[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the most overrated movie of all time? It's a legit 5/10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: blade_runner.jpg (130 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
blade_runner.jpg
130 KB, 1024x768
Is this the most overrated movie of all time?

It's a legit 5/10
>>
Is OP the biggest faggot of all time?
>>
I don't know, going to watch the Director's Kino version for the first time tonight, hope it's good.
>>
>>71997195
Fuck you, dickshit. The director's cut is unspeakably GOAT. The ship effects still hold up today.

Saw it in Imax last year, it was great.
>>
>>71997431
The Final Cut > Director's Cut >>> International Theatrical Cut > USA Theatrical Cut

I haven't seen the Workprint Cut.
>>
>>71997195
So, was he actually a cylon?
>>
I loved Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and hated this film.
>>
>>71997563
paper unicorn proves it
>>
>>71997518
>dude you just need to watch the right version of the movie to not think it's mediocre as fuck
>>
>>71997535
Workprint Cut is shit, they did what they could but the transfer is ugly and it doesn't even have the Vangelis score. Even the USA Theatrical Cut is better
>>
>>71997518
>Saw it in Imax last year
You lucky bastard, where do you live?
>>
Its a bit overrated but its still very good.
And yes, the version without the monologues is vastly superior.
>>
>>71997610
You're a retard who doesn't know anything about film. A director's cut of a film can be drastically different from whatever a studio had put together. You can't truly judge Blade Runner until you've seen the final cut.
>>
>>71997725
Will it go from a 5 to a 6
>>
Yeah, Blade Runner is overrated. It is also my favorite movie.
>>
>>71997518
I saw it too mate
>>
What's with this board's summer userbase trashing good 80's movies? Is this what millennials do now to be edgy?
>>
>>71997664
Edmonton, at the Telus World of Science. The opening sequence was fucking unreal.

>>71997610
I'm not saying I give a shit what you think of the movie, but you're definitely a faggot if you don't like it.
>>
>>71997610
>DUDE DIFFERENT CUTS DON'T MATTER LMAO
Stop posting, there are countless films that were butchered by incompetent studios.
>>
>>71997799
Blade Runner is one of the few genuine pleb filter films
>>
File: image.gif (953 KB, 240x212) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
953 KB, 240x212
>>71997195
>>
>>71997563
Only Ridley Scott thinks he was a replicant. Philip K. Dick, Hampton Francher (the screenwriter), and Ford say he was human.
>>
>>71997829
I have a confession to make.

I've never seen Once Upon A Time In America. Is there a definitive version I should watch for my first viewing?
>>
>>71997782
>no awkward narration
>no dumb happy ending
>includes the unicorn scene
>Zhora's death scene, the dove being released and other glaring fuck ups have been perfectly fixed
I doubt you'll love the final cut but I'm sure you'll like it more than whatever theatrical cut you watched. You shouldn't judge Blade Runner until you've seen the final cut. That cut is Ridley Scott's vision fully realized.
>>
>>71998033
Either watch the 229 minute European release cut or the 251 minute director's cut. Avoid the 139 minute USA release cut like the plague.
>>
I actively don't like harrison ford, and I think sci-fi shit is bullshit.

blade runner was nice. I like the slow pace of the story, you've got just enough in each scene but it doesn't get boring or unwatchable except maybe when he fucks that girl.

I saw the Final Cut and enjoyed it and might watch it again. Far better than some other movies that people recommended, like Predator or Total Recall.
>>
>>71998192
Director's cut it is. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>71998199
I love Predator and Total Recall, but those movies aren't even in the same area code as Blade Runner.
>>
I agree. It's literally just Frankenstein in the future.
>>
>>71998199
Are you a gril?
>>
>>71998378
no. and I was kidding, total recall rules, it's way better than blade runner. blade runner just has a sweet setting with a japanese run sad super citystill don't like predator's second half. arnold is cool, predator is not
>>
>>71998262
Cool, you're welcome. The lost footage that's in the director's cut adds to the story but you should be warned that it looks significantly degraded in comparison to the regular footage.
>>
>>71997195
You'd probably like it more before you'd seen countless other scifi movies and before your mind was tainted hearing ITS DA BEST SLYGUY MOBIE EVUR!!! At least that's what happened for me. So many people hyping it up and it ended up just being alright compared to the countless other movies I've seen. Had I caught it on TV some night with no prior knowledge, I bet I'd have a higher opinion of it. In short: don't expect any movie to live up to the hype, especially hype from /tv/
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.