led to better comedy.

I like the Addams Family more out of pure bias.
>>
>>72039178

I fucking love Fred Gwynne
>>
>>72039082
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TTIqK9nFH8
>>
munsters were pretty normal desu
there normie girl did add a level of oddness to there dynamic though
>>
>>72039277

My fucking childhood
I loved this show so much as a kid, still holds up for me today too
>>
File: Carolyn Jones.jpg (109 KB, 720x536) Image search: [Google]
Carolyn Jones.jpg
109 KB, 720x536
>>72039082
the Munsters is a lot funnier thanks to Grandpa and Herman I'd have to say. The guy who plays Herman makes a lot of funny faces an uses his body language to great effect. He's like the perfect big doofus.

Adams Family comes on super late on of these free channels and I've gotta say...it's really not that funny.

What it certainly does have going for it...is that Morticia is intensely beautiful. Almost too sexy to be on such a stupid ass show.
>>
>>72039082
The Munsters is clearly better in every way: acting performances, scripts, costuming, execution.

I don't even understand where Addamsfags are coming from because if you've actually seen both shows there isn't any contest.
>>
>>72041231
I think the Addams family draw is that they're human. The munsters are all monsters of some variety, vampire, Frankenstein, werewolf, pretty girl, etc.
I think that in itself pushes a few people away
>>
>>72039335
Ive only watched the munsters recently on netflix and I loved the show, wish they would put the addams family show on there since they have the movies, which were pretty good.
>>
>>72039082
Addams Family is so much better, a satire on how eccentric upper-class rich can be. The Munsters just feels like a bourgeois knockoff with less memorable characters and none of the satirical bite.

Anyone who says Munsters is a faggot, they're just boring cut-outs of The Addams Family meets Universal Monsters
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.