[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i write like him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: 930004-david-lynch.jpg (127 KB, 943x1200) Image search: [Google]
930004-david-lynch.jpg
127 KB, 943x1200
how do i write like him?
>>
Two columns. That's all I can tell you.
>>
TM and good dental hygiene.
>>
Do you like weather, anon?
>>
File: CjPSzO5VAAAk37R.jpg (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CjPSzO5VAAAk37R.jpg
50 KB, 600x600
>>72027196
Be a precocious artist in the midwest, then move to a shitty part of Philadelphia to learn fine arts and start a family,
>>
Drugs.

Also, you need a good composer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwvSFOEfHJE
>>
File: 1452963145900.jpg (24 KB, 284x423) Image search: [Google]
1452963145900.jpg
24 KB, 284x423
>>72027196
>I like things to be orderly. For seven years I ate at Bob's Big Boy. I would go at 2:30, after the lunch rush. I ate a chocolate shake and four, five, six, seven cups of coffee--with lots of sugar. And there's lots of sugar in that chocolate shake. It's a thick shake. In a silver goblet. I would get a rush from all this sugar, and I would get so many ideas! I would write them on these napkins. It was like I had a desk with paper. All I had to do was remember to bring my pen, but a waitress would give me one if I remembered to return it at the end of my stay. I got a lot of ideas at Bob's.
>>
File: CZLkVATVAAAFdrJ.jpg (35 KB, 427x448) Image search: [Google]
CZLkVATVAAAFdrJ.jpg
35 KB, 427x448
>>72027634
He's hinted that TM became his salvation from a potentially harmful habit.
>>
>>72027512
>"Philadelphia, more than any filmmaker, influenced me. It's the sickest, most corrupt, decaying, fear-ridden city imaginable. I was very poor and living in bad areas. I felt like I was constantly in danger. But it was so fantastic at the same time."

>"It all started for me in Philadelphia because it's old enough, and it's got enough things in the air to really work on itself. It's decaying but it's fantastically beautiful, filled with violence, hate and filth."

Guess I'm not the only one who feels like I'm going to die each time I go there
>>
File: based man.jpg (73 KB, 343x500) Image search: [Google]
based man.jpg
73 KB, 343x500
>>72027196
>how do i write like him?
Lynch works with images and sounds, not words and story lines.
>>
>>72027196
keep a dream journal and also start watching classic Hollywood films from the 40's and 50's, film noir, thrillers and dramas in particular. Now mix the films you've seen with the darker, less hopeful dreams you've had and voila
>>
File: Orphee.gif (2 MB, 400x261) Image search: [Google]
Orphee.gif
2 MB, 400x261
>>72027767
And European surreal films.
>>
>>72027634
Couple of fuckin geniuses those two guys, damn.
>>
>>72027740
This

A true artist
>>
>>72027920
That too, I fucking love Cocteau. I watch Beauty and the Beast at least once a year
>>
>>72027717
That part of Philly he spent time in is now listed as Art Musuem/Fairmount and has exorbitant real estate values.

The city really isn't that bad now.
>>
what should I read to become lynch
>>
File: can't clinch the lynch.jpg (15 KB, 276x368) Image search: [Google]
can't clinch the lynch.jpg
15 KB, 276x368
>>72028101
>>72027196

start with these

http://www.thecityofabsurdity.com/quotecollection/index.html
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.