[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Reactions Are Highly Positive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
>Star Trek Beyond screened for junket press in L.A., and they were allowed to tweet their thoughts about the film afterwards.It’s encouraging, and some very trustworthy folks are singing the praises of Star Trek Beyond.

>Many say that this is a vast improvement over Star Trek Into Darkness, and they’re praising not only the film’s script and humor, but also that it feels like an episode of Star Trek: The Original Series, which is a far cry from J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek movies, which don’t feel like Star Trek at all.

/TV/ BTFO

Star Trek is back

Dirtbikes and all
>>
Into Darkness was a terrible movie and it got good reviews
>>
File: STB.jpg (87 KB, 502x681) Image search: [Google]
STB.jpg
87 KB, 502x681
>Big sigh of relief: STAR TREK BEYOND is a blast. Easily the best of the new series.

>Just saw #StarTrekBeyond, and it's infinitely better than Star Trek Into Darkness. One of the most entertaining Trek films.

>STAR TREK BEYOND: slick, self-contained & has the best music cue of any blockbuster this yr. by 2016 standards, it’s the sistine chapel.

>No idea what the hardcore will think, but I reeeeeally enjoyed STAR TREK BEYOND. This should have been the sequel to '09.

>#StarTrekBeyond makes #RevengeOfTheSith look like #Tomorrowland

>#StarTrekBeyond is a lot of fun. Leagues better than Into Darkness. I don't like it quite as much as 2009 though.

>Had a lot of fun with Star Trek Beyond! Simple McGuffin story, but it has great energy, character utilization, and big blockbuster moments.

>Simon Pegg's co-writing on @StarTrek Beyond balances humor & action which makes up for a few big hiccups in an otherwise entertaining flick
>>
Simon Pegg even based the female character off the most successful actress of modern times

>"We were trying to create this very independent character," Simon explains to USA Today. "But we didn't have a name for it. So we just called it 'Jennifer Lawrence in Winter's Bone.' That's a long name. So it started getting tiring always saying, 'Well, Jennifer Lawrence in Winter's Bone is fighting here. So then we started calling her J. Law. And then she became Jaylah."
>>
>>72013363
>Fun, pretty dark, lots of fan moments
is this all that is wrong with today's Hollywood in one tweet?
>>
FIRST REACTIONS ARE HIGHLY POSITIVE? COLOR ME IMPRESSED
>>
>>72013461

Is -this real?
>>
>>72015896

http://www.tv3.ie/xpose/article/entertainment-news/210293/Jennifer-Lawrence-inspired-Star-Trek-Beyond-heroine

Boutella is still my waifu regardless of her character's despicable origins
>>
>>72014979
>everything modern sucks xD
>le 80 amiright??

kys
>>
The fact that Kirk is actively trying to get some alien booty from a co-star shows that it's in the spirit of the show.
>>
>>72013212
That's a really cool poster. Digging the TMP reference.
>>
>>72016480
le meme

Kirk was never a sex machine like pop culture think he was.
>>
>>72016480
>The fact that Kirk is actively trying to get some alien booty from a co-star shows that it's in the spirit of the show.

You mean like he did in the first 2 movies?
>>
#FASTANDTHEFURIOUSTREK
WOOOOO YEAA BOEEYYYYYYYYY
I LIVE FOR THIS SHIT *ENGAGING WARP 9*
>>
>>72016528

Most of the posters have been great. That honestly got me more hyped than any trailers. Whoever is handling their marketing is doing a good job. They look very classic Trek.

>>72013363
>#StarTrekBeyond makes #RevengeOfTheSith look like #Tomorrowland

What does that even mean? It makes a bad movie look like forgettable Lindelof trash?
>>
>>72015896
>he can't stand it
>>
>>72016622
>Whoever is handling their marketing is doing a good job
Thereception of the first trailer was pretty poor though, but it's nice to see how they bounced back from that.
But yeah, it's nice to see this sort of modern take on a more old-school composition for movie posters. Especially after how bland the one for Into Darkness was.
I'm getting pretty hyped now.
>>
>>72016622
>Whoever is handling their marketing is doing a good job
It's OP. Nobody else would create threads about this trash every day for months and months.
>>
OOGA BOOGA COUNTING ON IT
>>
if i know nothing of star trek would this be good start?

t.huge star wars fag
>>
>>72013316
thats a good point. Also why isnt BASED Karl Urban on the cover? He should be the main character tbqh. Pegg probably wrote him out of the movie due to his "toxic masculinity"
>>
>>72013461
>"We were trying to create this very independent character,"
what the fuck does that even mean?
>>
File: Kzm3uFL.jpg (2 MB, 1080x5800) Image search: [Google]
Kzm3uFL.jpg
2 MB, 1080x5800
>>72018365
No.
>>
>>72018371
>Pegg probably wrote him out of the movie due to his "toxic masculinity"

Slow your roll anon, we've seen him in trailers.
>>
>>72018436

Wait the Final Frontier is the one with God?

I thought the Motion Picture was that
>>
>>72018436
Is there one of these for TNG?
>>
>>72018436
>The Undiscovered Country
>Only 'good'
rmdvgp (repositioning my damn variable geometry pylons)
>>
>>72018580
There's a link at the bottom.
>>
>>72018495
The Motion Picture is the one with V'ger.
>>
>>72018495
Nah, The Motion Picture is the shitty 2001 wannabe.
>>
>>72016537
nah.. I just watched TOS last month and he is.
>>
>>72018831
He's constantly turning down women, not seeking them out.
>I can't love you because... I'm al-ready. In love. With a beautiful lady. Her name is... Enterprise.

The most time he ever spends with a woman is when he has amnesia and thinks he's Native American.
>>
>>72013212
The last Star Trek was good and well received, but I don't remember shit about it.

Well-made, forgettable crap, that is.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.