[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should it have ended after "Face-off" Did people like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 000.jpg (320 KB, 1280x856) Image search: [Google]
000.jpg
320 KB, 1280x856
Should it have ended after "Face-off"
Did people like Season 5 or do they think the show stopped being good then

Second question would you have ended it differently, or was Felina satisfying enough.
>>
"I won" and the cut to black would have been perfect as a series finale
>>
i don't feel it should have ended there but maybe season 5 was a few too many episodes to close it out.
>>
>>72000471
I think there should have been a full-length season 5, but it should have gone in a completely different direction with it.
>>
It was weird how much of the Jesse and Hank teamup was skipped over, they were only working together for like an episode and a half before he got killed. I felt like we missed out on what could've been some really interesting development between the characters. Like Hank admitting that he doesn't care if Jesse dies or not as long as he gets Walt. How truthful was he in that moment?

Honestly it should've been Walt vs. Hank to the very end, as the dynamic between the two + Jesse was far more interesting than the White Supremacists
>>
>>72000843
would have taken a while for Hank to arm up to jessie. He was only being 'nice' because he was helping him catch walt.

Kind of funny, kid gets used no matter what he does, loses every girl he loves, parents thing he's hopeless etc etc.

Jessie...had a hard life..
>>
>>72000843
>White Supremacists

God this still pisses me off. Like..just introduce them in the last season ad have that be the big bad. come on. so stupid. i would have taken gus surviving to season 5 and him being the final 'villain' overt hat. Jack and crew were boring as fuck.
>>
>>72000347
this desu
>>
>tfw I haven't even finished breaking bad and ended only at Season 4

is this the true experience?
>>
>>72000288
I think I might be in the minority on this thread, but I absolutely would not have ended it there. To me, a good series finale can leave a few minor loose ends for "what-if" purposes (certainly don't want to spell every last thing out), but most major plot points should be resolved by that point.

Perhaps the ending was a bit deus ex machina, but to me, Felina was a perfect finale.

Another good example of my perfect ending is Reservoir Dogs. Pink gets away just like Jesse does (although we're left to wonder if he gets caught by the incoming police or gets to start a new life elsewhere), but the story more or less proceeds to its logical--not to mention fitting--conclusion.
>>
>>72000347

I agree with this 100%. If half of your last season is simply introducing new characters, maybe you didn't need that last season.
>>
>>72001088
uh no. don't listen to retards here, season 5 is good.
>>
>>72001199
S5 has good episodes but it's overall one of the worst seasons.
>>
>>72000843
>>72000943
>far more interesting than the White Supremacists

I was and still am alright with them being the ones to end the empire.The thing is about them was that they weren't really the "big bad" or even the final villains until Ozymandias.

Depending on if you're an edgelord or not, Hank or Walt were the main villains of season five and both them unknowingly got in way over their heads. Hank was especially clueless since he had no idea that: 1. Walt essentially had Jack and his crew on retainer and 2. it was Jack that helped to orchestrate the mass prison killings.

They were really just 100% self-interested and did not give a single fuck as to whether they were dealing with a DEA agent or "the great Heisenberg."
>>
>>72001088
What the fuck, mate?

You're on a board that fucking hates 99% of the shit it comes across, especially popular shit, and you're going to go off that alone to not watch the final season that was extremely well-received by pretty much every viewer except /tv/?

Don't be such a pussy. Watch it. It's very good.
>>
The whole point of the show is Walt's corruptive influence, and how he used his family as an excuse for his destructive behavior. If you end it at season 4, the message falls flat. Walt winning isn't a satisfying conclusion and misses the entire point of the story.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.