[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Emmys: Nearly 25% of Acting Nominees Are Non-White
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: rayciss.jpg (59 KB, 540x690) Image search: [Google]
rayciss.jpg
59 KB, 540x690
>For the second year in a row, the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences can laugh at movies’ #OscarsSoWhite problem. Actors of color nabbed 18 of the major 73 acting nominations in the categories of lead and supporting performers in drama, comedy, and limited series. That’s just shy of 25%, and even an improvement over last year’s historic Emmys, where 16 actors of color were among the 75 nominees.

>Every category for a lead actor featured a nominee of color: First-time nominee Rami Malek, who is Egyptian-American, broke into the club for lead actor in a drama, which last year was entirely white. Similarly, “black-ish”’s Tracee Ellis Ross broke the color barrier in lead actress for a comedy, which was also an all-white slate last year.
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/emmy-diversity-acting-nominations-rami-malek-aziz-ansari-1201814618/

We did it reddit
>>
>race is more important than talent
Why are SJWs so fucking dumb?
>>
>>72025358
Yeah acting skills and talent don't matter as long as your not white
>>
>>72025422
a better question is why are whites so fucking dumb to allow this shit, and some even support it?

70% white country where shitskins are untouchable.
>>
>>72025488
>Implying Rami Malek isn't a good actor
>Implying he wasn't amazing in Until Dawn

Suck a duck,
>>
>>72025358
>Nearly 25% of Acting Nominees Are Non-White
Is that supposed to impress anyone? That still leaves 75% of the actors being white.
>>
>implying Jews are white
>implying Australians are white
>implying Europeans are white
>implying England isn't tainted with gypsy blood
>implying white males are not the minority in cinema
>>
IIRC, Asians, Hispanics, hell, even Australians had no problem getting nominations at the Oscars

Blacks were the only ones that sucked enough to not get nominated
>>
>>72025358
Because only niggers have time to watch TV.

Us White people are too busy working and paying taxes so the African Jew can live comfortably.
>>
Rami Malek is cool. I hope he wins, although he won't.
>>
>Art and media is about race and identity-politics, rather than talent and merit.
>Awards should have racial-quotas.

Daily reminder that Liberals are a cancer and are actively making society worse.
>>
>>72026788
Well, if you look at the percentage of whites and non-whites in the country, i think that is pretty impressive because it means minorities are getting more accurately recognized.
I think some 30-40% of Americans are non-white so there's still a way to go, but you're getting there
>>
faith in humanity = restored
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.