[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kick-Ass is marvel's best movie with the best action scenes.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: BigDaddy.webm (3 MB, 1080x446) Image search: [Google]
BigDaddy.webm
3 MB, 1080x446
Kick-Ass is marvel's best movie with the best action scenes. Fuck off with your shitty
>omg so epic metal shield+metal arm
Winter soldier gets overrated by this board.

Blade is also very good.
>>
>>72028762
Kick-Ass was decent, but I think Iron Man and Winter Soldier were both much better. Kick-Ass started out presenting itself as a "what if people tried to be superheroes in real life" movie, then kind of went back on its own premise and became a regular superhero movie (a 10-year old girl wrecking dozens of armed criminals, the main character running around after having several bones broken, etc.). At least Iron Man and Winter Soldier were consistent.
>>
>>72029057
Iron man is good too, because it was still an above average action movie. Winter soldier really isn't all that impressive, it's just another generic action movie. I also think Kick-Ass has more impressive action scenes (like in OP). But I guess it's just my opinion or something.
>>
>>72028762
>>72029273
This is a pretty shit action sequence tbqhwyf
Haven't seen KA in a long time so maybe there are better ones other than pic related but if it's one of the better ones than that's kind of sad.
>>
>>72028762
Kick-Ass is a failure of a movie, simply because by the end it became the sort of brainless capeshit it was initially parodying. And the sequel is unwatchable garbage.

Super is much better.
>>
GotG, Ant-Man > > > Iron Man > > > Everything else including The Overrated Soldier
>>
>>72028762
Kick-Ass was a poor-man's Super for people who liked comic book movies
>>
>>72028762
>Kick-Ass
>Marvel
>>
>>72029443
Technically, it's a Marvel imprint comic. The writer is pretty much the reason the Ultimate comics were so big at one point.
>>
>>72029361
Super has the exact same problem with its final action scene though
If Holy Avenger was a show I would watch that
>>
>>72029057
>>72029361

This. I really liked the initial premise of some random guy just deciding to be a superhero and how the early scenes were all him getting his ass kicked by common criminals who he tries to confront. Should've stayed that way and have him figure out at least semi-realistic ways to not get the shit kicked out of him every time, instead he ends of flying around in a jetback mowing down the mafia with a minigun...
>>
>>72029480
Super isn't a parody.
>>
>>72029480
No it doesn't
Watch Super again, the last scene/act is not like any comic book film you've ever seen.
Also, Super isn't a parody, it's a deconstruction
>>
>>72028762
I really liked Kick-Ass, but the action wasn't that good, it was just violent and raw which made it feel different. Also Kick-Ass only works because of Cage's legendary performance.
>>
>>72029482
Didn't happen in the comic, he just had a high tolerance to pain.

There was no bazooka or jetpack
>>
>>72029508
>literal sound effect bubbles pop up on screen
>i-its not a parody guys
It does try to stay more grounded than Kick Ass but Super is just as much of a parody/attempted deconstruction with the same unraveling near the end
>>
>>72029591
>action
>not supposed to be violent
Are you American by any chance?
>>
>>72029361
>>72029413
Both were very different takes on a similar idea. Either way, I love both movies for what they are and wish people would stop comparing them so much. Special is the better film anyways desu
>>
>>72029619
I never said it's not supposed to be violent, just that most other movies at the time - and to this day - are so neutered. Kick-Ass had blood and gore, modern "action films" just have people falling down after being fired at by invisible bullets.
>>
>>72029672
And that makes it... not good?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.