[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>first tv series better than everyone else >then capeshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: unnamed.jpg (23 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
23 KB, 640x400
>first tv series better than everyone else
>then capeshit
>then movies
>now anime

Holy fuck, is Netflix literally taking over media?
>>
>>72005326
>all garbage
>being killed by the competition
>the meme is starting to wear off
>anyone with the brain can just pirate

No
>>
>streaming meme

Fuck off millennial cuck.
>>
>>72005326
>now anime
Voltron is garbage. I literally threw my tv remote when they revealed that one of the characters was transexual. I'm so fucking sick and tired of this fucking liberal SJW bullshit, and in my fucking anime of all fucking places.
>>
>>72005791
/thread
>>
>>72006042
>Netflix
>no tranny shit down your throat

It's literally your fault alone at this point.
>>
>>72006042
I haven't watched but I read a review of it, and it sounded like the character you're talking about was pulling a Mulan more than anything.
>>
>>72005791
>being killed by the competition
[source needed]
>>
>>72006111
Amazon Prime, Hulu and other services have increased competition which increases demand on films/tv shows which increases the prices they ask for which reduces their profit.
>>
>>72006042
Refer to
>>72006083
>>
>>72006217
>>72006083
I saw the show dipshits, doesn't mean I'm not pissed the fuck off. Tranny genocide when?
>>
>>72006243
Trannies and crossdressers are not the same thing tho?
>>
>>72005326
Hulu has shows the day after they air, Amazon has HBO shows, and HBO has its own streaming service. There's been no reason to have netflix for at least a year now
>>
What's the new Netflix tv show they've added today?
>>
>>72006083
She was. Pidge(real name Katie) was caught looking at classified information when looking for information on what happened to her father and brother and was kicked out.

She rejoined and disguised herself as a boy named Pidge to try again. Later on she reveals to the team that she's a girl and most of them had already guessed.
>>
>>72006311

This.

Pidge dressed like a boy to get into the military academy and at the data about her dad and brother because the commandant knew who she was.

Now you can argue that it's pretty fucking dumb a sci-fi military academy didn't do gene scans to find out who they were and nobody noticed in the physicals what gender the kid was but this is a kid's show and it's one of the less retarded aspects of it any way.

The only thing that vaguely irritates me is some SJW types saying "oh, CLEARLY Pidge was meant to be trans but someone at the toy company threw a hissy fit so we were denied our first real representation and blah blah blah" but in that case you tell idiots like that to fuck off, you don't chimp out on the show.

>>72006083 is right, it's basically Mulan.
>>
>>72005326

They've got a pretty good track record now. They seem to be better able to figure out what viewers want and respond to that than networks, probably because networks are less interested in the viewers as such than in the viewers as a means to attract advertisers and get cash from advertisers. Netflix just sells direct to the viewers.

As long as they maintain that model they should be OK. Getting in at the ground floor for a new medium is really going to help too.

To briefly shill, I just got done binge-watching Marco Polo. The first few episodes are a bit on the shit side but after like Ep 4 of Season 1 someone figured out that Benedict Wong as Kublai Khan was god-tier and the show stopped being about Marco Polo and started being about Kublai. Definitely worth a go and if all else fails you can just skip S1 entirely and start with S2 where Kublai is the main character right from the start without missing out on much.
>>
>>72005326
>lolnope
>Daredevil is boring when a fight scene isn't happening, Jessica Jones is a garbage fire
>some of the movies are nice
>all the anime is available outside netflix if you want to buy/pirate
>>
Daredevil, Sense8, Jessica Jones, and now Stranger things. you can argue some of these aren't all that amazing but none of them are bad. Netflix has been on a roll.
>>
>>72007324
>Daredevil is boring when a fight scene isn't happening, Jessica Jones is a garbage fire
Someone doesn't want a bro like Foggy. Get a load of this guy
>>
>>72007351
Sorry, it's boring me to tears to the point where I don't want to watch anymore.
>>
>>72007394
Season 2 is a lot better, unless you are watching season 2. In that case I don't know what to say.
>>
>>72007254

I guess they benefit a lot from having immediate market research. They can see how many people are watching what, and the rating they're giving it. It's pretty immediate.
>>
>>72006375
Depending on which country you're in, Netflix has rights to plenty of shows and puts them up night of.

The 100, for instance, still has some weird Netflix deal in Canada and we get episodes night of on streaming.

You're right tho in other streaming services having much better deals w/r/t currently airing shows. Netflix makes more of its own shows, though, and brings plenty of foreign shows over season by season which is pretty nifty too.
>>
>>72007254
Finally started Marco Polo this week, myself. The first episodes are definitely slower but I don't know if I would say they're shit. It's a lot of laying groundwork, and it's gorgeously shot.

Digging it so far. Wong is god tier, and Joan Chen is a fucking baller.
>>
>>72006180
How is it being killed by them? Do you have numbers?
>>
>>72007429
>Season 2 is a log better
For the first 4 episodes.
>>
Some of their originals are alright, but their overall film and TV library keeps shrinking every year

I canceled my account a couple years back and just bum off a friend when something comes out I want to watch
>>
>>72007664
Next you're going to tell me that the Punisher was shit too, huh?
>>
>>72007793
Punisher only felt good because everyone else fucked him up so terribly that a mediocre adaptation feels genius in comparison.

>inb4 Warzone was good

Fuck off Patton, your waifu's movie was shit.
>>
>>72007793
No he was great, which is why the first four episodes were so good
Ninjas fucked it up
>>
>>72006042
You're literally autistic and need to spend more time off 4chan if Mulan in a green Lion Triggered you. Dipshit.
>>
>>72007660
Well they're not dying. It's just now they're not making as they used to. This heavily weakens their position. They don't have a monopoly.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.