[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This board is trash. I am always looking for people talking about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6
File: 1467943281652.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
1467943281652.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1366
This board is trash. I am always looking for people talking about good potential movies to see but its the same old dog shit over and over.

How bout a productive thread for once.

>1 movie you recently saw
>1 movie you have been wanting to see

And what you thought of any of them. Overall try and avoid the super mainstream shit, but ultimately it will still be more productive then 99% of the trash posted here.

>
>>
>>72006301
You start.
>>
>>72006301
>The Big Lebowski
>Weiner-Dog (FUCKED up movie t bh)
>Literally any Kubrick movie
>>
File: 1464175188603.gif (2 MB, 233x302) Image search: [Google]
1464175188603.gif
2 MB, 233x302
really liked : batman vs superman

recently saw : hail ceasar (liked it)

want to see : knight of cups
>>
>Kelly's Heroes
>John Wick
>Whiplash
I need to stop putting it off and watch it already
>>
>>72006301
1. The Neon Demon
2. The Neon Demon/ Nicolas does it again with amazing visuals and a seductive pull that really makes me want to see it again
3. Blade Runner 2/ I really am curious as to what else they can do with a continuation of one of the greatest sci Fi movies of all time, also Ryan Gosling is signed up so now I'm really excited.
>>
>>72006459
Whiplash is worth your time it is really intense and gets your blood pumping
>>
>1 Movie you really like
Bvs

Tarzan and neon demon

Suicide squad
>>
>>72006754
How can you unironically like bvs
>>
>>72006830
become a patrician, then you'll understand.
>>
>>72006850

BTFO
>>
>>72006850
What's patrician
>>
>>72006301
Ok anon

>Branded to Kill
Wonderful film. Has an intense dreamlike quality; lots of stuff almost makes sense but not quite, and the transitions are so drastic that it feels like ending one dream and beginning another. Great assassination scenes too. 9.5/10

>Batman Returns
Pretty fun desu. Plot was generic and script was ass but the individual performances were all great and, as always, Burton's atmosphere was excellent. 6.5/10

>Brazil
I've never heard anything bad about this movie and I liked 12 Monkeys.

>>72006915
It means their taste is as shit as everyone else's but they're smug about it.
>>
>>72006850
REKT
>>
>1 Movie you really like
Apocalypto. Mel Gibson should direct more.

Margin Call, decent movie with Kevin Spacey about Lehmann Brothers and the downfall of the bank just before the 2008 financial crisis. Oversimplifies a few things but still a very watchable flick.

The Neon Demon, still not a good rip out there.
>>
>Mulholland Drive, I feel this was Lynch at his best personally

>The Invitation, neat indie horror film that does an excellent job of building tension

>Only God Forgives, I've liked everything else by No Refunds Nick I'd probably like this
>>
>>72006977
Just torrent The Neon Demon and send NWR $20 This film is godly
>>
>>72006301
Forbidden Planet (ultimate comfy movie)
Neon Demon (Drive 3: Real Lolita Shit)
Strange Brew (seems goofy, perfect)

>>72006459
>Kelly's Heroes
POSITIVE WAVES
>>
>>72007044
I literally just posted this in the bane thread. Its not worth a copypasta anon
>>
> Snowpiercer - very original idea, and quite good production quality, wish there were more original idea movies like this coming out

>green room - was ok but felt really awkward right from the start to the finish, like it wasn't sure what it was trying to accomplish.

>also recently saw eye in the sky - was surprisngly good, quite tense throughout, aaron paul was surprisngly good

>want to see : neon demon and lights out

>
>>
>Heat
>Jagten (watch this!)
>Ben-Hur (not sure why I still haven't seen this)

>>72006459
Whiplash is great
>>
>>72007754
Ben Hur is amazing

do it asap
>>
>>72007773
thanks anon
>>
Cobra Verde
Minority Report
Dark Passage
>>
>1 Movie you really like
Jurassic Park, practical effects are amazing
New Ghostbusters
Magnificent Seven
>>
>Whiplash
>Jack Reacher
>The Neon Demon

Been watching my Refn backlog while waiting for it. Only got Bleeder left.
>>
>1 Movie you really like
The Thing
The nice guys
Gattaca
>>
>>72008158
was Nice Guys good? i wanted to see it but it was out of the theater before I could
>>
>>72006301
>gattaca
>central Intelligence
>heat
>>
>the double life of veronique
hit more than a little too close to home. liked it more than the three colors tbqh.

>the neon demon
one of refns worst movies imo. i get it, he's kinda parodying himself in a way, but he's too autistic to fully into women and it doesn't really work as a movie or do anything for me. only god forgives is much more interesting and so is basically all his other work.

>blade runner sequel
i mean.. between the casting and crew and some of the comments during pre-production/development, im feelin like i see where they might be goin with a few things and really getting hype. i hope they retain the ambiguity of the original and its only loosely connected and stands on its own. if this ends up being more about answers than questions i might lose my shit and end up putting something thru the screen.

who /existential crisis/ here?
>>
>>72008209
yes
>>
>>72006301
>really liked
Batman vs superman

>recently saw
The jazz singer(1927)

>want to see
Days of Heaven
>>
>>72008244
Heat is a fantastic film. It's a very realistic film and damn it looks beautiful.
>>
>>72008209
It was fun
>>
Movie I really like: John Carter of Mars.
Actually I don't love it, but I enjoyed it enough to watch it 3 times, the third time in a drunk haze as I imagined being teleported to an alien desert to forget about my shitty life and have adventures instead

Movie I recently saw: The VV itch.
Good brooding horror with a real feeling of doom. felt sorry for the family even the father. Surprised this film got made as it is very "authentic"- many alleged period movies have characters who behave and think like 21 st century people

Film I'd like to see: Battle Angel Alita. I re-read the manga over He last couple of days and it really is a fucking excellent story, one of the few jap comics genuinely worthy of being made into a movie.
>>
>1 Movie you really like
Memento
Can't think of shit
Synecdoche, New York
>>
>Movie I Like
The Brothers Bloom - It's really just such a charming movie with a lot of style and a bit of ambition. The story is just kind of shallow but the cast knocks out all the roles.

>Movie I Recently Watched
Jodorowsky's Dune - Definitely a great documentary about probably one of the more interesting directors out there. Don't really like Jodorowsky's films nor do I think Dune would have been good, but the general story about the movie's production is interesting and the documentary is well made.

>Movie I Want to See
OG Blade Runner - I'm really into the setting but I already know the ending through spoilers and I really just can't get myself to sit through it
>>
>>72006354
I've only seen 2001, Clockwork Orange, Shining, & Full Metal Jacket.

Is the rest up to par?
>>
>>72008395
Barry Lyndon and Eyes Wide Shut are great. Also, Dr. Strangelove is worth checking out.
>>
>>72008395
strangelove and eyes wide shut are great. so is paths of glory.

barry lyndon is his best film.
>>
>1 Movie you really like
Moon
the king's speech
It follows
>>
File: shadow_of_the_vampire_ver1.jpg (60 KB, 434x648) Image search: [Google]
shadow_of_the_vampire_ver1.jpg
60 KB, 434x648
>>72006301
>1 movie you really like
Shadow of the Vampire
Cartel Land
Bodied, but it hasn't even wrapped up filming yet so I know I'll be waiting a while.
>>
>>72008395
You should watch Eyes Wide Shut.
>>
>>72008489
Will do, thanks
>>
File: 1457433029999.jpg (4 MB, 3705x5558) Image search: [Google]
1457433029999.jpg
4 MB, 3705x5558
>eye of the devil
arguably the most patrician british horror movie ever made
>the helicopter spies
one of the original man from uncle movies. wild stuff
>dario argento's new project with iggy pop
it'll probably suck but i don't care
>>
It Follows (I love 80s horror movies so the style was great)

X-Men Apocalypse (waste of time/10)

A well written Spawn movie similar to his first arc in the comics or animated series.

No doubt we might see a Spawn movie but it will be directed by a hack and nothing but trash.
>>
>Goodfellas
>Ghostbusters 2016
>Welcome to Me
>>
>>72008481
Is cartel land good? I remember following the events on /pol/ when it was happening.
>>
>1 Movie you really like
Barry Lyndon, this movie can't getshilled enough. Kubrick's best lads
The Hateful Eight. It was pretty much what I expected from Tarantino, liked it
???
>>
>>72008803
Didn't get wtf he was doing with hateful eight at all man. Wish I did.
>>
>>72008840
how so?
>>
>>72008792
I'd say it was a solid 8/10. Obviously it had the open-endedness that any documentary about phenomena that are still happening has, but it was still pretty good.
>>
>>72008481

battle fan?
>>
>>72008803
Also love Tarantino and Kubrick.
So basically I would first recommend almost any of their other movies.
Off the top of my head, you might also like Drive or No Country for Old Men.
>>
>Naked
>Tokyo Drifter
>Neon Demon
>>
>>72008855
Like what his purpose was or why he had the bizarre transitions from the BBC scene onwards.
>>
>>72008840

If anything hateful eight was comfy as FUCK.

I love rewatching it , that first 30 minutes in the snow is the deffinition of comfy. cabin part is pretty comfy to. comfy comfy comfy
>>
>>72008891
>Drive or No Country for Old Men
joke's on you, already seen and sure enough very much enjoyed them both
>>
>>72008910
Isn't it great when you get a great film that's contained to a small place? Makes it much more interesting
>>
>>72008908
BBC scene wasn't needed, just le epic shock huehue really. Would've preferred to just have the story told and seeing the general's reaction
>>72008944
definitely somethign to be said about it
>>
>>72008934
Fuck, I guess I need to go more obscure
>>
>>72008877
Yes. I have high hopes for it since Kid Twist seems like a pretty intelligent writer, and with all the battle rappers that are gonna be in it I expect the actual battling parts to be accurate. My only worry is that the director is a music video director and a lot of times films made by music video directors have serious style over substance issues.
>>
>Paths of Glory
>The King and I
>The Insider
>>
>>72008803
Ok, I assume you've seen Fincher's films. How about Memento, 12 Monkeys, The Conversation, or 'Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels'?
>>
>>72009063
Right you are.
>The Conversation
>'Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels'?
I have no idea what this is so going to watch both, thanks
>>
>>72009088
success np
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 480x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 480x354
>really like Chronicle
>saw Tarzan - not worth, some keks were to be had tho with Sam L
>i want to see Neon Semen Demon
>>
>>72006301
>Zero Theorem
>Blue Velvet
>Birth of a Nation
>>
Funny Games
Mad Max Fury Road
Gattaca
>>
>>72009173
>>Birth of a Nation
The original one or the upcoming one?
>>
>>72009229
Upcoming one.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing the original, either.
>>
>Through a Glass Darkly, pre Persona Bergman is so unique
>Recently watched To The Wonder, I like late Malick more than early Malick so I liked this movie and it was more than what I expected
>I've been wanting to watch A Brighter Summer Day or Aguirre Wrath of God, they have been on my list forever
>>
>>72009283
I've got a copy of To the Wonder waiting on me, but I was underwhelmed with Knight of Cups. Sure it was shot well, but it never spoke to me.

Hope it'll be worth my time.
>>
>>72009258
The original one is good if you have some cinematic appreciation. It's a really old film, and it shows. I can understand if people do not like it. (I think it's great though).
>>
>>72009313
Yeah, I dig this.

Watching old films requires that you be a time traveler. Go back to 1915, forget everything you know beyond that date, and appreciate it based on that.

It's easy for me to dismiss people that can't do that... and I guess that's unfair.
>>
I recently watched Filth and thought it was really good but didn't like how its revealed hes a cross dressing faggot at the end. still really liked it
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.