[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mr. Robot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 10
File: ruined.jpg (70 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ruined.jpg
70 KB, 1920x1080
>Tyrell gets cucked
>Angela gets blacked
>FBI woman is best friends with Ahmed at the corner store
>the corporatist's con pep talk to the politicians
>Elliott hanging out fulltime with black people

When did this show become extreme leftist as fuck?
>>
>>72002182
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
>>
Elliot is hanging out with black people because he's in prison
>>
>>72002182

this was one of the cringiest things i've ever seen. maybe he was an informant or something
>>
>>72002182
bonesaw ribbiot
>>
>Tyrell gets cucked
If he isn't around, this seems like a natural choice. These two don't have a classical relationship.
>Angela gets blacked
She would have slept with anyone that happened to talk to her at that point.
This felt out of place and clearly forced to show her character.
>the corporatist's con pep talk to the politicians
It fits with the theme of the show. Capitalism requires a general agreement by the people that the system is strong. If people entirely doubt the system then no one ever trades stocks, ever goes to banks, and the economy dies.
It fits well, considering he just wanted to listen to people speak. Hanging out with extroverted black people is exactly what he wants.
>>
>>72002182
>Mr. Leftist
>Mr. Normie
>>
>>72002182

I'm pretty sure Leon isn't a real person
>>
File: Untitled.png (629 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
629 KB, 1920x1080
>>72002182
>>
>>72002907
Fucking this, OP is a retard. Either that or she's working him.
>>
Not one of those things stuck out to me, or made me even give it a second thought when I watched both episodes OP.

Please kindly get back to your echo-hugbox-chamber known as /pol/.
>>
Anyone else believe Elliot is in prison/mental institution?
>>
>guy who plays Leon is called "Joey Bada$$"
>>
>>72002182
So Tyrell is alive, huh?
>>
>>72004743
He called Eliot at the end of the season premier
>>
So did Elliot kill Tyrell?
What did Elliot pull out of the popcorn machine? a gun?
>>
>>72002182
>When did this show become extreme leftist as fuck?
Since it started??

The entire premise is "anonymoose is legum" which these days is extreme left.

>Group of 1337 H4x0rs
>2 women
>a muslim
>a black guy
>only one white autistic guy

I enjoyed the first season but the political shit they shove into the show is extremely left wing.
>>
real leftist twist

[Elliot really is a slow, dim witted, simpleton, touched in the head with a speech disorder who day dreams all day long about hacking hijinx while getting high, while his trippy sister is the brain behinds fsociety and engineering the takedown of Ecorp[/spoiler]
>>
>>72004895
god i need to sleep

kek that was embarassing
>>
>>72004869
Yes, considering they placed one there before. While it's definitely possible he used it to kill him, I'm leaning towards him just using it to force him to go where he wants.
>>
File: 0-tfw gf.jpg (47 KB, 564x522) Image search: [Google]
0-tfw gf.jpg
47 KB, 564x522
im not even sure whats real in this show ?

i really think Elliot is locked up somewhere and he imagine all of this

>black people at the prison yard
>black people at the lunch
>explain why his sister "never talked" to him
>the prison lock up sound whenever he enter his room

And where the fuck is Tyrell and more importantly why he is taking the fall for this ?
>>
>>72002182
S2 is off to a bad start. Barely held my attention. I'll give it another week or two and may drop it.
>>
File: mC5eevK.jpg (965 KB, 4055x2321) Image search: [Google]
mC5eevK.jpg
965 KB, 4055x2321
>>72004996
>>
File: yr5ze79D.jpg (387 KB, 671x966) Image search: [Google]
yr5ze79D.jpg
387 KB, 671x966
> Mfw as soon as he mentioned "tomorrow I'll be a hero"

Gideon did nothing wrong. So will his death be the trigger for Eliot to really get back into things?
>>
>>72005075
well shit
>>
Tyrell isn't dead. He turned in Elliot to the cops and ran away to France. Elliot is in a nuthouse not prison. Also Mr.Robot being shut out is what causing Elliot to hallucinate that he is home with his mom. He is Mr.Robot but creates his father alter ego to self-delude himself that he is normal. Also his sister needs Elliot help because they're losing the war aganist E-corp. Elliot was the mastermind behind season 1 attack on E-corp and his sister was just the good social engineer.
>>
>>72005080
>him mentioning "crisis actor"

I wonder if the shooter browses /pol/
>>
>>72005080
>yfw Elliot order Gideon murder
>>
>>72005075
i wanna fuck the shrink
>>
>>72005075
What does it mean?
>>
>>72002182

>Tyrell gets cucked
>When did this show become extreme leftist as fuck

Did you miss last season when Tyrell ass fucked the shit out of a guy?
>>
>>72005224
I'm guessing it's a visitor room, and he was visited by both of those characters.
>>
>>72004115
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>72005148
elliot is tyrell
>>
>>72005224
the red lamp light is something found in the prison/institution Elliot is at in real life. He made himself imagine he's at his moms house/with his psychiatrist. Tons of imagery that alludes his mom's home is an actual prison (bars everywhere, elliot at a basketball court with black ppl, sticking to a schedule, his desk with toothbrush and books, Tyrell calling him on a phone like in prison, etc.)
>>
>>72005075
bravo nolan
>>
>>72003371
>Mr. Normie

Did they ever imply he wasn't a mental normie?
>>
>>72005316
Isn't his mom dead, too? I don't think the show ever implied his mother was still alive or willing to play a part in Elliot's life.
>>
>>72005625
That's why Mr. Robot even tells Elliot "Control is an illusion". No matter how hard Elliot sticks with his mundane schedule, its all an illusion and he has lost control. He's stuck in prison and lost his mind.
>>
>>72002935
>bonesaw ribbiot

Second time I have seen this in a robot thread. What does it mean?
>>
>>72002182
I just watched the first episode of this show and the moment they said "wealth redistribution" I was kinda over it. Does it ever stop with the leftist propaganda?
>>
>>72002869
Never thought about that. You think that might be the case?
>>
>>72002907
Their exchange in Farsi was a little much.
>>
CAUSE I DON'T REMEMBER

TAKE TAKE ME HOME
>>
>>72005010
Thanks for the update. If you stop I'll make sure to follow suit.
>>
>>72005075
It's like pottery
>>
>>72004594
wat?
>>
>>72002869
That makes sense.
>Today started just like yesterday, and the day before that
>Basketball is the only recreation
>Eat at designated times
>Assigned chores
>k9 dog
>Cops point a gun to Elliot's head when he acts up
>allowed to make one phone call
>>
File: 1468495293347.webm (3 MB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
1468495293347.webm
3 MB, 1280x718
>>
File: horselaughter.gif (527 KB, 251x200) Image search: [Google]
horselaughter.gif
527 KB, 251x200
Watching episode 8 right now
>mfw tranny BD wong
>>
>>72004436
Me, it'll end with him looking out a window laughing hysterically.
>>
>>72006939
Freeze frame around eight seconds and you see her tits.
>>
File: mrrubutt.jpg (137 KB, 2154x1616) Image search: [Google]
mrrubutt.jpg
137 KB, 2154x1616
>>72005202
She's into anal!
>>
>>72005316
You notice she shuts his bedroom door and tells him bed time, like lights out in a prison, notice his bedroom door slides like a prison door.
>>
>>72006514
>eats all his meals at the same time with the same guy
>his mother never interacts with him
>gideon visits him and sits across a table from him like in a prison visit
>the basketball court is in the yard of a prison
>the guy with the dog is a prison guard that settles an argument simply by getting involved
>elliot has the same schedule every single day with no access to computers or cellphones

everything points to a prison or mental institution with elliot deluding himself

even the phone that he uses to tak to tyrell at the end is a landline like you would find at a prison, who the fuck has a landline anymore?
>>
Angela needs to be killed off more than anyone else. I still enjoy the interactions between Elliot and his dead dad.
>>
>>72007674
My guess he's in a mental hospital. He has his own room. Prison is different.
>>
>>72007674

What's he in prison for? Obviously it wasn't for the big hack so what else was it? I forget what else he did during S1.
>>
>>72007799
He could have committed himself to a mental hospital.
>>
>>72007799
He's in a mental hospital. He had a big breakdown last season.
>>
>>72007799
i think its for hacking the guy who was dating krista

>i used to have a dog
>what happend
>i dont anymore

i think the cops arrested him for hacking the guy thats why he "lost" the dog
>>
>>72007674
He stole Michael's dog and stalked his psychiatrist
He killed a betta fish
>>
>>72007752
>bunch of black guys playing basketball
>definite sign of a mental hospital
>>
>>72002907
>is Sally a traditional Iranian name
I'm not American but what the fuck is the point of that exchange?
>>
>>72004869
Maybe he just wanted some popcorn, mate?
>>
Where is the promo for next week episode?
>>
File: 1441238212427.webm (828 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1441238212427.webm
828 KB, 640x640
>>72002182
>>Tyrell gets cucked
>>Angela gets blacked

Darlene still best girl
>>
>>72008337
but shes ugly
>>
>>72008141
I think it was "Tali"
>>
>>72002182
I told my gf on the couch next to me, "oh shit, she gonna get the BBC!", and she laughed with me and sure enough she got BLACKED a moment later. We were both disgusted. She was also mad there was no Tyrell (she's hot for him) and that his wife is cucking him pisses her off.
>>
>>72008396
Fuck no! Her legs are hot-tier. But just wait, they'll have her make out with the Muslim girl or something.
>>
>>72008774
hate to tell you this but your gf has been getting the BBC for a year now
>>
>>72008141
To show that everyone hates her and she's unaware of it
>>
>>72006939

more webms of this bitch pls
>>
File: mr robot gag.webm (3 MB, 1280x1080) Image search: [Google]
mr robot gag.webm
3 MB, 1280x1080
>>
>>72008774
your gf sounds like a fucking idiot
>>
>>72002182
ever since the beginning when the premise was 'screw the government! Fuck the problems erasing all debt will cause, I'm just not responsible enough to handle it myself!'
>>
>>72004594
Isn't this the nigga who tried to come at lil b
>>
No way elliot in prison . Fucking fan fiction from reddit
>>
>>72009431
There's obviously a lot of parralels to a prison or a mental hospital, but it might also just be a metaphor for how Elliot is purposefully locking himself up in his mid to trap Robot which obviously doesn't work
>>
>>72002182
It always was. The entire show is basically dude revolution against the system lmao.
>>
>>72003030
>Capitalism requires a general agreement
What the fuck do you mean "Capitalism" you gaping retard? Are you watching the same show as everyone else or are you too busy jacking off to Warren Buffet to think for yourself?

It's not capitalism that requires faith, it's believe in the strength of mega corporations like Standard Oil, Enron, etc. Through projection of power alone they remain(ed) tall, until people saw what they really were.
>>
>>72007728
I hope Angela stomps on Elliot's balls with high heels, just for that comment.
>>
>>72007868
I thought Angela had the betta fish
>>
>>72008946
plot twist: op is black
>>
>>72009955
she does, there was a shot of it in episode 2
>>
Some comments.

Elliot's notebook has a handwritten title that says
>REDWHEELBARROW
The QR code in Elliot's notebook points to
http://www.conficturaindustries.com/
Check out http://www.conficturaindustries.com/js/webmaster_analytics.js
Their logo appears on the cover of Elliot's notebook.

Elliot has the book Resurrection by Leo Tolstoy on his desk.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resurrection_(novel)
>The story is about a nobleman named Dmitri Ivanovich Nekhlyudov, who seeks redemption for a sin committed years earlier. His brief affair with a maid had resulted in her being fired and ending up in prostitution. The book treats his attempts to help her out of her current misery, but also focuses on his personal mental and moral struggle.
Angela got fired and now works for Evil Corp. Her lawyer likened her to a prostitute.

Angela has Elliot's fish.

Hot Karla is burning the book Waiting for Godot.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waiting_for_Godot
tl;dr: Two characters waiting for a third character day after day. Fucked up cyclic sense of time and space. Just read the wiki article or something.
>She's become like my personal Totem.

In Season 1, Mr. Robot refers to Elliot as "his God". During church group, when Elliot is about to pass out, they're reading a passage about God's relationship to his son. Also, Waiting for Godot could refer to waiting for God.

Leon keeps talking about Seinfeld episodes where the characters are trapped and it's really fucking with him.
>Like, what? That's not a T.V. show bro. Where's the story? It just makes no sense.
Leon and Elliot never interact with anyone simultaneously.

Part of the conversation with the therapist isn't shared with the audience because Elliot doesn't trust us right now. The conversation comes back at
>why your mom? why her, specifically?

The guy Angela slept with may be an fbi agent https://twitter.com/AndreOnCyber/status/753446689873104896

Control is an illusion is a recurring theme.
>>
>>72010075
I like all these points
>>
Mr. Robot? More like... Mr. Normie

AAYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>72005075
wow
>>
>>72005075
Man, she's hot. I bet she's into anal.
>>
>>72010075
deepest lore
>Leon and Elliot never interact with anyone simultaneously.
what strikes me as odd is that he has somehow gotten a friend and settled down into a routine with him that quickly
>>
>>72002869
Does that mean that at the end of Season 1the cops are the ones knocking outside Elliot's apartment?
>>
>>72011315
oh fuck completly forgot about that
>>
>>72010075
Me again.

About the control is an illusion theme. I think it can also be applied in reverse. I.e. "Illusion is control".
>CEO of evil corp telling the government clowns to resign.
>Angela's motivational posters and pictures that say "Don't call it a dream. Call it a plan", "think positive thoughts", "believe in yourself", her motivational video, etc.. all in an effort to convince herself she's in control.
>Darlene's scenes in episode 1. Sitting on the bathroom floor like a wreck, fixing her makeup in the mirror, and then giving a speech. "Speech is bullshit but it works. Riles them up"
>Elliot's regiment and probably also being committed or something.

Probably not related but I found it funny that the five-nine hack also seems to "flip"the five-to-nine world.

Ray and Ahmed are probably going to be important somehow. Ray I'm sure of since he shows up in the posters. Ahmed on the other hand just seemed to have too much information given about him (It would be weird for the writers to waste dialogue like that).

Allegedly One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is a big movie reference here but I haven't seen it (I'm actually a /sci/lon who doesn't usually come to /tv/).

I can't shake this feeling that there's something obvious here that I'm somehow missing.

>>72011255
inorite

By the way, check out the first result when you google 'Leon Seinfeld'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEcEZ820rGM

>>72011315
The whoismrrobot.com site has a short clip of that scene. The clip doesn't reveal anything new but they're clearly trying to bring attention to it.

On a sidenote, if you open the terminal you can type "cd .." to switch to the / directory. However there isn't much you can do from there. There are a few hidden commands including sudo, chmod, and mv but I couldn't do anything useful with them. I get the sense that the puzzles on that site require more real world knowledge and less linux knowledge.
>>
>>72011255
Leon kinda diappears after confrontation with basketball player, implying he is Elliot's alter ego
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.