[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does every positive """""review"""""
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1468596361537.png (597 KB, 600x685) Image search: [Google]
1468596361537.png
597 KB, 600x685
Why does every positive """""review""""" of this shit flick shoehorn "funny" into every fucking sentence?
>>
Because it's a comedy movie.
Come on now, shitpost better than that.
>>
So many reviews are like 'The gags are generic, the action scenes are boring... but the cast is perfect!#
>>
>Everything about the movie is complete shit, but I want people to like it. I know, I'll say it's "fun"

Internet reviewers have used this retarded tactic for years
>>
Saying it must make it true, right? Christopher Hitchens and Bonnie McFarlane both proved that women are not funny. This myth is just as annoying as the myth of the wage gap.
>>
WOMEN CAN BE FUNNY
>>
>>72031410
but not in this movie.
>>
>>72031400
Didnt bonnie macfarlane write a book about how funny women are?
>>
>>72031307
This so much. Its like they didnt even try to hide the fact theyre paid. Every positive review ive read is the movie isnt funny and the script isnt good but it sure is fun 10 out of 10.
>>
>>72031127

Because they can't SHOW why it's funny but they know their social justice narrative requires that they make it sound funny, so they resort to TELLING readers that it's funny instead. First rule of creative writing: show don't tell.
>>
>>72031452
She made a documentary that centered around what Hitchens had said and proved him right in the process.
>>
Because Ghostbusters had funny jokes. It was in no way a deadpan movie full of bleak humor about life, death, and the unknown. Girls rule!
>>
Because they think the masses are so braindead that if you just drill words into their heads enough times they'll believe you
>>
>female scientists

That's very funny, actually
>>
I don't think the original Ghostbusters is funny. Not pants-down funny to call it a funny movie or even a comedy. It's more bro-tier, cool entertaining sci-fi with plenty of ideas.

I don't know why would you need four FUNNEEE gals for this thing instead of four leads with chemistry, which is what made the original truly great.
>>
>>72031400
>Hitchens
oh the guy who thought that women had to act like men to be funny, and automatically reversed his point by saying some women are funny because they maybe, somehow, resemble men.

... by being jewish?

>There are more terrible female comedians than there are terrible male comedians, but there are some impressive ladies out there. Most of them, though, when you come to review the situation, are hefty or dykey or Jewish, or some combo of the three. ...
>While Jewish humor, boiling as it is with angst and self-deprecation, is almost masculine by definition.

he makes literally no sense.
>>
>>72031410
women are inherently unfunny to many, not because they can't tell a joke, but their defining traits in society prevents them. E.g. they mostly don't even care what a female says.
>>
What are you all talking about? Women are incredible funny. Just watch one tell a joke and hear all the betas exploding in hearty laughter.
>>
>>72031637
Male humor is heavily self depreciating, like "check out how fat and weak I am". Meanwhile female humor is "I have a vagina". Analyzed like that they're both kind of shit. It's what the comedians do with it.
>>
>>72031127
women aren't funny, so they have to shove the lie down everyone's throat.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.