[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was basically wolf of wall Street on steroids
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
This was basically wolf of wall Street on steroids
>>
>>72004647
Its the opposite
>>
>>72004647
You're retarded
>>
>>72004647
It was boring. Complete opposite
>>
>>72004650
>>72004656
I hope u faggots invested in water
>>
>>72004647
So it's baseball aka boring as shit?
Good analysis
>>
>>72004647
I thought it was a more toned-down version honestly. While both have the 4th wall gimmick and use it to startlingly good effect (usually that gets a little annoying but it works here) Big Short deals primarily with the little guy, the 99% (to use an outdated term), the shit end of the stick.

WOWS, on the other hand, goes in the complete opposite direction and examines the hedonistic nature of the 1%, just the nonstop insane party life that rich niggers can afford.

They compliment each other very well, but TBS is by no means WOWS on steroids.
>>
wows was about depicting a glamorous life of one conman, tbs was more about detailing a system that led to a big disaster and how some people were able to make the best out of a horrible event. wows was a celebration of evil, while tbs was a condemnation of it.
>>
>>72004647
The editing was so fucked up. What kind of hack directed it?
>>
>"They're just going to blame it on poor people and minorities"
>Carell looks directly into the lense and no sound for like 3 whole seconds
>They say that line exactly just 90 seconds later

Completely ruined my immersion
>>
>>72004866
This thread is very confusing, I need Margot Robbie to explain
>>
>>72004893
Only part of the movie that pissed me off
>>
>>72004741
While I agree that it's fairly different than WoWS, i wouldn't necessarily think that hedge fund managers are the "little guy"
>>
>>72004893
That honestly ruined the movie for me Nobody blamed fucking poor people or immigrants for the banking crisis
>>
>>72004647
this was TWoWS on tranquilizers. The decision to try to stylistically piggyback on Wolf's success severely hurt this movie.
It was still good overall though
>>
>>72004647

Reverse that OP.

The Wolf Of Wallstreet is The Big Short on steroids.

The big short is a better movie imo. They're both over inflated and inaccurate, though.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.