[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just back from seeing this in the cinema Some of it went right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: The_Neon_Demon.png (210 KB, 254x392) Image search: [Google]
The_Neon_Demon.png
210 KB, 254x392
Just back from seeing this in the cinema

Some of it went right over my head and i'm hoping you can expand on a few things

spoilers below

What was the significance of the all the stuffed big cat animals in the mansion which I assume was symbolism related to the coyote in jessies motel room

what were they looking at in the strobe light "party" scene where a girl was floating in the air or something

What was the symbolism of when Jessie went out on the catwlak to close the show and it was all inverted triforces?

What was the point of the motel rape scene? what happened with the loli being killed next door?

Why did the famous photographer and the fashion designer have such irrelevant roles? the girls who ate jessie look up to both of them but they have nothing really major to do in the film?

normies laughed like 10x through the film ffs reee

what was the point of the cougar in the motel room?

Why did the girl puke up an intact eyeball like 24hrs after eating it? surely symbolism

or else refn is just a hack?
>>
what the f*ck is with all those spoilers bro
>>
bump really wondering
>>
File: neondemon.png (1 MB, 1591x677) Image search: [Google]
neondemon.png
1 MB, 1591x677
>>72035424
no offense, but look at the archives at your last thread, everything got answered respectively.
>>
>>72037176
They answered the bottom two questions only
>>
>>72035424
>coyote
>>
>>72037268

that was me actually, but the first couple posters answered the rest of your questions desu.

I'll bite and give my input.

1. the big cats were a representation of cat v cat mentality among the women in the film instead of dog v dog. It's very much Elle is in a survival of the fittest mentality at this point after she becomes the weak and temporary alpha.

2. the strobe light scene showed the hatred brewing between the older models and Jena's fucked up sense of have finding a new victim for them to swallow. I said Elle earlier, derp, JESSE. This was a huge reminder that body > self to these fucking crazy bitches and Jesse was on the menu. (food/sex rant reference)

3. The whole runway scene was her converting into the Neon Demon. (Sarah is ultimately the real Neon Demon n the end and we see why)

4. The motel rape scene is open to interpretation. She could have been so paranoid she thought of it all in her head or Keanu and his right-hand-man were really into lolita shit as they mentioned. that's up to you as the viewer to decide. The cougar reference I explained is a direct representation of this in the prior thread.

5. I don't think they were irrelevant at all, they were actually the most important. I think you missed the point and honestly can't go into it further since that was the main thematic element of the film. The relationship of the photographer and the model. Hence the EYE.

the last two I already discussed. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but it wasn't that hard to discover.
>>
>>72035424
nice spoilers dude
>>
I really wanted to see this a second time in theatres, it's going to lose a lot at home.
>>
nice spoilers dude
>>
>>72037605
The eye is the symbol of how people perceive Elle.

The triforce scene is when Elle falls deep into her own ass and thinks she's an unreachable goddess who's made it and cannot be toppled from her throne.

The film is about how naive people like her cannot make it in this world even if they have all the talent/beauty in the world, because they will get swallowed up, non-metaphorically in the movie, by people with less talent but more ambition.

When Elle says she's dangerous, she thinks people are ready to endanger themselves for her because she's a goddess.
She is dangerous, but to herself, because she's a prey to all the cynics/ambitious/pedos. Her mom warned her, but she's a naive brat, so she run and she died.
>>
not sure what all these spoilers are about...
>>
>>72037605 this guy answered some of your doubt alright but I'll add:

The motel scene is one I liked in particular due to the fact that it showed how close Jesse came to being raped by Keanu's character. Plus the big cat in her room clearly came in due to the fact that Keanu tried coming in her room before but she wasn't there.

The eye eating was just reaffirming the fact that the models ate her in order to remain youthful, like Jena Malone's character who was clearly a witch who ate young girls to stay supple. That explains her mansion, regardless of the fact that she claims she's only house sitting. Plus Malone said that she played a witch in an interview.

Nothing really hit me as symbolism. It was all pretty apparent, apart from the big runway moment. Gr8 flick
>>
>>72035424
The cat walk is her getting hypnotized by her success. That's when she turns into the massive self infatuated bitch.

shit flick tbqh
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.