[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best quote? I need to purge my system of the new one (don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 6
File: Ghostbusters-1294.jpg (2 MB, 2111x3156) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters-1294.jpg
2 MB, 2111x3156
Best quote?
I need to purge my system of the new one (don't flip your shit I payed for another movie)
>>
>>72038698
>Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES "!
>>
everyone has three mortgages nowadays
>>
>>72038698
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-tYZkJ2p54

objectively best scene of the franchise
>>
Why is the nig nog missing from the pic?
>>
If there's a steady paycheck in it, I'll believe anything you say.
>>
>>72038900

This

"Human sacrifice, cats and dogs living together, MASS HYSTERIA!"
>>
>Tell him about the twinkie.

>What about the twinkie?
>>
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
>>
>answering anything other than "We came, we saw, we kicked its ass."
>>
Next time someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!
>>
LIKE SALAD
>>
"Aim for the flattop!"
>>
File: 1466563973405.gif (430 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1466563973405.gif
430 KB, 480x270
>>72039869
delete your post
>>
It's true. This man has no dick.
>>
>>72038900
Best part wasn't even spoken. It was when Peter told the mayor that he'd win re-election if he let them do their job and he slowly starts to smile, and the camera then cuts to the Arch bishop smiling and nodding to him.

The subtle stuff like that is how you tell it's a great movie.
>>
>>72038914

He only shows up halfway into the movie.
>>
>>72038698
>Would it be disgusting if I said it came from the front?
>>
>You didn't say the magic word.
>And what IS the magic word, Mr. Venkman?
>.....please.
>>
Go ahead! No, I can't. It sounds like you've got at least two or three people in there already.
>>
>>72040101

Venkman's "you don't know please?" face is priceless
>>
>Oh well there's something you don't see every day.

His tone is nonchalant for the incoming destruction of earth. Also

>We’ve been going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft’s okay! He’s a sailor, he’s in New York; we get this guy laid, we won’t have any trouble!
>>
Why worry? Each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back.
>>
>>72039960
Came here to post this. Best line in the film imo
>>
Maybe now you won't slime a guy with a positron collidor huh?!
>>
>He slimed me.
>That's great! Actual physical contact!

>This reminds me of that time you tried to drill a hole through your head?
>That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me.

>Are you, Alice, menstruating right now?
>>
>They conducted rituals up on the roof, bizarre rituals intended to bring about the end of the world, and now it looks like it may actually happen!
>...So be good, for goodness sake! Whoa! Somebody's coming!
>>
>>72039996
>you will have saved the lives of millions of registered voters
>>
>Gozer the Gozerian? Good evening. As a duly-designated representative of the City, County and State of New York, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the next convenient parallel dimension.
>That oughta do it. Thanks very much, Ray.
>>
>>72040408
>Go get 'em Ray!

Side note, how the fuck did Akroyd's character in the movie know what the fuck a class 5 floating vapor was?
>>
>>72038969
>This job is definitely not worth $11,500 a year!
>>
>>72038698
>paid money to see the new one

you deserve suffering
>>
>>72040446
It was probably in all those occult books he reads.
>>
>Personally, I liked the university. They gave us money and facilities, we didn't have to produce anything! You've never been out of college! You don't know what it's like out there! I've worked in the private sector. They expect results.

As a teacher, you have no idea how true this statement is.
>>
So in 1984 did people flip their shit that Gozer was a women or did they play it off as a genderless god?
>>
>>72040485

It was originally going to be Paul Reubens in a business suit, but they went with Slavitza Jovan because she looks more otherworldly.
>>
>>72040450
Can you read?
>>
>>72040525
yes, but i sometimes choose not to.
>>
>>72040513
Actually it was supposed to be a 1920s style everyman suit, to fit the time period of when humans last contacted Gozer.
>>
>>72040485
No one cared about anything back then. It was great.
>>
>>72040485

Gozer was a man, but like Egon said a god can take any form it wants.
>>
>>72038698
"Yeah, we can do a lot more damage that way"
"It wasn't that funny."
"Do, Re, EGON!!"
>>
>>72040648
>"Do, Re, EGON!!"

That was Ghostbusters 2
>>
>I've seen shit that'll turn you WHITE!
>>
>>72040674
...Which is 10x better than Ghostbusters 2k16. Your point?
>>
>>72040726

Well I thought we were just quoting the first movie, but if that's the case

>Let's see what happens when we take away the puppy.
>>
>he slimed me
>>
>>72040740
>"Did you catch the number on the locomotive?"
>"Sorry...I missed it..."
>>
You're right, no *human being* would stack books like this.
>>
I don't understand why people dislike Ghostbusters 2 so much. It's not as good as the first one, sure, but its still fun and has some great moments.

>Your Honor, ladies and gentleman of the audience, I don't think it's fair to call my clients frauds. Sure, the blackout was a big problem for everybody. I was trapped in an elevator for two hours and I had to make the whole time. But I don't blame them. Because one time, I turned into a dog and they helped me. Thank you.
>>
Disappointed nobody has posted the GOAT

>That's a big twinkie
>>
>Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. Based on this morning's sample, it would be a Twinkie... thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.
>That's a big Twinkle

then later
>Tell him about the Twinkie
>What about the Twinkie

>>72040844

It's pretty much what not to do when making a sequel, and by that I mean just make the same movie again.
>>
AT LAST, I AM TRULY A GHOST BUSTER.
>>
>>72038698
>I went so far out of my way to see a movie I knew I wouldn't like, I took extra precautions to make sure both that the movie didn't make any money when I saw it, and no physical evidence exists that I saw it.

You've gone so far up your own ass you can lick your own tonsils. You need to retreat just a tad.
>>
>That's the bedroom, but nothing ever happened in there.
>What a crime.
>>
File: RenaissancePan.jpg (92 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
RenaissancePan.jpg
92 KB, 500x250
>>72040740
Pic related and also
>I had part of a Slinky once, but I straightened it.
>>
>Everything was fine with our system until dickless here turned it off!
>They caused an explosion!
>Is this true?
>Yes, it's true. This man has no dick.
>>
>Listen!.... What's that smell?

Subtle
>>
>Gozer the Gozerian... good evening. As a duly designated representative of the City, County and State of New York, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.

That oughta do it. Thanks very much, Ray.
>>
>>72038698

"WE CAME WE SAW WE KICKED HIS ASS!!!"
>>
>>72040891
Go fuck yourself, you assholes shit on people who don't see shit and say its shit, so one guy finally takes all precautions to actually get a non bias opinion and you still shit on him, go fuck yourself you commie faggot.
>>
>You don't often see that kind of behaviour in a major appliance.
>>
File: ray.jpg (26 KB, 396x450) Image search: [Google]
ray.jpg
26 KB, 396x450
HEIDENJÄGER
>>
>>72040467
Anon meant in the new movie, how does he know?
>>
>>72040484
You realize that line is a knock at your proffesion, yes?
>>
>>72045439
I'm pretty sure he knows people like that.
>>
>>72040485
Gozer was originally Lovecraft's Cthulhu, but they were afraid of getting sued by the makers of D&D, even though it was public domain.
>>
>>72045486
Source.
>>
>>72045500
Some old magazine.
>>
>>72045416
Alternate universe Ray?
>>
>>72045598
>Just trust me brah, it's legit
Yeah, and the first draft of Baywatch included deep ones.
>>
>>72045635
Is your Google broken? Sure, let me go sift through a stack of 30 year old magazines so some anonymous faggot will believe me and my entire week won't be ruined.
>>
>>72045781
>Has a stack of 30 year old magazines
Hording compulsion much?
You google it, you support the claim you made.
>>
File: image.jpg (937 KB, 2732x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
937 KB, 2732x2048
>Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown.
>>
>>72038914
Well the poster is quite dark
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoClm81MWII
>>
>>72045486
They did have Cthulhu in the cartoon show, and it was badass.
>>
>>72045911
>this video is private
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 500x258) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 500x258
> yes, have some

Gets me every time
>>
>>72040485
Gozer can take whatever form he wants to. He just took that female/androgynous form because the actress looked more ethereal and otherworldly. Nobody gave a shit and it was great.
>>
>>72038698
Some moron brought a cougar to a party and it went berserk
>>
>>72038914
ernie hudson?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sEbSABWJiJc

>Back off man, I'm a scientist.
>>
>remember when you tried to drill that hole through your head?

>that would have worked if you hadn't stopped me.
>>
>>72041545
GB 2

>lets see what happens when we take away the puppy...
>>
>>72040873
>It's pretty much what not to do when making a sequel, and by that I mean just make the same movie again.
and yet aliens and terminator 2 did pretty much the same thing.

honestly I liked the second GB film, I have no idea why people hate on it so much.
>>
>>72040740
>lets get out of here ray so you can buy me a calzone
>>
>for one moment ray, just pretend I know nothing about chemistry metallurgy engineering and just tell me what is going on.

>you never studied.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5ohlA__xABw

>you only have 75 more to go

kek
>>
>>72040250
>lets split up
>yeah, we'll do more damage that way.
>>
>That's great Ray, get me a sample.
>>
>>72046670
>his theory actually was correct

Why did I never get this
>>
From the sounds of things its better than what I was expecting. I've always seen the feminist/anti-feminist thing as a red herring by the PR machine to get people talking about the film. Monogender comedy troupes are not just the Hollywood standard but outright traditional and really the only way that I could particularly see the casting in this one as being progressive in any way is that its about scientific subject matter, something women aren't usually involved in. Most female comedy troupes in film are in movies that are either about dating, getting married or being married while guys get a bit more variety. Still though the casting is pretty standard for the modern day with modern comedy sensibilities so I didn't really buy into the whole feminist/anti-feminist angle that the studio was clearly pushing with its PR. Since people were outraged the moment they heard about it (remember, the controversy dates back well over a year and a half) they knew that they could take that ball and run with it. It clearly worked because we're all paying a lot more attention to it than we did Warcraft, Tarzan and Independence Day: Resurgance. Anywho, I was expecting it to be a 2/5 star "don't waste your time" sort of reboot with nothing interesting or insightful to say and be generally inoffensive like the Robocop and Total Recall reboots were. I'm shocked by the positive reception I've been hearing and it sounds like they're correcting some of the glaring flaws the original film had, like with giving Chris Hemsworth's character a major part of the cast as opposed to Annie Potts' character in the original. It doesn't sound groundbreaking and I'm already assuming that it'll be destined to be a footnote to the original like Jurassic World was to Jurassic Park but all told it sounds like a decent enough summer popcorn flick and I think that is all anybody really wanted out of it.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.