[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feedback on a short thriller film I made [12 mins]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO94o_Ol3Vg
>>
The rape scene was way too much
>>
I've called the FBI, you're obviously an absolute madman!
>>
Terrible sound design, main actor is shit
>>
File: womenuber.png (57 KB, 250x210) Image search: [Google]
womenuber.png
57 KB, 250x210
Feed bag on a small 1hour movie I make:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnoYOPg5GLQ
>>
I preferred your earlier work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd8ZAS6TdIQ
honestly Im a minute in and its not terrible. decent enough good effort pham
>>
>I'm almost there give me five more minutes
>you've got 2

The memes are real.
>>
I clicked to 3 different points and watched for a second each time. From this I gathered that im not going to help you.
>>
>>72013714
Main actor is seriously abysmal. Other than that, it's kind of good. I'd be very happy being able to make something like that.
>>
>>72013714
Technical side wasn't very good (even my old little handycam has better audio!) and the main "actor" was bad. Dialogue was also weak. I liked the ending though...
>>
>>72013768
>murricans
>>
The stale writing often brings forced emotions making scenes look like a scene and takes you outta the cinematic atmosphere
>>
>>72013714
The acting was probably the weakest part of this. Andrew shouldn't have spoke aloud to himself so much it would have been more powerful to read his silent expressions. He also looks a lot like CIA so that did help.

Anyways it's not cringe, the filming itself was good.
>>
>>72013714
>doesn't take place in Ukraine

CHEKI BREKI
>>
Is the main actor Joel Edgerton in drag?
>>
>>72013768
what did she do before she started filming?
I want to know.
>>
bad actors, extreme shaved eyebrows on the guy.
I lasted 52 seconds.
Meh, underwhelming also the music was not faded and seems well amateurism.
>>
>>72014032
>>72017642
this desu
>>
>>72013714
I know somebody named Sheikh and I absolutely hate their guts. Not bad, though.
>>
>>72013714
I liked it, main actor could use some work but I think part of it was the forced dialogue and exposition he had to deal with. Should have showcased more of your technical filming skills before you let the actor talk, because as soon as he spoke I could only think about how shitty his delivery is and it made it instantly feel like a student film and I started looking for other flaws.

If you have the footage, I would re-edit to make him talk as little as possible. Most of his lines were unnecessary exposition anyway.

Some of the scene transitions aren't very smooth as well, but I thought it was filmed well. Part of it may be the sound editing, which is tough without pros.

I think it's a great effort, marred by lackluster acting. Keep at it, I know you sensed his sub-par scenes, you just need to learn to work better with what you've got. Almost all of his lines were unnecessary.

The technical filming was great, I think you have a bright future as a cinematographer but I'd leave the writing/actor direction to somebody else.

All in all a good effort, I've been following your work and watching you develop.

Good luck and keep at it.
>>
File: image.png (168 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
image.png
168 KB, 385x385
>I'll be there in 5 minutes...you've got 2.
>"What are you, some kind of StalkerTM?"
>stalker uses sticky notes
>"Want to play?"
>"Game over. You lose."
>>
>>72018488
Based frogposter
>>
Was it filmed on a phone? The camera work is terrible
>>
>>72017772
guy is a faggot in a peacoat unlikely to call a nigger an asshole in the street.
Major problem with the sound(minor).
You have an actress, show some clevage, otherwise do not show a woman.
Why am I suppose to like this whiny man.
Over dramatic acting , then again, bad acting it should have been natural.
I also think would work better is the camera focus was not so close up.
The English sayings are so out of place, brits also never go dutch and have a tab, why is he drinking vodka, or heaven forbid tequila in the middle of the day.
Seems way out of place in dialogue are you trying to use dialect.
I would focus less on the scenes locaton and more on the story/plot/character development.
>Main character narrates everything
Do not do this.
Pros: I liked the grill breathing.
Those rings on the video, I doubt this was deliberate.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.