[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Neon Demon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 15
File: 1_jUNDeTEvI8L-iWHG0NnPrA[1].jpg (241 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
1_jUNDeTEvI8L-iWHG0NnPrA[1].jpg
241 KB, 2000x1125
Why did they hate it so much? It was pretty good in a fucked up way.
>>
The camera loved Jena Malone. It defeated the purpose.
>>
>>72025323
yeah but she was a dyke and nobody's ever heard of a lesbian model especially one who wears parachute pants.
>>
>>72025345
>ywn be a lesbian fashion model
>>
>>72025266
General audiences have been conditioned by decades of blockbusters to distrust and resent any movie that prioritises aesthetics over plot.
>>
who is they? Everyone i have heard talk about this movie has liked/loved it
>>
>>72025476
This movie had more substance than Drive.
>>
>>72025266

It was a welcome difference from the complete shit show the summer release schedule has been this year. Finally got to see Jena Malone topless although that was a complete disappointment. Otherwise, it was good but I doubt it'll be anything that most people will remember in five years.
>>
who is this sem..i mean neon demon?!
>>
>>72025615
Drive had real human beings with recognizable motivations. This had necrophiliac cannibals and real lolita shit.
>>
>>72025780
>Drive had real human beings with recognizable motivations.
no it had a virgin male power fantasy. Neon Demon is a virgin female power fantasy. it's also a better movie.
>>
>>72025266
So did she have a nude scene or not?
>>
>>72025843
no but she gets in her panties and takes them off for one pivotal scene (they don't show anything, just from the side and the neck up)
>>
>>72025523
47% on RT
>>
>>72025345
She was also a giant beta. Jena attempt at seducing Elle was terrible she should have waited longer to bed her
>>
This is probably the best looking film I've ever seen in a cinema, refn is a visual genius
>>
So who killed the motel girl?
>>
>>72025919
she couldn't control herself, like all of the other female characters. she was weak.

I love how the male characters were all inspired by her in some way while the women were reduced to their worst traits in her presence.
>>
File: lurkingmike.png (153 KB, 308x294) Image search: [Google]
lurkingmike.png
153 KB, 308x294
Is there a decent download out there yet?
They never played it in my entire state.
>>
>>72025967
I think your kinda missing the point with all the characters in movie.

The male characters are horrible people to just less explicit then the woman. Keanu was a pimp serial killer Elle may have been his next victim.

The photographer didn't give shit about anyone and represent how model agency treat girls if a new hot
girl came to town he would have rightfully discard Elle for her.

Dean was okay kinda similar to Jena but to beta and normal to actually go ape crazy revenge for how she treat him at the end.
>>
>>72026179
I'm with you on Keanu, almost forgot about that character because he just disappeared from the movie.

BUT, the other two characters you mentioned, were definitely inspired by Jesse. The photographer seemed to be in a rut, and if it were any other girl, he might have given her the casting couch treatment (Jena Malone was obviously worried about that, maybe the guy has a reputation). But something clicks in the guy's head when he sees Jesse, and he pulls out this special equipment. He does AMAZING work, probably the best work he's ever done, because he was inspired by her.

Same with the fashion mogul guy who was in Dexter and Justified: He was listless and bored until he saw Jesse, then his eyes light up, he suddenly cares about beauty. He is inspired enough to defend the true essence of beauty to his peers. This is because of what Jesse brought out of him.

She is their muse.
>>
File: milo.jpg (32 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
milo.jpg
32 KB, 512x512
>>72025266
Because 30-something hag bloggers are pissed that they are well-passed their sellby date and are trying to make it seem like a greivious sin and crime to want to date/fuck women younger them they are.
>>
>>72025266
>It was pretty good

Life our lord Refn said in an interview, you talk in terms of good and bad about a fucking sandwich, not a work of art, you gigantic pleb.
>>
>>72026493
>implying a sandwich can't be a work of art
what the fuck is Refn's problem? what does he have against sandwiches?
>>
File: the-neon-demon-jena-malone.jpg (391 KB, 2208x1474) Image search: [Google]
the-neon-demon-jena-malone.jpg
391 KB, 2208x1474
>>72026179
>>72026372
it's debatable if Keanu was a crazy killer or not
for the photographer solo shoot, i think Jena was looking out for Elle because she was protecting that pussy for herself
self interest not altruism
also, you need to not forget the fashion industry is a business in which looks matter the most
if your model is getting old, 20+, and a new young thing comes along, why wouldn't you drop the old hang and get the new hotness? there is no inherent loyalty between designer and model
its also pretty obvious the fashion designer was gay so he has no sexual interest in the models
it's purely about aesthetics with him
he believes natural beauty is the most precious comedy and it makes his designs better when associated with it
>>
>>72026372
Maybe your right about the photographe, Elle was special so it's possible she became his actual muse.

Also I don't know about Dean hes nice person in the movie but I felt like there something more shady to him Elle just stop that that from happening by breaking up with him.

Also I felt like Jena wanted something like the photographer and Elle.
>>
>>72025827
>Neon Demon is a virgin female power fantasy.
that would only be true if Elle had won
>>
>>72026694
you got me there. a female virgin cautionary tale?
>>
>>72025921
this
>>
File: elle fanning golden goddess.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
elle fanning golden goddess.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
>>72026717
that you need to be cautious if your a virgin? i.e. stay a virgin or loose it as fast as possible?
>>
Wait, you guys reckon Keanu was the crazy killer?
I assumed that that was a scenario Ruby had set up to convince Jessie to come stay with her considering they're all ready to kill her like the next day
>>
>>72026641
Dean got HIS best work out of Jesse too. That photo shoot at the beginning was brilliant to look at. Hell, he probably would have been in the inner circle if he had kept his fucking mouth shut during the dinner scene.
>>
>>72026811
well if Jesse was willing to get fucked by everyone who wanted her (Keanu, Jena Malone) she probably would have survived to the end.
>>
>>72026819
Yeah, what was up with Christina Hendricks calling that shoot amateurish?
It was awesome
>>
>>72026811
Elle died a virgin. So in this case if she would have just fucked Jena she would have lived.
>>
>>72026849
>>72026904
but if Elle got with Jena, she would have gotten eaten ;-p
>>
File: jena_malone12-300x300.jpg (46 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
jena_malone12-300x300.jpg
46 KB, 300x300
>>72026971
Jena was so filthy in this movie. she used to be so nice and wholesome :(
>>
>>72027098
Wha-what the fuck is this?! WHAT IS HE DOING TO HER?!
>>
>>72026971
>Implying they wouldn't have gotten into happy relationship after they fuck

Also why is a Older woman/younger girl pair so abusive and possessive. This film and Cracks make it seem so unappealing
>>
>>72026817
I think it might have been Dean. Think about it.
>>
The photographer was just an artist with a vision. He didn't care about her. Just his art. She was his canvas. It makes him a bad person, but probably the least destructive (apart from the jealousy that entailed from everyone else). He is the man. In charge. Whatever he does, everyone follows.
>>
>>72027023
A fellow Jena fan! Let's hold hands <3
>>
File: plebs.png (6 KB, 506x50) Image search: [Google]
plebs.png
6 KB, 506x50
>>72025266
Normies don't understand kino
>>
>>72028513
but Jesse gave him that vision. without her he would have been doing that limp shit he was doing before she came in.
>>
>>72028531
korine lol. he made two good movies.
>>
ROOM TWO FOURTEEN
GOTTA BE SEEN

that line will be forever etched into my brain and kino history.
>>
>>72025266
>>72028635
SOME REAL LOLITA SHIT
>>
>>72028490
because she always goes to him when she's scared or needs help?
makes sense i suppose
but he never gave off any impression of being unhinged like that, he actually seemed fairly well-adjusted
>>
File: normies actually believe this.png (6 KB, 506x48) Image search: [Google]
normies actually believe this.png
6 KB, 506x48
>>72028595
Spring Breakers is very much kino, in a non-meme manner.
>>
File: clouds of sils maria 2014.webm (2 MB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
clouds of sils maria 2014.webm
2 MB, 1280x536
>>72027208
>Older woman/younger girl pair so abusive and possessive
i haven't seen it, but doesn't Clouds of Sils Maria share that theme? Carol too?
>>
>>72027098
no wonder she's a dyke and hates men
>>
>>72027098
>Elle's sister stars in Hounddog
>Jena stars in a very similar movie

Refn knew what he was doing. It's like poetry.
>>
is there a torrent of this
>>
File: Jena Malone and Laura Ramsey.jpg (2 MB, 2480x3296) Image search: [Google]
Jena Malone and Laura Ramsey.jpg
2 MB, 2480x3296
>>72028794
>she's a dyke
eh, she's toned it down honestly
got that mature lesbo vide going instead of burning angel turbo strapon lesbo slut thing
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9PCxz3KyFc
>>
File: cracks 8.jpg (17 KB, 636x354) Image search: [Google]
cracks 8.jpg
17 KB, 636x354
>>72028771
Haven't seen Sils Maria so can't comment but even though Cracks and the Neon Demon are very different.

Eva green and Jena character are a little similar both want to bang underage girls and started relationship with them to become them and both comes as across as being autistic and beta as hell with their obsessive with them.

Only difference between Eva and Jena is that Eva succeed in raping her underage bait by getting her completely drunk and Jena does necrophilia, but I guess Eva does that a little to by the end of Cracks.
>>
>>72029441
Elle came off as a bit autistic to me
>>
>>72026618
precious commodity *
>>
>>72029689
I honestly just thought that was just her being a narrcist bitch.
>>
Is there a webm or clip of the sex scene, necrophillia or otherwise. That's all I really care about.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.